Here's a Joke... "What did the game dev say to the Selo player?"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Jan 29, 2021.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

"What did the game dev say to the Selo player?"

Absolutely nothing.
  2. ayoforYayoh Augur

How exactly does this relate to stocks and bonds?

Please stay focused on what's important. Thank you
    HoodenShuklak and Svann2 like this.
  3. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

The same thing they said to the Fippy, Vulak, and Trakanon player. We don't care. Selo's players are the smallest group of whiners i've ever seen. Why is it everytime one of these threads come up it's never from a Phinigel player, who has 4 x the amount of time invested and a much larger population to cry from?
  4. jeskola pheerie

Selo is about to hit live. Fippy and Vulak stagnated behind a different unlock system, and Trakanon was not a TLP. Selo hits live 2 months before Phinny, so Phinny players can just wait to see what happens to Selo to determine their likely fate.

Putting all that aside, do you agree with the way the devs are handling their customers' questions about the fate of their servers? The least they could do is throw out a reply that they are still discussing.tjia internally and have yet to reach a decision (the likely scenario imo)
  5. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Fippy, Vulak, and maybe not so much Trak players all had various concerns relating to long term success that 100% should have been addressed that got completely ignored. My comparison wasn't to them being in the same situation, rather them being ignored as Selos is.

Not on any level at all. It doesn't matter for the same reason they wont announce exp weekends until 3 hours after it's started or new TLPs until a week from opening date - they're terrible. You got a reply from Dreamweaver already saying guidance will be passed. Just wait.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Buy low, sell high. What else is there to know?
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Communication hasn't been entirely silent on Selo, from Discord, in response to a question about whether Truebox can just be toggled on/off:

dreamweaver 07/21/2020 [11:24 AM]
    No it's not just a toggle, unfortunately.

But it's a longer conversation the team is having about changing the announced rules of the servers. I've pointed them at the thread so they're aware of the player discussions.

Earlier communications I had poked Dreamweaver in PM's pointing him at the Selo Truebox Thread, he was trying to get the devs to look at it before the xmas break and as far as I can tell that did happen with the conversation having been ongoing since then.
    Barton likes this.
  8. MarttinPH Augur

I honestly think they have made the decision already. They have two options.

Option 1: Release the news asap, and the have two months of constant complaints in the forums about it before it goes live.
    Option 2: Release the news at the patch/change goes live, and have less complaining about it compared to option one.

I remember when they released another set of truebox servers the immediately made a sticky post to discuss a non-truebox server to keep on the vitriol in one place.
  9. KrakenReality Augur

The forums are pretty easy to ignore.
  10. jeskola pheerie

Unless things have changed under JChan, they have proven they need players to guide them in the right direction after the initial ruleset announcements for Selo/Mangler and then again for Aradune/Rizlona.
    Skuz and Machen like this.
  11. Machen New Member

They should have learned by now that announcing ahead of time is far better, because it gives them time to fix something if the player base universally hates it. EG pop locking aradune and rizlona, or bundling Gates on Phinny. DPG has shown they really have no clue a lot of the time as to what players actually want. Dropping major updates last minute will get them in a bind more often than not.
    Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  12. Imvi New Member

"Hope you enjoy Povar!"

In all seriousness, how is the population on Povar anyway?
  13. Machen New Member

If it were super great I doubt they would have chosen it for a merge destination.
    Discord likes this.
  14. michahs1 New Member

but have you seen this new ice
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Is it the "blue stuff"?
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]