Here we go again…

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tappin Augur

So you probably have already guess what my complaint is about, but…

You cannot engage your customers in new content simply by nerfing the loot drops and experience gained in previous expansion. With each passing year, it feels like the new content is more like a yearly taxation, not an expansion.

Would it be possible to design an expansion that incentivizes people to play in it by providing a better overall experience than the last expansion?

Sigh… /end rant
  2. Xranix New Member

I concur with Tappin's new call to nerf the nerfs.
  3. Duder Augur

I don't follow your use of the term taxation. People throw that around to make something sound worse than it is. What loot drop nerfs are you referring to? Exp should be better in harder zones. Exping would become diluted if zones that got easier with gear and level upgrades never had their exp adjusted.

Broaden your horizons, leave FM... don't worry, the sarnak in gorowyn will be headshottable after you level.
    Cuuthbert and Bigstomp like this.
  4. Tappin Augur

I hunt in winds and have the lamp on multiple toons. It's common sense that if you want people to purchase the new expansion, then you design something people want to consume. It's BAD design to nerf old content until it is useless.

It's a yearly taxation when you have purchases a new expansion to avoid having to spend 3 times as long getting a new toon through a few levels (the same rate as before).
  5. Duder Augur

You say its bad design that people aren't able to kill trash that is trivial for the same exp as new mobs? And im pretty sure the experience required to complete new levels is larger and new mobs just give more exp per kill. So its not going to take you any longer to lvl through 109 on RoS content than it did before. So this "nerfed exp rate" doesn't even exist.

If you are killing in Esianti, you will be gaining FAR better experience than if you transitioned over to a new zone where it takes much more effort and time to kill mobs... Im not really sure why you're complaining.
  6. Zamiam Augur

the dev's have stated that they nerf the XP in older zones to move people from those zones/expansions to the new expansion when its released ..
    I'm sure its not those exact words but pretty close and im sure someone with more knowledge than me about how to search thru these forums can find the posts ..

but long story short it does happen and it happens every time a new expansion hits..
  7. Duder Augur

That may be, regardless, the OP seems to be finding anything to find wrong.

If you are trying to level your new 85s in ToV you're doing it wrong to begin with. Regardless, getting better exp camping better items... yeah, that sounds terrible.

Two, your use of the word "taxation" is troubling. Im not even sure you know what taxation is.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Aren't you the one that called for an XP nerf on GMM because it was "too easy?" And now you are suggesting that xp in last xpac should still be easy to obtain to level a character? o_O
    Yinla, Graves, Duder and 2 others like this.
  9. feeltheburn Augur

#getgoodandmoveon
  10. Brats New Member

#let's get this over with...

Tappin please ... I hate you. Your post do nothing but call for nerfs. It's against the rules and I don't get how you get away with it.

I look through your post and it feels like you use multiple accounts to plead for your nerfs...

Your one person who I hope stops posting or closes their account.

Stop asking for nerfs. This last thread is nothing but a troll thread that needs locked... As a customer I am very happy with daybreak. I enjoy the game...

As a person who reads your post... You are part of the problem. Stop asking for nerfs...

This thread your asking for the game to change the way xp is given to characters. How about you just play the game like the rest of us...

It is super easy now a days to get max aas and levels. That is with a high enough play time. If your play time doesn't meet x time, then you won't be max...

News flash you don't have to be max to play...

Get over it. Stop asking for nerfs and please don't make it even easier to level. Leave it the way it is.

The only way it should be easier to level is if they increase the level for heroic characters and you pay for it to day break...

Maybe they can charge 100 dollars for 1000 aas. I'd be good with that... What I am not good with is making it even easier than it already is...
    Yinla, Funky, Mintalie and 1 other person like this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yinla, Graves and Coronay like this.
  12. Eggolas Augur

While changes to experience may help movement to new zones, it negatively impacts returning players who find it more difficult to progress in harder contents than current players made use of, such as GMM. Moreover, when the new expansion comes, it will be even more difficult to find groups for these older zones. I did manage to get a guild group to GMM. One person who died in a wipe said he had done it a hundred times before and never saw it this difficult. Interesting.
    Bobokin likes this.
  13. Petalonyx Augur

This thread is confusing. What is being nerfed?
  14. strongbus Augur

there have been a few times in the past where people where not hanging out in a new exp so the dervs would make it so if you where over x level then the older exp will give you less xp. even if the new exp was not a level increasing one.
  15. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Go find new hunting areas. Its really kind of that easy if you want to maintain the "accustomed" exp rate.
  16. Drayman Elder

There is a pretty easy solution to this. Don't buy the new content. Play a different game.

Daybreak will do what Daybreak wants. If you don't like it, then just move on to something else.
    enclee likes this.
  17. Laronk Augur

18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thread title was misleading due to absent "Let's Get This Over With" moniker. Thought this was a legitimate complaint until I read the OP.

Yet, you CALLED FOR NERFS on NEW CONTENT. I can't even...just wow.

They did provide incentive in GMM, which you called to be nerfed because it was too much incentive. Which the devs then agreed with and nerfed it.

Now you're calling on Devs to provide the very incentive you deemed too good in new content so people will actually play in it. You are a seriously crafty wordsmith, Tappin. I mean that in the worst way possible.

Please never post again.

Sigh… /end rant
    Yinla, Sokki, Raccoo and 3 others like this.
  19. Duder Augur

Couldn't agree more
    Yinla and Cuuthbert like this.
  20. Laronk Augur

Really there's things to do in new expansions, that's typically the incentive.
    Duder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.