Helping Norrath's Economy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Loviticus, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Loviticus Elder

Keeping a healthy economy is important. The health of the bazaar declines when populations drop. An enormous part of the problem is the time sink involved in pricing your own goods. It takes a long time to look-up the price of an item and set your own price. If we removed this time and hassle obstacle, we may see more items and thus a healthier economy.

My suggestion:
    Include a button to "Match Lowest Price" for an individual item. And another button to "Match Lowest Price" for all items in the trade window.

My dream world:
    The above buttons would be in place as well as a "Discount Item X%" button. This button would go through your trades and discount them from their current price by a certain percent. It could be a drop down with 5% - 50% or whatever makes it work.

Thoughts and ideas?
  2. Raccoo Augur

Would be nice to know, from both perspective of buyer/seller, what the last sold price was. So you can decide how much people are willing to sell for, or buy for.
    Loviticus likes this.
  3. Loviticus Elder

Very true - though that would require new code to be written and probably a database to store the info. So I'd put this in the "dream world" column. I'd still settle for just the "set to lowest price" buttons.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

This idea could so easily be exploited if players are not paying attention. For example item x is a hot seller or even something that sells moderately well. Maybe an expendable like a power source or food. Someone has a bunch of these they want to sell but they don't want any competition so they throw up a garbage trader with just a couple on it for way under market value with hopes that some lazy seller will throw there items up there also and click this magic button to match their price without realizing how low the price is. Seller does so and the other player swoops in, buys them out and then adjusts the price of their goods making huge profits. The lazy seller loses, potential buyers have less competitive sellers to buy from resulting in paying higher prices so they also lose, and the reseller makes a hefty profit winning big. If time is your only concern I guess you might win too as the lazy seller but this kind of defeats the purpose of having a trader. I get the frustration of managing traders as I use to spend an hour or more every day restocking and adjusting the prices on my traders but its just not worth the headache. Find a reasonable price for your items and walk away. Replace them as needed but let the sales play themselves out. If you find an item is sitting for way to long do a price adjustment but otherwise don't worry to much about it is pretty much how I have gone about it for the last couple years and my EQ experience could not be any better.
    snailish and Pirlo like this.
  5. S33k3r Augur

I would love to see the trader window display a column for lowest & highest price of each item I have in a trader bag that a trader is trying to sell.

The icing would be if I could select an item in trader window and for the bazaar window to show who is selling those items (included myself if I am in trader mode).
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I've played other MMO's that report sales history and it's always busted to holy Hell. Players can dupe the market to suit what they wish the market to be with absolute ease. I won't post how but it should be fairly obvious what that method is. Just think about "those guys" on your server that buy up and resell markets. Those guys will figure it out, quick. No games have the staff to police it. OMG I'm having Tera flashbacks lol
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Oh, and I'll repost what I keep saying will aid the economy: 20 slot trader's satchels. The more we can put out, the less the resellers can take control of. If this would put too much strain on the server that runs the bazaar, an upgrade would be very appreciated by your playerbase. Start a new TLP server next summer and print money in Krono sales to pay for it :)
    Pirlo likes this.
  8. alexander97 Lorekeeper

here is an idea being able to set specific items that you will take instead of set price :)
  9. Tucoh Augur

40 slot trader bags for 1k daybreak cash would be a huge money maker and hrlp the bazaar
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  10. Loviticus Elder

I'm too lazy to update baz prices and way too lazy to read a big block of text hah. Use paragraphs if you want folks to listen to ya. I'm sure this says something important but probably nothing that prevents this general idea from still being a good idea.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The only reason I said 20 was if I'm not mistaken, the game UI has 200 slots set in it. I suppose they could change that, but was my reasoning. :)
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Reseller big profit. Seller lose money. Buyers pay more. Less word easy read. Words bad I understand.
    snailish likes this.