Help with Tailoring needed

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Cintile, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Cintile Lorekeeper

I hate doing trade skills but I need to get to 100 for my epic. Can anyone link to the best guide or recipe to make this happen? I looked online but all I found was information that was really old.
  2. Venaki Elder

http://eq.magelo.com/tradeskill/61

Check here. I used magelo to do my tradeskills, you can list it by TS lvl, see which components you'll need and where you can get them. Dropped items are listed, too, and you can see the mobs that drop that, the drop rate... IMO is the best site for TS. Hope that will help you!
  3. Gladare Augur

4. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Here's the truth: You are going to be farming!! Whether you like it or not, you're gonna be out killing stuff.

My suggestion: Find a recipe that requires just dropped (and vendor purchased) items. Nothing that requires too many sub-combines or player made objects like Vials Of Viscous Mana, etc, and farm (possibly bazaar) the items needed.

Since this is just to get the skill for your epic, keep in mind this is a money sink and there will be no recouping your losses from the money you put into it. For my Monk 1.5, I think I dropped 16K into it to get my skill to make the sash. That was after I got tired of farming for mats a few days into it and just hit the bazaar.

Handmade backpacks (HQ Bear Pelt (easily attainable: higher level zone bears drop them more often) + Pattern) should get you to 88. If you wanted to sell them, you could make a few coins on them, I gave mine away to newbies, because that's how I am. After those, it became more difficult, as it took more pieces to do combines. I honestly forget what I finished with to get up to 128ish in Tailoring, but I remember it being expensive.

Just remember, you're going to be doing at least 400-600+ combines to get 100 skill in Tailoring, and that's if you're lucky. I think there are some potions that help you level tradeskills, but not sure if they're still available. If they are, by all means get them ad use them!!

Good luck, and pre-congrats on your epic!
  5. Sleppen Augur

Old school guide (it still works, but you can do 1-54 for free in Crescent Reach):

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g111&menustr=040110000000

New school guide for all tradeskills:

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?33385-Complete-Tradeskill-Guide-6-1-(Serverwide-Drop-Edition)-Rev-Apr-2009

I've done this a couple times recently for the Dorina's Love tasks on the Hero's Journey. The cheapest route is Crescent Reach quest --> woven mandake --> picnic baskets --> handmade backpacks --> Wu's armor. The picnic baskets require a little low level smithing. The backpacks require HQ bear skins, which you can farm or buy. You won't need a lot of either the smithed component or the bear skins. These are both short stages in the journey.

Wu's requires a lot of spider silk, but you can usually buy it en masse in the Bazaar, or you can just run over to East Karana and bang on crag spiders. You will need an enchanter alt to make a bunch of vials of viscous mana, and you will need to make a ridiculous quantity of heady kiolas using brewing. However, my goal was to get to a skill of about 125, and this route was a lot faster and cheaper than trying to find a bunch of animal pelts.
  6. Ataal Journeyman

It's been so long since I've done 1-100(at 280 now) in tailoring. One good way is to do the trophy quests: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=47242

There may be easier paths, but if you want to have an in-game guide and don't want to have to keep switching between the game and some site.... Plus, it gives you a goal to work towards.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

8. Deckerd Smeckerd Augur

You can go to cresent reach. Fo a /find for the tailioring people. There is one there that is for tradeskill quests. Hail him. He'll give you some items you can combine in the loom that will get you to 54. It takes about 5 minutes.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

As was mentioned elsewhere, you're better off doing the ones in Abysmal Sea, those you get the 54 skill & the ability to convert the GoD TS items.