Help with Heart of Fear: Threshold collection...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'm working on this collection: No Body Left Behind http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=7197

The only comment I can find anywhere is on that page, says in the center hall and halls ways near the center, and then to the northeast. I've now covered most of the zone, and found 4 spawns, and nothing now that I collected those. Any hints as to where to find the collection spawns in here?

Also, the kill collection in here (Kill them before they grow) has a horrible drop rate :(

Thanks,
    Tat
  2. Annastasya Augur

i would say in the zone - Heart of Fear, most of the shinies spawn let's say, within the first 500 feet of the zone in, in all of the four directions/ramps into the open areas. i rarely have found shinies in this zone in the outer arms of the maze-like area.

In Rebirth there are a dozen or more shiny spawns mostly down one "wing". it's been a little while, and i'm looking at the map- my first guess would be the wing to the southwest or West-southwest. Check all the nooks and crannies- in crystal clusters, in cracks in the ground, on little ledges beside ramps. etc.

As for the Epicenter, they seemed pretty sparse, down the SW or NW wing and around the halls of the big middle circular area. Good luck. I have all of the collections from this zone except one- Dark Plasma. Please sell that to my trader if you get extra :) - emarr.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks for the reply. So, for Threshold, are there only a handful of spawn points, as opposed to most other zones, which usually seem to have 10-20 spawns up at a time?
  4. Annastasya Augur

it's really hard to say, Tat. Threshold shinies was definitely the hardest of the three zones. i imagine there are spawn points here and there out in the greater maze area of the zone, but after combing the zone many times, doing hunter there and quests, i remember mostly finding them near the ramps from the zone in, and nearby areas.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And just like the fickle RNG always is, went back in tonight, and found everything pretty quickly. Spawns were all near the center, as you said. My best guess is, with all the stalagmites in there, I just had the wrong angles to see them before (I did circle around the opposite way tonight, LOL).
  6. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Below is info on the collect HoF sets. This is based on having completed the entire RoF collection set numerous times across multiple toons and my trusty spreadsheet that I use for notes, tracking, etc.

No Body Left Behind - Ground spawns in Threshhold and are predominately in/around the zone in.
    Hidden Faces - Ground spawns in Epicenter predominately in the Northwest tunnels and zone out
    Whuzzle's Worst Nightmare - Ground spawns in Rebirth predominately in the Southwest tunnels and zone out.
    Kill Them Before They Grow - Dropped by newly formed mobs in any of the three HoF zones.

Due tp the highest concentration of gestation crystals, your best bet for farming the newly formed mobs is in Epicenter in the Northwest tunnel while simultaneously camping the ground spawns for Hidden Faces. Either that or in the middle area.

Hope this helps..
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks for the tips.

There's really no problem finding plenty of crystals. My problem has been the drops. I'm now up to over 30 "newly formed" mobs killed, and I've seen a grand total of >1< collectible dropped. Does that sound right to you, or am I just having an epic RNG meltdown?
  8. Vinjin Lorekeeper

As you know, the RNG can be cruel at times. Awhile back, I was checking Xorbb twice a day for several weeks looking for Goblin Diary, Page 3 in the Unrestrained Science set and continuously came up empty. Several weeks!

A few days ago, I found four...FOUR...in 45 minutes.

This is why I gravitated towards the areas with the highest count of gestation crystals. If the drop rate is poor, your best bet is to try to offset that by maximizing your kill rate.

That's all you can do vs the RNG.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Good advice, thanks!

I did finish the Epicenter forage collection, so now I'm just hanging out in the center area, I can kill a bunch of crystals just in time for the respawns, and don't have to kill anything else.
    Vinjin likes this.