Help with finding groups

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by orionfox, Feb 6, 2019.

1. orionfox Lorekeeper

Is there a way for a new player to get into groups easier? I came back and tried both Agnarr and Cornaiv but I had trouble finding groups.

Back in the day I had the same problem until I found a guild and a few good people to run with.

Just looking for basic things that might help me get into a group if no one is familiar with my character.
  2. Khalifa Kush Lorekeeper

You're more than welcome to join my group of buddies when we hit the "Ultra-Casual" server when it releases in March.

We're pretty casual players though, but lets friend up and look for each other in game. We play EST.
  3. Sethiroth Augur

If you want groups, you’re better off waiting for the release of the new TLPs in march. There will be plenty of people levelling and grouping there. Of course that gives you a month to kill. Maybe play on live and get a tank merc to go molo (merc solo) to get you by till then. It will at least give you some idea of class skills and such while you wait.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Use /lfg on and stick to the most populated newbie zones (assuming you're like level 1-5). Greater Faydark is generally a good choice for newbie leveling. If you're level 10+ try Unrest or Paludal. There's not a huge active population of low level folks on any server because well, if they're low level and active then they won't be low level for long. But there's definitely people out there leveling alts. Be proactive in asking anyone you see around your level to group or duo. You're unlikely to find a pre-made group of 5 appropriate level people just waiting for you to be their 6th no matter what server/zone you're in. Can also /join newplayers and /join general to advertise yourself as lfg, or see if anyone else is looking for more.
  5. Silver-Crow Augur

Generally speaking lfg doesn't work too well.
    It's much more effective to be proactive advertise that you're 'starting a group' for zone x or camp y, and to send some tells out to people that may be on the lfg list or newplayers channel.

Once you have one or 2 people the rest of the group tends to fill up very quickly.

Of course the new TLP's in march will be buzzing for a while and groups are easy to find in the first 3 -9 months, so you may want to switch servers at that point to enjoy the server rush.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If your on regular servers then look at going thru the tutorial - there are always people in there and sometimes you make friends and continue grouping to Cresent Reach. I usually see 4-6 people in the tutorial at any given time. Have not seen any lower level folks in Paludal or Unrest - maybe that's mostly for TLP.

Also on live servers there are many many free players who do not have access to general chat. Don't forget to ask in newplayers chat too.
  7. Fluid Augur

Only thing that sorta works at lower levels is starting the group yourself. Just do a search for players on the server your level & find out where they are. Just being in a zone and looking lonely seldom works. :)