Help with dealing with ROS+ named DOTS/DD

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobokatt07, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

Hey folks. So I finally made it past 105. I am actually 108 now on my Necro. I have always pulled for my group. Been doing this for evahhh. In the past I have been able to work around named in say... EOK and below with on initial pull to camp. Whatever they cast on me on tag, I've managed.
    So now with ROS and TBL, some of the named when I tag them with a non damaging spell, some instantly cast 1 or 2 DOTS on me or DD that 2/3 times will kill me before I even make it to camp. What am I doing wrong?

I have always had "puller" set for mercs so those dummies don't follow me and most importantly do not start casting and get agro and die. Should I change that? We normally have a mage, chanter, druid and now an SK but he is a baby so he gets owned.

I had all tier 2 EOK full armour and best augs from that expansion. I have since then got a full set of Scaled Touched from ROS. I have all the Conf augs. I have all the AA's up to ROS except a few non essential ones.

Let me give you an example. In Overthere, Saber the named Rhino -- I am now 50% with him on pulls. I have tried tagging him and hitting invuln AA.. I have tried hitting my AA carpace.. NADA> He always works through that. I am sitting at around 183K buffed. I will get our chanter to cast every possible RUNE on me along with whatever I can cast on myself. but when he casts an unresistable 123K dot for 4 ticks along with a 135K DD and another 75K DD... it's touch and go to make it back to camp and my own AA cure does nothing or at least it has not helped me.

is it the end of cloth classes pulling till we get the SK up? Any suggestions? constructive or otherwise.
  2. svann Augur

I dont play a nec, but do you have any disposable pet that you could order to attack so the pet gets the dot and you get some distance?
  3. Petalonyx Augur

I recommend pulling your party to the mob rather than the other way around. Just give a little thought to the spot.

Also, seems you could put mage coth to use, either to chunk the pull into multiple short pulls, or to get ur party to the mob instead.

Pulling in ROS definitely has its challenges.
  4. Mazame Augur

If you are going to be pulling make sure your using your defense spells and geo click.
    With what you listed the Enchanter would be your best puller as it has a lot of rune spells and other tricks to pull with. If the nerco wants tobe the puller use the following spells to help you make it back to camp.

Shield of Order Rk. II NEC/107 WIZ/107 MAG/107 ENC/107 1: Spell Threshold Guard (60)
    2: Melee Threshold Guard (75)

Cascading Deathshield Rk. II NEC/107
    2: Increase Absorb Damage by 29030
    4: Trigger Effect: Azia Deathshield II on Fade

Ashen Skin Rk. II NEC/108 1: Increase Absorb Damage by 46133
    6: Increase Mana by 18 per tick

The other trick like what was posted above use a temp pet to pull with. the spells will be cast on the temp pet and give you time to get back to camp before it come after you.