help with Damage shields needed

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Syreene, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Syreene New Member

hello folks I was wondering if anyone know how the damage shields work? I am level 89 Druid and my 2 best damage shields only stay on about 6-8 hits then drop. Spell list says should stay on about 24 secs to 1 min. Is this fast drop intentional??
    I am talking Thornspur RK2 and Surge of Ironvines RK2 both only last about 6 hits or so but they do stack
    Bonebriar Bukvark stays on for intended timer . Any input will be so helpful. Any of you maxed out Druids know if it gets any better

Thank you in advance for any input
  2. Szilent Augur

Those extremely powerful ones are hit-limited. They're basically alternates to combat damage spells, not a buff-buff. You have nukes to cast in combat. You have dots. And you have these. You can't crit them, which makes them mostly worse than nukes/dots, but they're nearly no agro since they're "just a buff", and completely unresistable since you don't even target the enemy
    Tucoh and DaciksBB like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Just to add what Szilent says, if I'm try-harding and have room on my spellbar (for whatever reason)... I'll precast these hit-limited spells (Ex: Duskthorn) before a pull. It's generally not worth the effort / spellslot / switching and frankly I wouldn't mind seeing the spell lines get deleted.
  4. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Those lines are great for power leveling at higher levels. Otherwise as a Druid you have way too many spells that are useful to waste a gem on them.
    Wulfhere likes this.