Help with 3 Charms

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Yukaan the Bear, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Yukaan the Bear Journeyman

Can someone shed some light on why the locket of luclin is not the obvious choice here? The only thing I can think is that AC becomes useless for clerics after so much. It seems obvious that picking up 110 ac dwarves any 300 hp, or +4 HSTA. (ignore the luck, those are stock images) Not to mention its the easiest to max out, collect 8 pieces of armor versus killing all named and doing all quests and missions.

Thanks in advance

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Tucoh Augur

There are a number of items where the AC is much higher and afaik every class from wizard to warrior prefers it.
    Skuz and minimind like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Everyone picks the one with higher AC, regardless of class. Your screenshots just highlight the fact that coding three different charms (at each tier) is a complete waste of time.
  4. Alnitak Augur

Yeah, it's good to be the king ! (c)
    Here is my situation: plenty of lvl 120 alts, which all have done ToL progression and all have Waning armor sets.
    And a few primary characters, which attend open raids on Bristlebane server (co-hosted by RoV and FWO guilds, with random rolls on the loot). So, my raiding bestlord has mostly CoV raid armor and just a couple of ToL raid items so far. And after so many weeks of raiding I got enough coins to buy a charm of the raid merchant (hence - freedom of choice of the charm). What would be my options: Talisman or Locket ?
    Well, Locket would be severly modified down by the fact that most of the armor I wear are CoV raid armor and it will take me several months to deck myself into ToL raid armor. And ToL group armor is much inferior to CoV raid armor I wear, so I am definitely not gonna use group ToL armor.
    On another hand - Talisman will be at full strength because the ToL progression is done and done again and again.
    For me, the obvious choice will be Talisman.
    And for my alts - basically same story, if any of them comes to a raid for coins or lucky roll. Because they've got a better chance of rolling and winning occasional CoV raid armor (open raids still raid CoV at times for an extra chest win from Zlandicar etc.). And if they do, I'll go for it regardless of the charm, so even the alts better get Talisman and not Locket.

However, objectively - Locket is definitely better if someone already got ToL raid armor.
    And when I get the full set of ToL+ raid armor I will go for Locket. Not realistically, though, considering my raiding schedule and raid chest drop rates.
  5. Yukaan the Bear Journeyman

6. smash Augur

It is not just the charm that got such problem, but more or less all non visible items.

With charm you can see that all the herioc stats are close to the same, and so are the 3rd stats are too, like spell damage, like spell/heal

so choose ac are so easily, when there are no disadvantages.

If not choose ac for priests/, they should increase some healing for priest by much, add mana regen to it,
    If not choose ac for caster/, they should increase some spell dam for caster by much, add mana regen to it,
  7. Anjanax Journeyman

As a priest/caster you only have 2 choices. Armor charm or progression charm. The hunter charm is more or less min/maxing for melee classes as they benefit from the extra 3/4 HDex/HStr. And as Altnak wrote, if you aren't in a high end raid guild, you will find yourself in a mix of CoV/CoV-Ore/ToL/Tol-Ore raidgear and therefore the only real choice is the progression charm to get it max stats from it.
  8. Annastasya Augur

As a single-primary account Cleric, i finished progression in the latest expansion far sooner than i will finish hunter (still not done, but getting there) and far sooner than i completed my set of raid armor (skipping the tier1 armor for raids and ignoring the group armor all together) which happened this summer, i opted for the Talisman early on.

My reasoning for this was to have a maxed charm during the more difficult phase of the expansion, where my guild was still trying to win the raids.

All other things being fairly equal i choose the XXX of security for my non-visible slots in many cases, because as pointed out, the minor differences in the *important* stats in the tradeskill-made raid gear is insufficient to justify dropping 100ish AC, and sometimes the Security item is also the item with the highest heroic wisdom or raw mana for instance, which is frankly, poor itemization.

These days, the stats that make a difference between items i choose are Mana, mana regen, heal, heroic wisdom, heroic stamina, hitpoints and armor class.