Help Us Make Our Games Better!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Questoften32 Augur

I dont know if this is a bug or a long standing issue, but on the bst epic there is conflicting information.

You see, doing the vashirs quest no longer rewards a medal, so you have to kill for it, but the mission is thought by many to reward a medal and this has created a lot of confusion for long and long.

Its comparatively speaking not that hard to get one, but its a bit of a confusion and misleading in a way since it may be broken.The mission not rewarding a medal I mean.

I only mention it because the 1.0 is sort of a big deal...at least in principle.
  2. Hayzeus Augur

As stated by other players, I'm more than willing to add a suggestion to that site. It's always nice when you guys find new ways to ignore our suggestions.

BTW: my suggestion will be to increase the yard limit on player/guild housing plots and to bring back the housing/tradeskill forum.
  3. Scila Augur

So here's my 2cp worth ... there are currently multiple ways to /bug or report problems with the game already ... does /bug ingame not work or is that going somewhere not accessable by Daybreak? That has a loc selection, options for dup, crash, etc and free text along with a drop down menu of what the player was attempting to do. That's what I have been using. Its faster and easier than logging into another program to do the same thing imo. There are also forums that others can chime in with similar thoughts without going to a separate database or forum. While I applaud the thought behind the idea ... I don't see a need for yet something else rather than taking advantage of options already available.
    Nniki, Fenudir and Geroblue like this.
  4. Davidmaic New Member

Das größte Problem ist Soe selbst bzw. die Verantwortlichen wie Verantwortliche der Ahnunslosigkeit hätte man auf Tausende Gamer gehört damals als man sich entschloss Kael Drakkal zu schließen und alle Fans sich wünschten die everquest entwicklung zu beschleunigen

und eq2 und den folge -rap EQ next usw. auf zu geben brauchte man heute nicht nach Verbesserungen fragen Heute ist es so das viele treue eq-Spieler 2 Accounts haben um sich selbst zu helfen da das Spiel zu sehr umgestaltet wurde auf Gruppenzwang Zwar hat man Helfer eingebaut die aber im Gegensatz zum wow PET fast vom Windzug umfallen Stärkere kosten dann im 15 Minuten Takt jede menge Platin was für neue Spieler kaum zu bewältigen ist oder man wird gezwungen echtgeld für Konus aus zu geben Auch hat man je Account ein freie Level 85 Schar eingefügt der aber im folge Raddon schon an die grenze seiner HP scheitert geschweige vom Söldner der entweder die ganze Zone auskundschaftet oder wenn er dann endlich bei dir ist du tot bist und er gleich mit umfällt da dieser Level 85 Schar fast nix an stats hat und ca. 15000 Aa fehlen diesen Aa misst hätte man schon vor Jahren entfernen müssen. keiner von uns Spielern gönnt sie das dicht gemacht wird Der Punkt ist Hätte soe auf Aktive Spieler gehört wie es damals Blizzard getan hat und heute noch macht wären sie nie in diese Lage gekommen Also:Söldner bezahlung ,Gruppenzwang,SCash wegfixen dafürAnnehmbares Jahresabo das spricht sich rund und schon wird es besser
    Garshok likes this.
  5. DarkTexasQA Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

Hello everyone,

first of all I want to tell you who Iam at all. My name is DarkTexas, and I'm a volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant for Planetside 2 and H1z1 and one of the "creators" of the PIT (Public Issue Tracker/Daybreak Community Issue Tracker). For explaining who we are and what we are doing on the PIT:
    Why did you do this?
    A: We started this as a way to consolidate 'Common Knowledge' bugs that the community would gripe about patch after patch, yet never get fixed. after coming up with a list using a reddit, and quickly realizing that this was wildly inadequate, Jhett12321 set up the Planetside issue tracker. Turned out a good 30% of the bugs on the original list had never been reported to SOE, even though the community knew how to reproduce them.

OMG! WTF? WHY DID YOU CLOSE MY ISSUE!?
    A: Issues can be closed for a variety of reasons. They can be closed because the issue cannot be reproduced, because SOE has resolved the issue, or because we have been told that the programmers cannot, or will not fix a particular issue (for either technical reasons, design reasons, or that the issue would be too much work for not enough benefit). An issue will NEVER be closed based on a moderator's personal feelings about it.
    Do's and Dont's @ the PIT

DO:

• Use the search function to see if your issue has been reported. Duplicate issues simply scatter potentially useful information around
    • Use the vote function to vote on issues that are important to you. the PS2 team uses this information to help prioritize bug fixes. I would bet the EverQuest team will do so as well.
    • Try several different spellings and wording when searching for labels and bugs. The fewer duplicates we have, the easier it is for SOE QA to pull a lists of all of the infiltrator bugs, or weapon bugs, environment bugs etc, and hand it to the appropriate developer.
    DON'T:

• DO NOT act like this is the forum or reddit. If you disagree with a feature, please limit your comment to the matter at hand. Calling someone a pleb, noob, scrub, or any sort of insult or personal attack will result in removal of your message, and possible termination of your JIRA account. Likewise, this is not the place to threaten to cancel your subscription if Feature X or Bug Y is not fixed/implemented immediately.
    • DO NOT Lump multiple issues together. 5 separate issues regarding blackberries is preferable to a list of blackberry bugs. The issue moderators can link them together after the fact. You can also make fast links in the comments by typing HZ-[issue number] and the moderators will thank you for it.
    The Anatomy of a Good Bug Report

So with that out of the way, this is how you can help us:
    The fact of the matter is that a good bug report is worth its weight in gold, and a bad one is about as useful as used toilet paper; Here's how to make a good one.
    When you first create your issue, double check that you have the right project selected, and that you are reporting the right thing. Issue mods can easily change an issue type, moving an issue from project to project is not nearly as easy.
    Summary:

This is a clear, descriptive title. Be as clear as possible here, since this is one of the primary ways that we can determine if bugs may or may not be linked (which in turn can point to a larger underlying problem allowing many bugs to be fixed at once, Huzzah!)
    Good Titles:
    • Crouched reload animation on the AR 15 causes the arm to clip through the player model
    • Opening any container causes nearby trees to explode
    • Combat knife model held in an incorrect position
    • unable to shred Orange tshirt
    Bad Titles:
    • Sign changes
    • Door off hinges
    • Gun Bug
    • Can't use item
    • SOE fix your
    Security Level:

Use this to report bugs that might be usable by other players to exploit game mechanics.
    Items that might need this are bugs allowing item duplication, infinite ammo, infinite health, invisibility, etc. For the love of Clegg, don't use the security level setting for things like low spawn rates, or a door that is not hinged properly.
    Priority:

PRIORITY ONLY INDICATES THE SEVERITY OF THE BUG. It does NOT indicate how fast the bug will be fixed. In general we use the following rubric to determine bug priority:
    • Blocker: This outright breaks the game. Either the class/vehicle/item is literally unusable, or the bug impairs functionality so much that it might as well not work at all.
    • Major This severely impacts the functionality of the class/vehicle/item, confers a major advantage to the player/enemy, or threatens player progress.
    • Moderate This bug can result in player death, or will confer an appreciable advantage to the player/enemy. A workaround may be present for an otherwise major bug.
    • Minor This bug gets in the way, or keeps me from going where I would like, but wont get a player killed. An easy workaround is present for an otherwise major bug
    • Trivial Cosmetic/Quality of Life issue that does not impact on functionality.
    Sorry guys, but your T shirt not looking badass enough isn't a major bug.
    Components:

This is a pick list of what part of the game is affected by the issue you are reporting. Feel free to use more than one, if you feel that would help describe the issue better
    Affects version:

Select the version where you first noticed the bug. If you just noticed the bug, and you aren't 100% when it was introduced, just select the latest one.
    Environment:

This refers to your computing environment. not everyone has the same computer, and crash bugs often don't affect 100% of the gaming environment. DO NOT put your entire DXDIAG here. Feel free to skip this for issues that are obviously not going to be related to your specific computing environment, like misaligned walls, etc.
    Description:

What it says on the tin. use this to describe the issue. feel free to add any additional information that might make it clear what the issue is and why you feel it is an issue.
    IF YOU ARE REPORTING BROKEN IN GAME LOCATION: Look at the problem area, open up the chat and type/loc (as in location) Copy and paste the entire string that the game spits out here. The developers can use this command to warp right to the problem area, and fix it.
    also if you have a youtube or twitch video of the bug, please link it here. Also, do us a favor and cue it up. We don't have time to watch 2 hours of play to try to find the bug.
    Reproduction steps:

This is the heart of the report, and really what helps the developers the most. To Quote PS2 QA Rowens: "You should write a bug report so that even the dumbest person in the world can reproduce it."
    At this point you might go "Why?" Well, some of us might not know a key piece of information necessary to reproduce. The people (both SOE and volunteer) working on EverQuest play the game, so they have some game knowledge, but assumptions can make the difference between a successful reproduction and nothing happening. When it doubt, spell EVERYTHING out.
    Also remember that if a bug only appears in high lag situations (i.e. only appears with ping greater than X) this is the place to include such information
    Results:

After following your repro steps, what should we see happen? Again, be clear and concise.
    Repeatability:

Should be pretty straight forward. How often does this happen. You don't need to crunch the numbers, but do give us your best, honest estimate.
    Attachments:

A picture is worth 1000 words. Screenshots, shadow play videos, and other files go here. Be advised that there is a 10MB size limit, so smaller videos are better. (1/2 frame recording and good quality compression codecs help, but that is outside the scope of this post)
    Labels:

Many of the labels here you will notice are specific to Planetside. We didn't know we were going to be here when we started this project back in August, sorry.
    Use as many as you need to describe your issue, as they help make searching easier. Remember to capitalize as Class_Tools, Class_tools, class_tools, and class_Tools, are all separate, different tags as far as JIRA is concerned. We are caparalizing every word. The underscore (_) can be used to add a space to a tag, should you wish to add one.

written down by Wobberjokey

Thanks for reading and happy reporting.
    Saroc_Luclin, Rhaage, Nniki and 2 others like this.
  6. Scila Augur

Thanks for the explanation ... as a gamer that already has a Ft geek job and games to escape ... playing tech support off hours voluntarily takes the enjoyment out of the game. The /bug ingame or forums is more efficient for my time. I'm not in the market for a job and I'm not seeing Daybreak hiring to use the tools in existence for like purpose. The data is available ... fixes are prioritized by urgency and manpower as with any company.
  7. Zarakii Augur

Bull so you not only ignore the community for YEARS but now ask us to do your jobs? there is a reason the best mmo of all time is where its at right now and its this bogus crap fix classes that are obviously broken that the community has been telling you about for a long time now dont ask the community you ignore to do anything to help you guys over the last 2 months i have gotten more enjoyment out of uno on facebook.. time to cut the crap and get down to business i wont be returning until you guys actually fix things
  8. DarkTexasQA Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

Actually you should calm down, the way you're talking is not nice.
    2nd: The PIT Team (PIT mods) are volunteer, so why do YOU have a problem with players are supporting the QA team? Also I can tell you the QAs were never ignoring anyone.
  9. Zarakii Augur

nothing against you darktexas but the devs in charge of everquest have heard the community loud and clear for years and for the most part they just run with ideas they think will improve the game and im done putting up with it as most who have left or are leaving in the near future if its a ploy to get people to leave games like everquest for something newer thats not going to work after treating the community like crap for this long
  10. Boanerges New Member

No, they don't hear us clearly. There's a couple of dozen devs and thousands of EQ players. I've actually been to their HQ and met with Devs and mentioned things I would have thought would have been obvious for a long time turn heads in surprise. When I went, I mentioned that invis potions weren't stackable in an off-the-cuff discussion I had 3 devs note that and next patch they were stackable. Mind you, that multiple hundreds had talked about that on official and unofficial boards for a long time.

I applaud the efforts here, even as I question how effective they will be (which is not a commentary on PIT).
  11. Kellaer Augur

Feel free to reroll a new post to reply to.
    Melanippe likes this.
  12. Sakuraba Augur

SoE/DBG ignores peeps for about 10~14 years (This account is newer b/c my family used to share one account lol), expects a new site to fix that, and keeps insisting that we need to send more feedback? >.> I think Jethal needs to come out of retirement and do a new parody song.
  13. Numiko Augur

This is how second life has done it's bug tracking since 2003.. they even call it JIRA as well.

Works pretty good over there, though sometimes things can get burried its certainly more open and public then /bug.
  14. Uxtalzon Augur

I'm trying to type out a response and the forum font family and size keeps altering while I type. Discussing issues while having one that hasn't been fixed, great start.

Pretty much 90% of the EQ can be given that excuse to disregard fixing anything.

H1Z1 is newer than a baby's buttcheek. Any issue is a "new" issue. This is EverQuest. I could easily list well over a hundred issues in the classic EQ era alone and I know it would be a waste of time based on the quote above.

How is it going to be any different? I want to post the issues and I want to help, but I don't want it to be the same old, same old.

The sad irony of trying to make and edit a post here while discussing issues to make the game better. I can't even fix my own damn post.
  15. Iila Augur

That gets really annoying when pasting in a bunch of text from outside sources. For some reason these forums preserve formatting with pastes, unlike everything else on the internet.

The little eraser on the upper left says it removes formatting, but that's a dirty lie. It removes some formatting, sometimes. And lets formatting pop back up randomly.
    The way to actually strip out formatting is to hit the aA button on the upper right to go into bb code editing mode and strip out all the formatting code yourself.
  16. tysonwritesel Journeyman

It is not the responsibility of the players to tell you what is wrong with your game. Holly must really have no idea what she is doing and I have no confidence in her. We are NOT the DM, you are.
  17. Nniki Augur

18. Melanippe Augur

1: This isn't Planetside 2
    2: This is most definitely NOT H1Z1.
    3: Do you or any of your volunteers play EverQuest?
    4: It hasn't been SoE since early February, by the way.
    5. If Daybreak is actually relying on volunteers to "sort and prioritize" bug reports in their games, the games are in real trouble.

Thank you for your time but NO Thank you.
    Scila likes this.
  19. Diptera Augur

/agree - not sure why anybody would think this was necessary - /bug logging has long been in the game, as has /feedback, and yet, even using the tools that are part of the game, we see devs professing ignorance about issues that I know for a fact have been /bugged to them. I fail to see how a third-party site will fare any better.
    It is also a standard to see obvious and serious bugs pushed out from Test to Live, despite the players on Test from reporting them well in advance.

You already have players testing the product for you, you have guides performing minor GM functions and events, you now want customers to manage the bug tracker for you?

Some of us are coders, want to pass that over to us as well?
    Melanippe and Scila like this.
  20. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Well, after the weekend, there's a growing base of issues and reports. As expected, there is some "noise" as well as a few issues that already need moderation to close/resolve. Installment of a few moderators, as well as daybreak review and tagging of a few issue threads this week would be the first step towards building faith that this system will be utilized effectively. Many of us want to believe this will be worth our time, so hopefully we will see some action in this area in the next few days.