Help request: Not seeing wear off messages on pets

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tearsin Rain, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Tearsin Rain Augur

this is a minor issues, but an annoying one, and i've had it since like UF.

okay, overview of the problem:
    1. i do not see wear off messages for buffs/debuffs on pets on any toon on my account.
    2. i do see wear off messages for buffs/debuffs on other players.
    3. i have poured over options > filters, and the right-click filters with a fine tooth comb.
    i have tried turning every filter on and putting every single filter into one window, i've tried copying the exact setup of somebody who does see pet wear off messages, etc.
    4. i've been playing quite a while and am pretty savvy about the game, and i've put enough time into trying to figure this out i'm fairly certain it's nothing obvious in terms of the options > filters, or the right-click filter menus off of chat windows.

is there a / command to disable pet wear off messages, that i maybe typed years ago and then forgot existed?
    or is there some ini setting for disabling just pet worn off messages?

anyways, this is starting to annoy the beejeezus out of me since it means i can't set an AT to go off when pet buffs wear off. so if anyone comes up with the answer to this, you'll be my hero.
  2. Drakophine New Member

All of those settings are in eqclient.ini. So you have 2 choices. Delete it and allow the game to recreate it with defaults or edit the file manually.

I think you are looking for PetSpells, BardSongOnPet. =1 means on, =0 means off.