help me get the feel of my Rogue

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ghilran, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Ghilran Lorekeeper

So I posted just about everywhere in my quest to understand the game as an heroic rogue. I finally leveled to lvl 90 with boxes and mercs, and I'd like to make sure im not missing something obvious.

So I was, at first, completely overwhelmed by the new abilities. It's completely impossible to imagine having them ready during combat, even when I factored in the shared timers and those that were part of the same line. But I dutifully tried to put them all in my ui, and on I went.

A few level later I don't know what to think. I have a lot of damage based 'cool downs' that are on too long a recast to be part of a rotation. Aa and disc could be cast together for a kind of burn effect, but i did not find it very useful yet. Named have a ton of hp (the only one I could kill so far has, anyway) and I prefer to go through each of these abilities in turn.

The sneak attack line is nice but amounts to probably no significant DPS, and the 'assault' line, which I think was added to have something to do when sneak attack isn't an option, has a laughable damage vs recast. There s a dot thing too, which doesn't amount to much either.

A lot of rogue ish stuns/ and mezzes which are extremely situationals (if cool) and that I was unable to use yet.

So far the only useful stuff I found is the memblur trap, very cool for pulling and with a usable recast.
    The misdirection line is extremely potent but I kinda suspect real tanks don't need it. The snare/blind is super cool as well, but with no mobs fleeing (so far) I did not find it useful.

So it feels like the rogue was thought of as the solo adventurer, that can get to tricky places and get away from dangerous situation. It's super cool and it's what I wanted when I rolled a rogue 20 years ago, but is a gameplay that hasn't existed in the game since the 1.0 epic. Seems that combat is more or less just autoattack/autobackstab and there's not much else to it.

So am I missing something?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore