Help, I screwed something up and can't log in a second account.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Elyssanda, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Pretty sure I screwed something up by paying for Avast. I haven't been able to log Kata's account on since (2 days), and I'm afraid to log Ely's account off to do a restart because I may not be able to get it back on.

I am not a guru..
    The launcher will start, I can hit the play button, and then it bogs down and I never make it to server select. if I bypass the launcher, I get the black screen and it never gets to server select.
    Today, I clicked play, it went to the black screen, and I left it.. for 2 hours, it never made it to server select.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You could try:

Turning off Avast for testing purposes only and see if that is blocking it. Since it appears to have happened around the same time then it is highly likely. If it is Avast then you should be able to allow EQ thru

This helped someone else
    Got it fixed had to go click the icon for eq, go to Properties then compatibility then check disable full screen optimizations hit apply then run as administrator the first time you log in.

Let us know if either of those worked
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

uninstalling all avast crap now.. hope it works
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I completely deleted all Avast files, which seems to have fixed everything.
    Both accounts are now able to log on. which means, Ely can mule for Kata to work on research.. le sigh.
    Metanis and CatsPaws like this.