Help. How to change bazaar setting to 1M+

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CaptAmazing, Jan 14, 2013.

1. CaptAmazing Augur

Please, could use step by step instructions.
  2. Trajet D'Or Augur

1. Change price to something easy to spot like 555555pp
    2. Camp out completely
    3. Open EQ file directory
    4. Sort by last changed date for the files and near the top will be something like charname_BZR.txt
    5. Find the 555555000 (3 zeros for gold, silver and copper)
    6. Change it to 2100000000 (2.1mil pp) or lower
    You can go slightly higher than 2.1mil, can play around with it if you really want to set it 50k higher or so.
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  3. Diptera Augur

Looks like the limit is a signed 32-bit number, which would give a max value of:

or 2,147,483 plat, 5 gold, 4 silver and 7 copper
  4. Abazzagorath Augur

Careful, the actual limit may be a tiny bit smaller as usually they reserve a few characters for various tags, you wouldn't want it to do something crazy like reset the value to like 2 gold if it went 2 over with any reserved numbers (I do not know if this is the case, but just pointing it out, I'd test with some cheap item first).
  5. Dre. Altoholic

What are you selling for a million plat anyway? I wouldn't risk overflow on items like that.
  6. AnywennFV New Member

He must play on FV. ;)
  7. CaptAmazing Augur

8. Brogett Augur

Be warned about stacks of items too. The entire stack musn't go too high or that causes problems.

If I recall someone found this out the hard way where a stack of expensive items wrapped around and the transaction went in the wrong direction! (It was fixed).
  9. Blacksun Elder

Time for a new coin that's worth 10pp. Make a titanium coin? Whatever it's called, it shouldn't start with "c", "s", "g", or "p" to avoid confusion with other currency.
  10. Dre. Altoholic

One decimal point isn't a meaningful jump when items are going for 7 figures.

A new coin worth 1000 plat that starts with 'K' :)
  11. Talif Augur

That was one thing they got right over in EQ2, base 100 on the currency. It would be nice to see another coin, but my guess is it that it is one of those things buried deep enough in the spaghetti code than changing it would be a massive project that doesn't really fit the time/reward matrix.
  12. Nolrog Augur

Velium.
  13. Blacksun Elder

That makes sense. And then based on the enchanter line of "enchant" spells, we could also include:

velium = 10p
    mithril = 100p
    adamantite = 1000p
    brellium = 10,000p
    dwerium = 100,000p
    feymetal = 1,000,000p

I can see it now... WTS Mask of Tinkering 4fp