Help deciding a main.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Redwud, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Redwud New Member

I can't decide whether I want to be a necro or a beastlord. I like both classes fairly equally, though if you put a gun to my head I'd say that I like the necro a little bit more. Since i'm still fairly new(necro is 87 and bst is 73) i've really only been soloing for now, but i'd like to do group things later on and possibly check out raiding.

I unfortunately can't box so I can't really have both so I need to decide. Anyone have an opinion that can maybe help me decide?
  2. Iven the Lunatic

BST is better for groups because of buffs and slow. For raids it does not really matter as SHM has stronger spells than BST but I would say that BST is more usefull for raids than a necro because of its melee abilities while both BST and NEC can get problems to get their dots stacked if there are other players with these classes. Necros can function as a mana pump for healers and casters but its not very efficient.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

They are completely different but somehow almost the same.

They both have powerful pets.
    They both can FD.
    Both can DoT and Nuke.
    Neither can really tank.
    One slows and the other snares.
    One gives mana and the other gives mana

It's a question you have to answer for yourself.
  4. Eggolas Augur

Necromancers are evil. Beastlords are nice kitties. Simple choice.
  5. Diptera Augur

Necros are the supreme masters of death, with abilities that transcend this fragile existence you call "life".
    BSTs provide corpses for Necros to use Wake The Dead on.

Simple choice ;)
    Yinla likes this.
  6. MarttinPH Augur

I believe both beastlords and Val Shir are both neutral.
    Eggolas likes this.
  7. Laronk Augur

Play what ever you find the most fun is my suggestion.
    Eggolas likes this.
  8. Eggolas Augur

Clearly, not a cat lover.
  9. Belkar_OotS Augur

If you want to be desired in groups and raids I would pick beastlord hands down. Mobs don't have the hp to really help necro shine in a group setting and necros have a max limit in raids due to the debuff slot limits. Most raid guilds already hit max debuffs with only 2 necro.

Necros are a less twitchh/spam oriented playstyle.

Beastlord with their support buffs (dicho, fero, paragon) and their heals and cures on top of respectable dps makes them an easy sell for a group. Good beasts are serious busy bodies though.