Help Canceling Subscription

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NameAlreadyInUse, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

When I go to the website and click on Account Membership, I do not get an option to unsubscribe. Is this still the correct place to Unsubscribe, or has it moved?

I want to cancel my subscription because of all the bans. I haven't logged in since last Friday and don't even know if I am banned, but I think it is wrong of DBG to ban players without telling them why (generic "cheating" is not sufficient, without defining what cheating is FIRST), and the high number of reports from people who suspect they were banned because they have VM programs installed (but NOT being used for EQ) is just too much. I am afraid to log in to even find out if I'm banned for regular play.

I got banned in Cactusgate and I just don't want to continue this relationship with DBG. It's no longer enjoyable to fight the company that you want to love. It feels like we're all on the receiving end of an abusive relationship.

If there is no way to unsubscribe, perhaps a chargeback would be best? I only re-subscribed last week, and a chargeback would ensure that I would never be tempted to return.
  2. KnightofTruth Journeyman

If you can't even figure out how to cancel your sub, you probably should quit and never come back
    Tarvas and CatsPaws like this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Usually the unsubscribe button/link is hard to see.

What are all these bans I hear mentioned?
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

UPDATE: It looks like the issue with the website has been resolved and I was able to cancel the sub. The only option I was provided before was an "OKAY" button.

KnightofTruth, you are my inspiration! I will miss you the most.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Didn't Daybreak or Holly say they would step up enforcement (e.g. new anti-cheat code) because of all the hacking/cheating complaints? While not necessarily involving the OP in this instance, I've noticed an uptick in ban/ragequit threads (several ban threads are deleted by forum mod) and invoke, for their line of argument, the claim of innocuous or even anti-hacker (train the botter) activity. Either: (1) Daybreak's system is truly hitting innocent people (which may happen in a few cases - and, if not systemic, should allow for appeals) or (2) the system is working and the perps want the people's sympathy on the forums...
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

8. Warpeace Augur

Because your hearing "Ban" because they don't know or understand the difference between banned and suspended.

Besides Banned is way more dramatic then suspended.;)
    Funky, Benito, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Actually, whether somebody was "banned" or "suspended" is entirely irrelevant to me. The important issues to me are:
    • DBG is not communicating about this issue, other than closing threads.
    • DBG is punishing players without reasonable explanation.
    • DBG seems to be punishing innocent players.
    • DBG seems to be punishing players for owning VM software. This is absurd, as VMs are included with Windows (they aren't even 3rd-party software!) and is an everyday part of modern computing.
    • I was banned in #Cactusgate. I was banned without notice, for (allegedly) doing something that players were directly told was OK and expected to do behavior by a previous developer.
    • I am afraid to log in because DBG's rules are so vague and their actions are so unexpected.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Did you receive a permanent ban or temporary suspension?
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

12. yober Elder

Some people are definitely getting permanent bans.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

Man, those were great times.
    Warpeace, Duder and MasterMagnus like this.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I'm sorry to hear that, if they were not cheating people.

Thanks for the info. As I said I'm no authority, I don't do TLP or have any info beyond the thread I linked.
  15. Zamiam Augur

I dont play on TLP's and not sure what VM software is .. im not accusing the OP of doing anything
    this is just my opinion (not worth much)
    a 7 day suspension doesnt seem all that bad vs a being banned .. if peeps were banned (again not pointed at OP) maybe it was due to multiple infractions ?

also I'm sure DB states or stated somewhere what is and is not allowed on the TLP servers as far as 3rd party software is concerned ..

sorry to see you go

jm2c ..
  16. Sikkun Augur

The problem (if real) is people are “claiming” to have been banned for software on their machine not interacting with EQ. It would be absurd to ban everyone who runs Chrome on their machine right?

But someone would also have to prove they actually got banned for just having unrelated software.
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

One less cheater in our midst!
  18. enclee Augur

The cancel subscription option, is plain text so it's hard to notice. If, you just click the word cancel it'll give you the option.
  19. Zamiam Augur

like i said I dont know what VM software is .. I know from what was said above that it is a win10 program .. what it does i do not know..

however I wouldnt think DB would suspend/ban someone for just having the program on his computer as long as said program was not interacting with EQ is some way ..

Chrome - is web browser and does not interact with EQ in any way .. if they did suspend me for using chrome then yes I would be upset..
  20. Zanarnar Augur

VM means Virtual Machine. It allows you to run an operating system inside a software program. This allows, for example, me to run ~ 14 servers on one physical machine. (its a HP DL380G7, so its a fairly beastly machine).

Its not just a windows 10 thing, though Microsoft has their own version of VM software called Hyper-V, VMWares version is called ESXi. They are generically referred to as hypervisors.

If your curious, you can read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervisor
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.