Hello again!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Augur, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Second to this. The dialogue of the entire Thubder Gun Escape line was amazing too. I chuckled every time I had to escape the "curiously unguarded" prison, whack my jailers with a rock or convince the bixie with Stockholm syndrome it was time to escape! :). The end if the task is amusing too!

Talk with Engineer Friliim 0/1 (Bixie Warfront)

Task Window Says: You did it. Engineer Friliim is safe and enjoying a warm reception, but he looks pretty shaken up. Talk with your new friend Engineer Friliim on the bridge to see how he's doing.

If You Get This Step: Dialogue update on the western end of the bridge.

a Thunder Gun fan throws its flowers at Engineer Friliim, while shrieking wildly.
    a Thunder Gun fan grumbles, 'Thunder Gun is too perfect. How am I supposed to compete with that?'
    a Thunder Gun fan says 'I would give anything to be Thunder Gun's sidekick!'
    a Thunder Gun fan says 'Eat my candy, Thunder Gun!'
    a Thunder Gun fan says 'I heard Thunder Gun once punted a gnome across the entire battlefield!'
    a Thunder Gun fan says 'Have my babies, Thunder Gun!'
    a Thunder Gun fan compliments another fan, 'That helmet is sweet. It's very Thunder Gun.'
    a Thunder Gun fan says 'Thunder Gun, you're my hero!'

You say, 'Hail, Engineer Friliim'

Engineer Friliim waves to his fans gathered below and says softly to you, 'How did it [come to this]?

You say, 'How did it come to this?'

Engineer Friliim looks worried and says, 'Sticky Feet made it [back to the hive], but there's still no sign of my sister. Why are we not looking for her?

You say, 'Back to the hive?'

Engineer Friliim forces a smile and puts his arm around you, 'Don't get me wrong, _____. That was a damn fine prison break we pulled out there. I [owe] you my life.'

You say, 'Owe me?'

Engineer Friliim laughs at a shout from the crowd below and points to you, 'I couldn't have done this without _____, the [true hero] of the bixie army! A Bixie and _____ working side by side!'

You say, 'Me, a true hero?'

Engineer Friliim smiles at you and says, 'True hero and friend, _____.'

Engineer Friliim says 'Let me spend some time with this crowd, and then I'll meet you back at the hive for drinks. First round's on me!'

Augur - perhaps you can add a suffix, "the Thunder Gun Superfan"?! =D
  2. Kontra Augur

Welcome back Augur! Really looking forward to having you on board!
    Augur likes this.
  3. Axxius Augur

Welcome back, Augur!

We expect a lot of clever/humorous NPC speech in TBM. ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar, Kiillz and Augur like this.
  4. Vlorg Augur

wait what, a dev leave EQnext to come back to EQ?

What world is this?
  5. Silv Augur

Well right now I'd say Augur - have you seen how adorable his Twitter account picture is?!

What's EQnext? :eek:
    Gyurika Godofwar and Augur like this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

aww yeah ! GETTEM GETTEM !
    Augur likes this.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Where all those crying, we lost a dev (and never getting another dev to replace the lost dev) at NOW ? ? ?
    Augur and Silv like this.
  8. Mintalie Augur

omsquee!
    Augur and Silv like this.
  9. Riou EQResource

only until TBM launches
    Whulfgar likes this.
  10. Augur Developer

Hehe, thanks for the kind words, Sheex. That Thunder Gun HA is probably my favorite content I've made for EQ so far. (Maybe tied with A Feat of Drunken Strength in Evantil, which was the first thing I ever made in EQ.)

I haven't written anything quite as funny this time around yet, but I'll see what I can do before launch :)
  11. Rcalielie Elder

Welcome back to EQ!
    Augur likes this.
  12. Silv Augur

Is Riou's interpretation of your original post correct in that you're only around till TBM launch? :confused:
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Riou EQResource

The original post suggests TBM only and he tweeted https://twitter.com/jaugustine/status/653695026829000704 only TBM beta basically.

I imagine if anyone is gonna replace Elidroth it's either gonna be a new person (to keep cost down) or they would do something like Chandrok or Ngreth who have been Item Devs previously to not have Aristo do Items, Spells and Server/Patch stuff by himself.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Numiko Augur

Oh wow, he is too cute!!

It's a program out to challange Duke Nukem Forever for longest development lead time ever...
  15. Whulfgar Augur

I for one have voted for you Auger , Just see my name ! mwhahaha

I am looking forward to your quests, and your side quests , (not to be mixxed up with "Side chicks")

Ammeren I'm looking at you on that part !
  16. sifonin Augur

/em Looks shamefully at his scaley feet.
  17. Imrahil Augur

Wb, Augur :)
    Augur likes this.
  18. Weverley Augur

Holy cow lots of Augur in this thread.Welcome back sir.Looks good for the future of EQ1 to have somebody from EQN back on the first EQ that existed.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Augur like this.
  19. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

Welcome back to EQ! Looking forward to fun and frivolity in dialogue. Oh and puns, I love the puns....
    Gyurika Godofwar, Mayfaire and Augur like this.
  20. Ishtass Augur

Woot! WB :)

<~ apparently voted for Augur too
    Augur likes this.