Hellish night, and epic locks me up like QT..

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Elyssanda, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Craptastic night from hell..
    A couple hours before raids, computer crashes so hard, it no longer thinks it even HAS a hard drive or storage.
    Get it out of the way, unwired unhook everything, get laptop swapped in, and my monitor is so old it doesn't have HDMI capabilities to hook it to the laptop..
    Run to Walmart grab the only decent monitor they have bigger than 18".. come home its a curved 27.. which will take a little getting used to.
    Log into Discord, can't hear a thing.. load eq, change discord setting, still no sound.. finally fix that, BOSE gaming headset cable is 2 parts, and they were not quite connected..
    jump in raid.. songs lock up almost immediately.. camp out come back, now I'm bugged in raid. I take invite never get in, poor ownlei is shooting me raid invites like every 2 minutes as I zone around trying g to get back in raid. camp to desktop come back, back in raid, lock up again..
    Guild kills that target thank goodness, we move on, I lock up AGAIN.. Get kicked to POK, I figure its the QuickTime bug. So I decide screw QuickTime, remove it from hotbar. Get in raid.. lock up AGAIN.. I'm near tears. Get out again.. go to GH. Start twist, nope it works fine. Start clicking aa.. they all work. Click epic .. lock up.
    At some point I also realize I have no GINA, so I dl it and set it up, thanks fin for triggers.
    Go out to windows defender.. create exceptions for Gina, EQgame and patcher in firewall and virus scan.. and epic still locks me up..
    I'm toast.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

And that is the life of a dedicated raider.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I need help figuring out WHY epic is locking up like QT used to.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Chopen helped me fix this.. had to make a new hotkey.. can't just link my epic to a hotkey, had to make a 2 line hotkey:
    /stopsong
    /useitem Blade of Vesagran

Worked perfectly after that.
  5. Kidiani Journeyman

I'm thinking you need a psychologist.

I would have been trying to diagnose the problem with the PC. I would have got a HDMI to VGA adapter (or whatever) connection you needed for old monitor. Especially without researching it. Did you go buy the laptop too?

Yikes!
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Nah you booger, I had the laptop. I did what *I* have the knowledge for with the PC.. shut it down, walked away, came back like 15 minutes later re-booted and it still said it had no hard drive or storage. with raids upcoming, swapping in the laptop seemed the fastest way to get up and running, and as NOT a computer geek, I didn't KNOW there was a HDMI to VGA thing.. I knew my monitor was 10 years old, laptop was 1.. figured times had changed, and it just had to be upgraded.

Miss you Funstuff.
    "Kidiani/Funstuff tells group " Don't hit me with selos, I run into everything"
  7. minimind The Village Idiot

I've had the disappearing HDD in the past (2010-ish?). If I remember correctly, I had to boot to a thumb drive with Partition Master installed to recover my Master Boot Record. I remember that it happened a couple times that year.
    Elyssanda likes this.