Heart of fear endgame lore?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quseio, Jul 24, 2013.

1. quseio Augur

ive quit for a while now but im still interested in the lore could someone pm me or .. just post it here?

IS cazic being reincarnated ? did someone grab the power ???
  2. Riou EQResource

If you would like to watch the lore of the final event on a (spoiler) youtube video (/spoiler)
  3. quseio Augur

very blurry,so basicly some halfling was an allaran who plotted to take the shards or something cazic slumbers? but will revive and the iksar will bhe his avatar or soemthing ?
  4. Riou EQResource

Iksar basically protects him as he sleeps to regain his power with the aid of Luclin

Xaric was the Halfling (Sam Napth) who was collecting shards to take over Cazic's spot (but we stop him of course)
  5. wingz-83 Augur

Ok so...cazic isn't dead apparently despite what Eli stated. Was kinda hoping for gods battling like in the art for this expansion (Where was tunare?) Luclin kinda reminds me of the loving mother that kinda looks after her kids with how she was to glask. Audio was neat too (did luclin have no voice?)

Also......Xaric and pals?
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So where do all the other gods come into this that we saw on the original artwork for RoF? I was expecting them to show up in HoF.

This expansion makes no sense to me.
  7. Riou EQResource

Luclin had no voice during it no :(

There probably has to be a fear god and replacing Cazic wouldn't make any sense (since youd have to change all the deity stuff and modern things related to him :p)

Didn't Rallos Zek die in EQ2? but he was in later expansions seemed to be alive, so seems gods cant truly 'die'?

They were just there to look cool :p
  8. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Can someone explain why Luclin cares about this to show her face for the first time ever? (At least that I know of.) What was her vested interest.

Also who is Sam Napth and why was he trying to take over the power of fear?
  9. Straahdx Augur

Luclin is the t3 boss in poshadow. That, afaik, was her first in-game appearance.

Sam was one of the anniversary npcs you got missions from (last year I think).
  10. Hatsee Augur

Because she's pretty and the devs wanted to show her off even if it makes no sense.

Because halflings are monsters that need to be wiped out.
    Viltaire and Luft like this.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

[Mon Jul 22 17:14:34 2013] Cazic the Inchoate falls dead upon the Heart of Fear. His essence rises, seems to linger for a moment, and then flows back into the heart, returning to the source from whence it all began. And as the lifeless corpse shrivels away, a small form emerges, crying softly.

[Mon Jul 22 17:14:44 2013] Harbinger Glask shouts 'The Harbingers...Cazic-Thule...it was all for naught...' She cries into her hands. 'I know that now...never again shall I see my god...'

[Mon Jul 22 17:15:04 2013] Shadow of Luclin shouts 'What strength resides in such fragile, mortal beings! Harbinger Glask, arise and weep no more!'

[Mon Jul 22 17:15:19 2013] Shadow of Luclin shouts 'Your god rests. He shall slumber for a time before he awakes and again grows restless. His essence will flow; the seeds of fear will be sown; his children will mature as they did before. And you will watch over them.'

[Mon Jul 22 17:15:34 2013] Shadow of Luclin (This should be Harbinger Glask talking) shouts 'But what could I do for them? I have already failed their father!'

[Mon Jul 22 17:15:39 2013] Shadow of Luclin shouts 'No, you have given him peace -- the peace of unknowing before the striving begins anew. There will come a time like this when Cazic-Thule begins to awaken. You will join with him, become one, and soothe his anguish. You will let him rest once more -- and again for as long as the Heart of Fear beats with life and the essence of Cazic pumps its full circuit.'

[Mon Jul 22 17:15:59 2013] Harbinger Glask averts her gaze from Luclin's imposing shadow. She responds with her eyes shut tightly. 'I will do this for my god...I will do this that I may again see Cazic-Thule.'

[Mon Jul 22 17:16:09 2013] Shadow of Luclin shouts 'I will leave my servants with you. They will protect you and care for you. When the time comes, they will do for you what you might not have the heart to do yourself.'

[Mon Jul 22 17:16:19 2013] Shadow of Luclin shouts 'Adventurers, you have walked the path I set before you. The light still shines upon Norrath, untarnished by Xaric's darkness. Cazic-Thule remains asleep, but the world still has need of fear. This crystal shall remain its heart. It shall be a reminder of the folly of gods and mortals, a remembrance of the ambition and gullibility that almost destroyed us all.'

[Mon Jul 22 17:16:44 2013] Shadow of Luclin shouts 'But it shall also be a monument to the gods and mortals who rose above their mistakes, stood against the darkness, and atoned for their misdeeds. None shall be forgotten: Morrell, Terris, Rallos, Ryken, the Triune God, Xaric -- this is their monument, and yours.'

[Mon Jul 22 17:17:24 2013] Harbinger Glask kneels before Luclin. 'I will do this, Lady of Shadow. I will do this for my god.'

[Mon Jul 22 17:17:29 2013] Shadow of Luclin shouts 'Why tarry here, adventurers? Your part has been played. The long journey is over. [Go] out into the bright world of Norrath, where the light still shines and there is always another adventure to be found just beyond the next hill.'
  12. Illusionist_Innania Augur

When you do the various tasks in the Plane of Shadow, you learn that Luclin exists to control the balance of light and dark that creates Shadows.

While this is directly referencing actual light, it also seems to reference the alignment of the pantheon.
  13. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

THANK YOU for posting this! When we beat this I was trying to read what was being said by all the NPC's but was looking at the loot that droped while getting tells and buffing people and sending Zyphers etc etc all at the same time. INFORMATION overload LOL! Plus I forgot to turn my log on.
    So thank you for posting it.

Still not 100% sure whats going on with Cazic-Thule. My guess he is back alive, in a way, but is just really tired at the moment and taking a nap?!?! hehe!
  14. Khoza Augur

Sounds to me like he's hibernating. He's there, and his power (the heart of fear) will be the source of fear until he shakes off his grumpy mood. Although... the part about

somewhat makes it sound like he won't awaken, but be pacified each time he tries? Maybe I'm misreading that, because this seems contrary to the line before it:

Somewhat confusing, but he's definitely alive and back in his place as the deity of fear.
  15. Pirlo Augur

Non constructive post inc.

The lore for this expansion sucked
  16. Caudyr Augur

Errr...does this mean that Morrell, Terris and Rallos are dead here, as well...or am I just misinterpreting this? Or...is it just 'standing as a monument' to Morrell and Terris' folly with regards to trying to harness their father's power?

Also...where exactly does Rallos come into this but not Solusek Ro?

That bolded line confuses me...
  17. Hatsee Augur

We're playing Humpty Dumpty going on 3 years and you're worried about badly written lines that don't make sense? Sheesh.
    Ishtass and Caudyr like this.
  18. Caudyr Augur

You bet I am! *puts Cazic Dumpty back together again* ;)
  19. Mykaylla Augur

Morell and Terris aren't his only children. Sure, Morell and Terris are his divine children, formed from part of his essence and part of Quellious', but all of his creations are his children too- for all that he's "evil," Cazic-Thule cares about the iksar.

Which is also why I say
    [Mon Jul 22 17:15:34 2013] Shadow of Luclin(This should be Harbinger Glask talking) shouts 'But what could I do for them? I have already failed their father!'
    Should say "our father," not their. Harbinger Glask has obviously not stopped caring in this exchange with Luclin, so it would not really make sense for her to now distance herself, when she is loyal enough to sacrifice herself with no promise of being saved, to bring The Faceless back.

But I still want to know who and where the other six mercenary akhevans are. :(
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

My interpretation of what she was saying when combined with how the event seems to have worked is that:
    1. Cazic-Thule, of EQ, only truly exists anymore as his essence within the Heart of Fear.
    2. Every so often his essence will coalesce and become restless and come out of the Heart of Fear.
    3. When his essence leaves the Heart of Fear, it will merge with Harbinger Glask, and Cazic will once more take corporeal form.
    4. After so long Cazic's essence will need to rest again, it will separate from Glask and return to the Heart of Fear, and Glask will watch over the 'Children of Thule' and with the help of Luclin's servants the Heart of Fear until Cazic's essence emerges once more.
    Because of my opinion of what Luclin meant by what she said, I think that with the next The Shade of Cazic-Thule currently spawning in Plane of Fear will be returned to the old model but with a different name; perhaps even a similar name to what we saw in this event like Cazic-Thule the Inchoate. Since I see steps 3 and 4 that I listed above as being when CT would spawn in PoF (#3) and when he would be killed in PoF (#4).