Healing focus question

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Fenudir, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Fenudir Augur

If you have CotF raid healing focus, is it better to keep using your up-to level 100 heals with full focus or use the up-to level 105 heals with the reduced focus?
  2. Addikeys Elder

As a druid, I'm sticking with CotF spells until I get the following: at least TDS rk 2 spells + 103(or higher) heal raid focus + 103(or higher) beneficial raid focus. Currently, the rank 1 spells appear to be equal to or worse than CotF rank 3 spells.
  3. Crystilla Augur

Do you have CoF raid tier 1 or 2?

CoF Raid Tier 1 - averages 73% (43-100) at level <=100 which degrades to
    • 69% on level 101 spells
    • 65% on level 102 spells
    • 62% on level 103 spells
    • 58% on level 104 spells
    • 54% on level 105 spells
    CoF Raid Tier 2 - averages 75% at level <=103 which degrades to
    • 71% on level 104 spells
    • 67% on level 105 spells
    If you have CoF Raid Tier 2, you don't have as much to be concerned about, but if you have Raid Tier 1, it's definitely a strong bet to keep using the old spells (unless your new spell can cover the difference on the focus degradation).
    Basically for healing focus, the plain truth is any version of TDS Group (tier 1, tier 2, tier 3) will have a higher heal average for level 104 and 105 spells. So an option is get a TDS group neck or arms and then you're covered both ways depending what spells you use (if you don't mind the downgrade in stats).
    guado likes this.
  4. guado Augur

Agree 100%. Excellent info.

It's not just about the healing focus, but other factors like
    -Spell haste
    -Range
  5. Crystilla Augur

Here was a quick summary just on the focus degradation part that I posted for my guild.

1) If you have CoF raid tier 2 (or obviously TDS raid tier 2) ... then your raid gear is better for all level 101 spells than any group gear focus from any tier.

2) If you have CoF raid tier 1 gear ... there are differences.
    (a) For all level 101-103 spells, the raid gear is better than all TDS tiers of group gear for every focus.

(b) For level 104 spells:
    - - - - The raid gear is better than all TDS tiers of group gear for beneficial range, beneficial duration, beneficial spell haste, detrimental range, detrimental duration
    - - - - The raid gear is the same as all TDS tiers of group gear for detrimental mana preservation, beneficial mana preservation and detrimental spell haste.
    - - - - The raid gear is inferior to all TDS tiers of group gear for improved healing and all damage focii (improved magic, improved chromatic, improved fire, etc.).

(b) For level 105 spells:
    - - - - The raid gear is better than all TDS tiers of group gear for beneficial spell haste.
    - - - - The raid gear is the same as all TDS tiers of group gear for beneficial and detrimental duration.
    - - - - The raid gear is inferior to all TDS tiers of group gear for beneficial range, beneficial mana preservation, detrimental range, detrimental mana preservation, detrimental spell haste, improved healing and all damage focii (improved magic, improved chromatic, improved fire, etc.)
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  6. Fenudir Augur

Thank you all for the responses. Exactly what I needed.
  7. Nylrem Augur

Not sure which class you're referring to, but for a cleric, an increased heal focus over CoTF T2 raid isn't very necessary. Beneficial spell haste (boots, usually) is much more important.

All primary single target heals are level 103 or less.

About the only benefit, really, to getting a TDS heal focus would be for level 105 group heal.

Single target heals should primarily be Graceful/Spiritual Remedies and Interventions. Which are all level 103 and lower.

Fervid Renewal (level 105) may be necessary to use on events where can't nuke target's target, but, it's almost always going to top off your target with or without an extra 10% to it's heal focus... 160k heal, or 176k heal, is really all the same. It's still going to top your target off in HP, 99% of the time.

A TDS heal focus will be nice for 1 spell, is all, pretty much. Level 105 group heal/cure. Which, don't get me wrong, is used a lot. Again, though, it almost always tops the group off in HP anyway, as well. 100k heals or 110k heals to group, either way, is almost always overhealing anyway.

Ensuring getting boots, for beneficial spell haste, for 105 Word and 105 Fervid Renewal, is more important than heal focus, IMO. Until you get new beneficial spell haste, you should strongly consider if it's even worth using either spell. (since, IMO, they top the targets off in HP, anyway, almost always - I'd rather cast the spells faster using older versions).

Fervid is only .1s cast time longer than Fraught with T2 boots. So, while I have Fraught first, because of that, I still am loading Fervid after that, before Fervent, in my lineup. 4.5k increase in base heal of Fervid, vs Fervent, I suppose is worth the extra .1s cast time.

105 Word is 2.4s cast time, vs 100 Word only being 2.2 though with raid T2 boots. So, I'm sticking with level 100 group heal, until get new boots (or cultural beneficial haste focus).
  8. Crystilla Augur

Agree that spell haste is critical (it's my #1 to try and get each level raise).

As shown on the other thread, I disagree with renewal's value (to the post above) but agree that you don't need the heal increaser from TDS to still do your job. The 2% or 4% average boost it adds helps but is such a tiny part of our actual heal amount.
  9. Khoza Augur

Your heal landing for 20% more: 1000 DKP.
    Landing said heal while the tank is still alive: Priceless.
    Fanra and Crystilla like this.