Fixed Internally Healer Mercs are not working right

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sostenes, Feb 22, 2020.

1. DCPD158 Elder

I see something odd since RoS release.

The level 101 Remedy line spell is called Spiritual Remedy
    The level 103 Light line spell is called Ardent Light

The level 106 Remedy line spell is called Merciful Remedy
    The level 108 Light line spell is called Merciful Light

The level 111 Remedy line spell is called Sincere Remedy
    The level 113 Light line spell is called Sincere Light

I believe a number of folks have mentioned that they have had the issue where the Remedy line would not cast after getting the Light line in RoS and beyond.

I doubt it could be a simple as the names of the two lines being the same, but stranger things have happened in EQ. Just food for thought.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  2. DCPD158 Elder

The level 96 Remedy line spell is called Graceful Remedy
    The level 98 Light line spell is called Reverent Light

Looks like starting with RoS, they did not rename the Light line. Hmmm...
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. DCPD158 Elder

Bumping because its on page 2
    OldCa61 likes this.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

As mentioned before, healer mercs often have OOC regen during combat and after having cast many heal/cure spells. I noticed they even cast Yaulp these days. Here is a screenshot during a fight in HS.

[IMG]

I was keeping track and it was happening about 40% of the fights. Hopefully this info will prompt the devs to address all the issues with healer mercs and not just this one bug (that favors players).

Meanwhile everyone does enjoy healer mercs with infinite mana that cannot cast heals spells to save your life. :)
    Lorai and Yinla like this.
  5. Duality Augur

I've been having problems with my healer merc no longer healing or taking a long time to start healing group members after a charm pet drops that it was healing.

Also, while I don't know if intentional or not, I have noticed tank and dps melee mercs are not engaging a target when the owner is not the one currently targeted by the enemy. (2 groups 1 npc, one groups melee mercs wont engage)

Been seeing more people in general lately complaining about all mercs not wanting to assist and end up having to hire a new one.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

That's always been the case, if your group doesn't have aggro. If you believe it is a bug though, I would recommend starting a separate thread or your concern will be lost in the ether most likely.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  7. DCPD158 Elder

Pushing this back to page 1. Still waiting on a "coders" reply.
  8. Nerianie Apprentice

I guess, Mercs uses Seventeenth(Sixteenth) instead Remedy line.
    They stops to use Remedy at 112, 107.

Sincere Remedy Rk. II
    Cast Time: 0.5s
    Recast Time: 4.75s
    1: 13,609 HP>20%
    2: 17,012 HP<20%

Seventeenth Rejuvenation Rk. II
    Cast Time: 0.5s
    Recast Time: 6s
    1: 10,885 45% > HP > 35%
    2: 18,143 35% > HP > 25%
    3: 24,712 25% > HP > 1%

Unfortunately, This spell does NOT affect above 45% HP. and bit longer recast time.
  9. Scorpio New Member

10. DCPD158 Elder

Looks like SOMETHING is going to happen in the next patch. Current test update notes:

"- Modified how healer mercenaries choose and use healing spells at higher levels."

No idea what it means, but we can hope right?
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We made design and code changes to help the merc make better choices.
    Marton, Fredescu, Wulfhere and 2 others like this.
  12. Pawtato Augur

Y'all should just ask the people that automate their characters how they do it.
  13. Alez New Member

Bump
    My healer merc is still beyond slow to cast heals. In a group with 2x 115 healer mercs and took a good 6 seconds for named mob to kill my pet and 0 heals...