Fixed Internally Healer Mercs are not working right

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sostenes, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Vitaulic Apprentice

To be fair, we said we wanted ANY response and we got that.

I guess I do not understand the purpose of "like the first post of a thread to get more attention" if they can simply choose to ignore it anyways. I thought the nature of this was to focus on the bugs the players felt were the most important. Maybe you should consider removing this ranking aspect from the bug forums. It certainly has lead to great disappointment for me to get it to the top of the list and be told it's not being worked on nor even looked at to verify there is an issue.

I realize that this bug might not effect everyone the same way and maybe it does not effect some at all but honestly it's probably an end of game issue for me. That's why I've been so passionate about it and tried to post so much information in logs to help track the issue down.
  2. Natal Augur

Another thing I have noticed is that the healer mercs mana use changed. Prior to the new levels in ToV they would run out of mana when on reactive, and go back to full health on balanced. I run two mercs, and I used to alternate modes on them so one always had a good stock of mana. Now they are both always on full health, suggesting that they are stuck in balanced mode no matter if you have reactive selected or not. The result is that on hard hitting mobs things become really marginal fast.

Sometimes they don't heal at all for no apparent reason.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. Natal Augur

The thing is, it wasn't a problem before ToV. Now it is hard to trust the mercs to do what they are supposed to do (or at least what they were doing). I can't speak for tank mercs since I have never used them, and caster dps I stopped using because if I ran two one would start doing knockbacks on the mob every time it casted, which constantly moved the mob back over my head. The other problem with the wizard mercs is that if they get agro they are usually standing in some really awkward place, so it is allways better the use the rogue ones instead.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  4. Duder Augur

Health? Or mana? Describing a full mana bar as full health is very confusing.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

I've seen the heal issue come up before. It's like they're only programmed at 5 level intervals.

Wizard_merc begins to cast a spell <concussion>
    OldCa61 likes this.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Ngreth is probably the most active forum poster among the developers.

It’s probably also worth noting the issue here doesn’t seem to be an event script, Tradeskill bug, or database issue which he seems to focus his work on. But instead this is probably an issue with the coding logic for mercenaries. Which likely means the developer/coder responsible for fixing this isn’t him.

I think a more palatable reply would’ve been “I will pass it on to our code team”. But beyond he was honest in saying he doesn’t know anything about it since it’s not in his group of responsibilities on the team.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  7. Endorek Lorekeeper

I would agree with this completely, I would also appreciate anything else we can do as players to help facilitate this process. Any of the devs are welcome to come watch my merc not cast remedy anytime they like if it would add anything to their analysis
    Vexana_Lanys and OldCa61 like this.
  8. Marton Augur

I assume the poster meant mana.

My cleric merc was getting very low on mana or oom in TBL frequently but in ToV they are almost always full (while healing inadequately).
    Duder, OldCa61 and Vexana_Lanys like this.
  9. Natal Augur

Sorry, yes, mana. Currently even on active healing they basically stay at between 95 - 100%, which is what used to happen on balanced. At 110 in active mode against current content with constant fighting their mana bar would slowly become depleted. That no longer happens, even though mobs are doing more damage relatively speaking.

Basically "active" mode is not what it was at 110 and you are more likely to die in challenging scenarios than before.
    Duder and OldCa61 like this.
  10. Natal Augur

Well, if he has taken the time to post here he almost certainly passed it on to the relevant dev as well. They do talk to each other.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

If you watch the merc stats window while in combat, and your merc is healing, you will notice that the merc remains in OOC regen an awful lot (not every fight). Something about merc combat recognition is broken.
    OldCa61 and Wizz like this.
  12. Endorek Lorekeeper

This was not fixed in the patch, not that I expected it to be given no mention in the patch message, but sometimes things get fixed silently.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  13. Nerianie Apprentice

FYI, I always pop healer merc, so, I parsed my log files 105~114(about 1 year) roughly.

106: Merciful Remedy Rk.II (cast time:0.5)
    107: ...no Remedy, no Light....
    108: Merciful Light Rk.II (cast time: 3.75)
    109: Merciful Light Rk.II
    110: Merciful Light Rk.II
    111: Sincere Remedy Rk.II
    112: ...no Remedy, no Light....
    113: Sincere Light Rk.II
    114: Sincere Light Rk.II

hmm. there are hell-level. lol

* I do not guarantee the correctness of this information. :rolleyes:
    Skuz and OldCa61 like this.
  14. Nerianie Apprentice

please Ignore my last post. (I can't edit it...)

My logs shows about remedy as below:

106: Merciful Remedy Rk.II
    107: ...no Remedy
    108: ...no Remedy
    109: ...no Remedy
    110: ...no Remedy
    111: Sincere Remedy Rk.II
    112: ...no Remedy
    113: ...no Remedy
    114: ...no Remedy
    OldCa61 and Vexana_Lanys like this.
  15. Marton Augur

It can't be that difficult to adjust their spell sets?
    OldCa61 likes this.
  16. Vitaulic Apprentice

No offense but you can't adjust something you will not even take the time to look at. Per the post, not looking, no timetable on when they might look, it's pretty much DOA issue for some reason.
    Briney and OldCa61 like this.
  17. Marton Augur

I know what Ngreth said.

I meant it's not like we are asking for some enormously involved task to be accomplished ( dots revamp for example), fixing spell set is 5 min deal.
    Endorek and OldCa61 like this.
  18. Soulblaze Journeyman

Can confirm mercs are busted after level 110. I solo as a Wizard and thanks to the ridiculously stupid restless ice spells I have to keep a cleric up. I never notice and just die otherwise. I know I can evac the effect off but it's always too late. Cleric acts like a level 90 and it's a 112 J5.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  19. Zanarnar Augur

Ok ok, you all are thinking about this wrong.

HOW CAN YOU EXPLOIT MERCS NOT USING THE RIGHT HEALS?

Figure that out, they will fix it the next day. Otherwise as this is an issue that hurts players, its the literal bottom of their pile.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  20. YetAgain New Member

Can we PLEASE get this worked on before the rest of the player base quits? I have seen 7 people stop playing in the past few weeks due to the outright debacle of the mercenary situation. Rogue mercs are not using their aggro reduction after level 110 making it impossible to use them. Healer mercs just stand there and daydream casting ridiculously long group heals instead of direct heals on the tank. Overseer doesn't mean squat if no one is willing to log in because they cannot enjoy the game anymore. I cant speak for everyone but I know there's a LOT of us who would rather have FUNCTIONALITY over yet another bugged half-hearted attempt at a plug in we didn't ask for. Please stop the Warcraft integrations and LISTEN to your players before there are none left.