Fixed Internally Healer Mercenaries Have no Prim/Sec Items at Level 120

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Laurana, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Laurana Augur

Probably just a minor cosmetic issue. The healer mercs do not have a weapon or shield in their hands once a player hits level 120. The rogue merc appears to still be holding ToV weapons. Caster merc has a single item in primary, nothing in secondary, but I never use this merc, so not sure if it needs to be looked at, too.
    Not sure if this affects the rogue dps output or the healer healing in anyway but figured I'd post it here for Devs to look into.
    Thanks
    Mr Bones, Rondor, NyteShayd and 27 others like this.
  2. Malbro Augur

Same thing happened with ToV expansion at 115.
    Mr Bones and Laurana like this.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

Tank mercs show no weapons either.

Povar if it matters.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

My tank merc is showing as "punch" on the parse so this is not just a cosmetic issue.

My rogue is showing pierce and backstab, though weapons are displayed on the rogue, so no surprise there.

Side note, wonder if tank mercs would tank better if they had some way to sword and board vs duel wield...?
    Mr Bones, Rob0n, Fenthen and 4 others like this.
  5. Scila Augur

My mercs that I didn't already have pre-patch also show no weapons and use punch rather than tanking motions. By not already have, I mean I added new tanks and healers on 2 accounts as well as a rogue on one account. All of them have no weapons of any kind and the tank-types are punching. It may be an aesthetic; however, /boggle.
    Mr Bones, Rob0n and Laurana like this.
  6. Dragnath Elder

My tank merc is displaying no weapons as well.
    Mr Bones, Rob0n and minimind like this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Still no word on this? My tank merc would like a sword and shield pls.
    Mr Bones, Rob0n and Fenthen like this.
  8. sandmans/fusionx New Member

wrong place to say/ask this but why didnt mercs get anything from tol expat. no aa's armor etc?
    Nennius and Fenthen like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For ToL the devs built the increases they normally give to mercs through AA's into their level upgrades so that they had their increases "front loaded". As for Armor/itemisation - no clue.

That said, I think they should consider AA development of mercs a lot differently in future if they plan to front load them in the way that they did for ToL or why even bother with the merc AA system at all.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Aanuvane Augur

Noticed this isn't in the patch notes.

Any update on when this will be fixed and how important is it to be fixed I guess is another question for those of us who do use mercs? I don't seem to be having any trouble in the content I'm trying to do, but still curious if they've lost any power because they don't have any weapons or is it all cosmetic?
    Rob0n and minimind like this.
  11. Red-Liner Journeyman

Ive just logged on again having taken a small break. This was an issue when I stopped, probably around February, once I'd hit 120.
    I would have thought that this would have been corrected by now, but I logged on today, and my tank merc is fighting hand to hand only. I did swap out to a DPS, and that merc has weapons.
    I fired and rehired, but my tank is weaponless still. Ive not tried a healer to see if this is also weaponless.
    Not sure if it makes a difference, but my tank merc is halfling, my dps is barbarian.
    Any others still suffering this issue, or is it me and do I need to do soemthing?
    Mr Bones and Rob0n like this.
  12. Aanuvane Augur

It hasn't been fixed yet.
    Mr Bones, Rob0n and Laurana like this.
  13. ItalianStalion New Member

Any progress on this issue?
  14. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I haven't used a merc in a while, just popped my tank and see this is still an issue.

C'mon man....
    Mr Bones, Rob0n and Fenthen like this.
  15. Laurana Augur

Almost 9 months now since ToL release and this bug deployed.
    Metanis and Fenthen like this.
  16. MacDubh TABLES!!!

bump
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. King Vorix New Member

I know this has happened before... seems to be only cosmetic but still somewhat annoying. How was this not permanently fixed the first time? =o
    Mr Bones, Rob0n, Barton and 4 others like this.
  18. Salene_Luclin Journeyman

It is not just cosmetic, if you have a tank model with no weapons they just punch and are defiantly worse. This has been brought up time and again and it still isn't fixed since the level increase so don't think mercs are gonna get any love. If you can get something not a player model they seem to be fine.
    Rob0n and Fenthen like this.
  19. King Vorix New Member

I'm running the zombie merc, it doesn't show any hand-held equipment either.
    Rob0n likes this.
  20. Aanuvane Augur