Heal amount?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Conq, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Conq Augur

So, for all you parsers and spreadsheet healers: +Heal? What does it actually do? Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
    Conq
    Frogmancer likes this.
  2. Clarisa Augur

Unless someone more knowledgeable about it disputes this, I'm going to assume the info here is still accurate:

http://everquest.wikia.com/wiki/Heal_Amount_(Equipment_Stat)

Assuming that, Merciful Remedy (0.5 sec cast, 4.75 sec recast), the most commonly used cleric healing spell, would fall under the following equation to determine the bonus:

Bonus Healing = 0.167 * (4.25) * 2405 (sample Healing Amount from "Kellan", random cleric on Magelo) = 1706.94875

The wiki mentions that the bonus healing can crit but can't be focused, so assuming it did, that would be potentially 3413.8975 more per cast. As far as I know, this healing is added after everything else, so it'd be less useful than something that actually increased the base healing amount of the spell.

So, again, assuming the info is accurate and I didn't screw the math up, Heal Amount isn't exactly useless, but due to the "waste" involved in healing with not every point of potential healing leading to actual healing unless the target is missing enough HP when the spell lands to accommodate it, it won't make a huge difference, either.

It's probably not worth building your gear around, however, since you'll probably still get enough from gear for it to be useful without specifically hunting for augs to maximize it.
    Drogba, Frogmancer and Metanis like this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

I actually did this a few years ago. Upon realizing how little the heal amount mattered I went back to maximizing other stats, mostly survivability by AC/HP/Agi/Sta.
  4. Tucoh Augur

It is too bad +heal and + spell damage matter so little.
  5. Derka Power Ranger

It would be very nice if they bracketed them like the other mod stats but add a multiplier every 200 or so. Maybe +50% effectiveness each time you go up in a tier. At 800 spell damage it would actually give you 1600 for example.