Headshot/Decap - You're kidding right?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kalipto, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Goth Augur

hacker.
    drkoli likes this.
  2. Tx-Canyon New Member

I wasn't really for or against the change to Headshot, but it was only useful for doing the daily quest in Old Blood Fields. Last night I did a quick scouting the hills HA to run lesson, and I saw maybe 6-7 headshots the entire time. Granted the Xoulous are the only Humanoids, but I cleared the whole zone to maximize xp for my lesson. Change to headshot really made no visible improvement to my DPS. I am the tank of my group and my gear is more or less all CoTF T1 visibles and a few non-visible items from the vendor. I do not raid at all (nothing current anyway)

Combined: Scouting the Hills in 1350s, 21268k @15754dps (36.13%)

I had one crit at 750k damage and others at 243k.
  3. Myzir New Member

I have to agree with those that have seen a serious decrease in the number of headshots per minute. There is a huge discrepancy in this AA. Not to mention that the head shot is no longer a viable tool. Rarely has our ranger been able to get a hit that most wizards see with every other cast. If the change was to subdue the PLing fine, no arguments with that line of thought, especially for those zones that rangers would dominate for hours at a time. I feel the change should include an increase in the damage of a landed head shot so it actually is more useful. For now it is a just a minor decrease in a mob's hit points that really doesn't have much impact...
  4. hakmer Augur

why is decap even included in this title? i think that might be the agenda..
    Alekzandre and Elricvonclief like this.
  5. Ragnard Elder

They intend for headshot to proc 2 times per minute when you're raid geared and autofiring with a bow. When you're meleeing and only proccing off bow spells, you may as well get used to it being a lower proc rate.

I imagine you're talking about Wizard's Arcane Fusion. You're wrong - it doesn't proc every other spell. It doesn't even proc every other mob most of the time. I see this go off once or twice per minute or so if I'm chain nuking. Also, Arcane Fusion hits around 150k non crit, 349k crit under non-burn conditions, and 440k crit under burn. This is about half the damage of a headshot proc so even if it went off twice as often it wouldn't be much difference.

What is it that you expect headshot to be a "viable tool" for? It's a nice big damage proc that goes off occasionally for a chunk of free damage. Think monk thunderfoot, wizard arcane fusion... etc.
  6. Myzir New Member

Many apologies for assuming the wizard's damage output. When glancing at the groups damage output it is amazing the amount of damage our wizards do on a continuous basis. I will have to reach out and ask what they see as their average damage output.

I was referring to it as a viable tool for clearing trash, etc. but I can see your point. It seems kind of off balance to take a class that has an AA that is already limited to the type of mob that it can be used against, take the AA and completely revamp it so it is a bare shadow of what it was before and do nothing else to "improve" the AA. Wouldn't it be more beneficial if the AA could include any type of mob and not just humanoid?

I feel that it would have been more prudent to sit down with the class (any class really) and ask for input. An explanation that a change WILL be made but empowering the class to provide useful feedback so that the change(s) would have a more positive outcome and a buy in from those it would affect.

Thanks for the feedback. Spirited conversation can provoke thoughtful dialogue. =D
  7. Leerah Augur

Since my attempts at decap rarely procced, this might be an improvement for me!
  8. Ragnard Elder

Wizard sustained damage output is huge don't get me wrong, but it's not just because of arcane fusion.

I'd like to see HS/assassinate all hit any target rather than just humanoids also. Doesn't really make sense at this point when all the other "random proc" DD abilities will hit anything.
  9. Rolli New Member

My 95 zerkers ability to PL got nerfed, thats about it.

Im now able to decap in valley for my 95 daily solo regardless of what mobs (some troopers etc were D Blue)

Dont get me wrong, i need to stick my merc to reactive (J5), and im sometimes yelling at my screen "DECAP ALREADY OMG!!!!" but it gets there in the end :)

Ive not really did much on my zerker above 95, but i was grouped with a bard helping him do daily in grounds and i saw a 610k crit on decap where before i was only doing 410k ish?

maybe they inreased damage or maybe that bard was doing something to my crits!
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Arcane fusion is about 75k non-crit, 250k crit without extra mods, 350k with Overkill or Improved familiar, and 450k when under full burn.

Wizards' passive crit rate is only 39%, which is far less than any other caster and all or most melee.

The proc rate is only like 3% as well.

Last night grouping:
    677 spells cast, (note I'm only counting spells that can proc fusion, several of them cannot)
    189 twincasted spells
    21 procs of Arcane Fusion
    2 hour period.
    269 mobs killed.
  11. menown Augur

Arcane Fusion also has double the chance to proc while twincast is up! So it does proc more during burns.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It does, but that is still a very low rate. We get ~ 13 spells per burn (instants can't proc fusion), which is 26 chances to proc, at a rate of 3% is only about a 78% chance to get 1 Fusion proc.
  13. code-zero Augur

Yeah, Bards will do that....
  14. Serriah_Test Augur

Group DPS toons, yeah, 30k shouldn't be an issue. How "sustained" it is, is always subject to the grandfather's fishing tale of the one that got away... he was |<------------ THIS BIG ---------------->|
  15. Brogett Augur

You're so so wrong here. 2 out of 3 melee dps classes have crit rates around 25%. Berserker is substantially higher, but probably not that far ahead of wiz (if at all). Under discs, we also suck compared to any caster as their burns seem to put crit rates up at 70%+ which is pretty much unheard of on a melee barring maybe berserker again.
  16. Gragas Augur

It's called Quick Time.
  17. Zantor Augur

I can see a lot more people making bards, heard boxing a bard with a zerker, some guy was still getting 12 decaps per min. Though no clue what songs they were playing. Guessing a song to raise dex.
  18. Serriah_Test Augur

Fierce Eye.
    2: Critical DoT (10%)
    3: Critical HP Regen (10)
    4: Critical Heal (10%)
    5: Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage by 90%
    8: Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 10%
    9: Increase Proc Modifier by 300%
    11: Increase Critical Damage by 10% with All Skills

Quick Time
    5: Hundred Hands Effect
    6: Increase ATK by 264
    9: Increase Chance to Hit by 19% with All Skills

Spirit of Vesagren (bard 2.0 click)
    9: Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage by 88%
    10: Critical DoT (12%)
    12: Increase Accuracy by 140%
  19. Serriah_Test Augur

Aria of Va'Ker
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 41%
    2: Increase Haste v3 by 25%
    3: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
    4: Limit: Max Level(100) (lose 5% per level over cap)
    5: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
    6: Limit: Target (AE PC v1 excluded)
    7: Limit: Target (PB AE excluded)
    8: Limit: Target (Targeted AE excluded)
    9: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
    10: Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 38%
    11: Flurry Chance (6%)
    12: Pet Flurry Chance (32)

War March of Protan
    1: Increase Attack Speed by 60%
    2: Increase STR by 238
    3: Increase ATK by 141
    4: Increase Damage Shield by 101
    6: Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 37%
    12: Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 4%

+ Fierce Eye (shown in previous post)
    + Quick Time (shown in previous post)
    + Spirit of Vesagren (shown in previous post)
  20. Songsa Augur

Yup i confirm rogues critical rate (BS and piercing) is around 25% and 35-40% during burn.