hDex vs hStr vs hDex/hStr for Rogues

Discussion in 'Melee' started by I_Luv_Foraging, Jul 31, 2022.

1. DaciksBB Augur

Last expansion that attack rolls were really super relevant in was TDS, mob AC hasn't been that high in a long time
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Covennx Augur

Last time I parsed it (about 2 years ago), hDex beat out hStr in every category EXCEPT raid buffed, not burning, just using frenzied stabbing. Every other combination, buffed/unbuffed, burning/not burning, with any other combo of discs and adps/epics, hdex beat out hstr very handily. Now, my parse isn't going to equal your parse, but it should still be fairly close if equally geared. I probably won't be parsing it again unless I get extremely bored.
    Silvena and Cadira like this.
  3. Iribabh Augur

I have 3316 hDex and a 68% crit rate (not withstanding short dur adps) and about a 96% chance to hit. hDex affects both of these numbers. Until I am never missing (a miss = 0) then any stat that isn't hDex isn't the optimal stat. Even then, with the way crit damage is multiplied, it still remains the most valuable until you hit much closer to that 100% static crit rating.
    Szilent likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

Question: I've heard over the years from random people that eventually you reach some sort of a cap on dexterity that prevents more hdex from increasing your critical melee rate.

Is this true, or does your dexterity (a biproduct of hdex) always add the same % chance to melee crit per point indefinitely (up to 100%, of course)?
  5. Sancus Augur

I've not encountered that in any of my testing, nor seen parses to corroborate the idea at dexterity levels currently achievable.

The caveat to the above is that no one knows what happens past 4,000 in heroic stats. The assumption is that the diminishing returns refer to Mod2s, but we won't know for sure until we hit the cap:
    HighSpawnRate and Cadira like this.
  6. Cadira Augur

I thought the number 4000 came to mind when I was typing this up.

That must be what they refer to, but yeah I imagine hdex past 4k still adds a point of dex to you which should add the same crit rate the same as it does now but guess we won't know for a few years yet anyways.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Would have been nice if they had ever been willing to explain that. Mod2 diminishing returns doesn't make much sense with the absolute stat caps they have in the window. If they were truly putting diminishing returns in post 4000, those mod2s wouldn't need a cap listed.

Maybe +avoidance will (since they refuse to fix the formula that they made a mistake on and it is not possible to hit 300 avoidance even with 4000 hAgi), but I am guessing what they were talking about is the basic increases you get, +1 damage per 10 hStr, +mana +hp +end, +mana regen, +miss chance, things like that. So they still will go up but with reduced effectiveness?