Hcha is being treated as a real stat on the caster chase augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iila, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Iila Augur

In TBM/anniversary itemization, there are two sets of augments, obstinately divided into melee and caster/priest versions based on the heroics and other stats on the augs. However, the caster versions of the augs only have two Heroic stats that do anything, compared to the four useful heroics on the melee aug.

[IMG] vs [IMG]

[IMG] vs [IMG]

On the melee augs, each of HStr, HSta, HAgi, and HDex do something for every non-caster/priest class. Usefulness varies based on class, but those are four heroics that provide a benefit to all those classes.

On the caster augs, HAgi does something for every class. The other 3 Heroic stats are less useful.

HCha does nothing for anyone. Players know this, devs should know this. HCha should be a null stat as far as itemization is concerned. Here it is being counted the same as HDex/HSta/HStr on melees.

As for HWis and HInt, no class in game can make of both these stats. It does not matter who uses this aug, they will only ever care about either the HInt OR HWis. Those two heroics are being counted as two useful stats, when only one of the two will do anything useful.

Suggestions:

• Add an appropriate amount of HSta to the caster augs. That will at least give us 3 useful Heroics on these augs. None of the other Heroic stats do anything for casters.

• Increase the values of the Heroic stats on the caster augs so that we get the same amount of total useful Heroics as the melee augs. Hopefully in combination with adding HSta

• Add Spell Damage and Heal Amount to the Left Eye of Sul. It's a caster aug, SD and HA go on caster augs. SD and HA are why I camped augs in TBM, they really should be on an end-game caster aug.

• Add HCha to the melee augs. Because why not? Might as well give everyone the stat that does nothing.
    Yinla, Sancus, RPoo and 4 others like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

The higher the Heroic CHA you have, the higher the chance of getting the best loot from named mobs and raid chests. Also I have found the higher my Heroic CHA is, the faster I get petitions replied to. Which is why I always make sure I access the petition link in game with my magician instead of my monk.
    Sancus, Axxius, Eaiana and 2 others like this.
  3. Siddar Augur

Those caster augs actually only have two usable heroics compared to four on melee ones and one of the caster heroics is lower then all the rest. So 35 usable heroics versus 75.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  4. Iila Augur

HCha is acknowledged as worthless with the inflation of it on TBM gear. Everyone gets +50 HCha on every slot, but suddenly the +12 or +20 on these augs is supposed to matter as much as HDex?

23 useful heroics on the caster eye, compared to 52 on the melee eye. There's a reason why our lists for the caster augs is so much shorter than the list for the melee augs.

12 HCha on the caster eye, while the melee stats are +14. Is HCha so much more powerful than dex/str/sta that it has to be lower?
  5. Brudal Augur

Maybe if endurance regen was gained every 25 points like mana regen instead of a combined 200 the stats would make more of a difference.
  6. Kezik Lorekeeper

Swapping the Hcha for Hsta would be a welcomed change.
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Do it right Daybreak. Switch Cha for Stam on the Caster Augs.

Do you have any clue how your own game works or have most of you just checked out already?
    Iila and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

IDK I heard heroic charisma affects chest drops. True story.
  9. Thraine Augur

And it would also lower the rate at which casters bid on melee augs

*edit*
    Opps i guess i skimmed that paragraph lol
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I am afraid that it's just an inside joke among the devs to get a laugh at the players. "Hey let's load up TBM gear with Hcha since it's completely worthless but maybe they'll think it's actually of use and start wasting time maxing it out! LOL ROFL!" or something along those lines.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Your tears sustain me, sir.

The above lame jerk aside, shm/nec do tend to get the shortest end of the stick on these augs lately, eh? It started with Hero's Calling and went from there.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  12. Triconix Augur

I know of a few necros starting to stack more mana now because of their ever growing mana problems. Stacking hp for them seems kind of pointless. Even in the group game my necro is losing mana at such an incredible rate with the a combo of to cotf, tds and tbm raid gear. I still stack hsta but I'm considering making a few swaps.
  13. Bobsmith Augur

To a necro hp is mana, among other things. The "melee" Aug is really the every other class other than priest and mage/wizzy. And yes charisma is pointless. But hey it is my second highest stat at the moment, so I guess I have that going for me if they bring back vendor faction :p
  14. Thraine Augur

those HPs sure look nice on magelo tho ~
  15. Bobsmith Augur

Although some will recall the red dragon scaled Aug being "caster" other than it was highest AC tank shield Aug for a minute. I still get hate over having one of those. So I guess development thought train on Heroic stats on Aug has been borked for some time.
  16. Makavien Augur

They have at least went the direction of heroic combinations on most augments .
  17. Xinj Journeyman

Haven't you figured it all out yet? These people are clueless about this game. =D
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The high End on caster augs makes no sense either.

Ideally they should have 4 types of augs, priest, pure caster, tanks and melee DPS. But alas we are down to 2 types of augs so for the priests and casters more than half of the stats are useless, while the pure melee only find the mana on their augs useless and hybrids find all the stats are beneficial.

With regard to Hero Cha, fix it or get rid of it, don't care which.
  19. Siddar Augur

They should make each point of heroic int give one point of spell damage, each point of heroic wis give a point of heal amount, and each point of heroic cha give a point clairvoyance.

Every 100 points of heroic cha should also increase chance of a clairvoyance proc by 1%.

Then remove all three of the above stats from from non aug gear.