Haven't played in forever lvl 44 ranger needs help

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Lucretius, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Lucretius New Member

The title says it all.
    I haven't played EQ in a ton of years. Any help on what for good gear/weapons. I have some odds and ends (Fungi Tunic/Cloak of flames/ and some other lower end stuff). I have a little plat left (65K). What do I need???

Also some help on what the current hotzones are, or where/what/how to level up to start AAing.

Thanks!!
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Level appropriate defiant gear easily obtained from the bazaar. Anything you have in now is junk most likely against defiant.
  3. clark53 Journeyman

I know this is a few days past the original post but here goes. Talk with Franklin Teek in PoK for the hotzones and also some armor tasks for your level. There is a vendor over near the CR stone that sells non-visible stuff that does not cost too much at the lower levels. Remember to loot everything and sell to vendors.
  4. Pizacatto - CT Augur

First, bookmark this page: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:hotzones
    Second, bookmark this page: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:directions
    Third: Go buy a merc, your choice: tank, healer or DPS (caster and melee). This is done by talking to the guards in PoK, so you get to pick the race and class of the merc.
    Fourth: Go talk to Franklin in PoK next to the Guild Lobby door, get the level 45 quest (for Goru'Kar Mesa)

At level 44, go to Goru'Kar Mesa from the Crescent Reach stone, or in the guild hall, buy the stone and teleport there. Kill, kill, kill. Once you kill the mobs you need for Franklin's quest, you get some XP, some plat and a piece of equipment of your choice: Back, Shoulder or Waist. Your Cloak Of Flames will have about as much haste as the waist item, so get the waist item first, then the back piece, and shoulders whenever.

Don't buy the defiant gear. You'll be leveling so fast, you'll out grow it and it could save you some cash. If you can buy a full set for less than 1K in the bazaar, I'd say go for it.

At level 51, you can start purchasing AA's. I'm no expert on this, but some common sense ones are: Run Speed, Endless Quiver, Headshot, and some others to boost damage. One of my alts is a ranger, but I am by no means an expert on them.

Good luck and WB.