Haven't played for about 20 years... Which server?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ignition, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Ignition New Member

Hey all, looking to jump back in and re-live some of the old magic.

Looks like I have 24/26 expansions, not sure which server to choose. (About 5 years ago I bought a pack which brought me up to speed with expansions but never started playing again)

I was on Xegony from memory and Cazic Thule I believe.

Do I try one of the new timelocked servers? Any recommendations? I don't want to use my old characters I want to start again from lvl 1.

From Australia, any Oceanic based servers?

Thank you
  2. Ignition New Member

Just checked each server all my toons are gone which is good. Based on other posts here it looks like FV or Mangle are going to be the best ones to start on as a born again n00b. Any advice would be great. Thank you.
  3. Jordis Augur

Try Emarr, lower population but a lot of active people and guilds of all types.
  4. Xanumbik Augur

If I had to pick a server as a brand new player and not wanting a TLP I would pick FV, a larger population and tradeable stuff not available on other servers.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  5. Eestwind99 New Member

6. Runes Augur

Hi Ignition, your timing coming back is really good as a few new servers will be launching in a few months. Between now and then, to dust the cobwebs off, make a new character on Mangler, as soon as the server stops crashing and relearn the 1-65 game again just in time to join the new communities that will be leveling on the new servers.

I tried a few servers as well on a return from a long time away recently and was surprised at how active and big the leveling community is on Mangler. You will not find it hard to get a group. You will have a more difficult time on the live servers as they are so far ahead of you so starting on Mangler will get you ready for the new servers.

have fun