Have to log in twice to the forums

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Uxtalzon, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Uxtalzon Augur

Says it all really. I don't save login info mostly because these forums are so bad (try editing a post, for example) so I punch it in manually.

But now, I enter my username and password, hit enter/sign-in button, and it just refreshes the screen and I have to enter it again. THEN I'm logged in. Not entirely sure why that happens, but anytime I have to log in twice I get paranoid.
    Raptorjesus5, Stickietoes and Cazmac like this.
  2. hakmer Augur

same issue here also.. i have remember me checked and still have to log in twice.
    Cazmac likes this.
  3. Shrubery New Member

I ALSO have this issue, its not big but it does get kinda lame after having to do it MANY times lol
    Cazmac likes this.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

Same issue. It was okay for a couple of days but now the problem is back.

Same issue. It was okay for a couple of days but now the problem is back.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Elricvonclief Augur

This is happening daily for me.

While not a huge issue, it is irritating.

Two to four attempts to log in to forums. Every single time I try to log into forums.
  6. Melanippe Augur

7. Ratbo Peep Augur

8. Cury Elder

Same issue.
    There is probably a front end system that gets the initial request for access to the forums. Authentication happens there and you are issued a token. The initial system(s) then talks to the forums-servers (deeper into the SOE environment) on your behalf and should be presenting your already-granted authentication token, but there is probably something broken in this "pass-through" authentication so the initial token you received isn't being accepted by the downstream servers, which then causes another auth-prompt to the user.

Pretty common. Or they may not have the SSL-affinity correctly configured on their load balancers, so session don't remain sticky on a particular server (less likely, but a possibility), or it could be something differently, similar :)
  9. hakmer Augur

after trying the tls 1.0 fix in 404 error threaed the double log in issue cleared up also.. may want to try that. it's just checking a box.
  10. Cazmac Augur

I have exactly the same irritating problem.
  11. noclue Elder

I have the same annoying problem, not positive but I believe it started after all access started.
    Always wondered if it's working as intended or a glitch.
    Cazmac likes this.
  12. Xeladom Augur

Same
    Cazmac likes this.
  13. Morgoth Elder

Me too. Pls fix.
    Cazmac likes this.
  14. Sarkaukar Augur

Control Panel, Internet Options, Advanced Tab. Scroll down. Is TLS 1.0 checked or unchecked? SOE IT may have made some changes on authentication route. Several players were not able to log into the game due to this. It may have also affected the website, particularly those who use Firefox or Chrome.
  15. Yara_AB Augur

Disabling SSLv3 solved the issue for me. If you are using Firefox you may want to install the addon from Mozilla until they distribute the FF version with SSLv3 disabled. I already mentioned it in another thread: Fix for the (4-404) Error with Launchpad
  16. Geroblue Augur

I have the same problem. Installed the SSLv3 from Firefox. I'll log out and log back in to see if it fixed it.

No change for me. I have Firefox 28
  17. Riou EQResource

Dang, Firefox main line is on 33 already :p
  18. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Also have same issue, using most recent version of chrome.
  19. Naugrin Augur

Same thing here from pc and phone. It was better for a few days but it's happening again now.
  20. Geroblue Augur

I don't upgrade just because there is a new version out. It could be an upgrade that fails.