Hates Fury - Anniversary Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Thraine Augur

I wasn't aware i was defending him ... interesting lol
  2. Ruven_BB Augur

While you will never make everyone happy, I totally cracked up when the tank shield that dropped from the raid isn't flagged as a shield. I originally gave the attempt from DBG a C-, its a strong D now.

Check your work, stop delivering substandard material that obviously hasn't been reviewed or checked.

Ruven
  3. Makavien Augur

Does it fit in primary slot ? That could be the only reason I could see it not being flagged a shield so I am curious?
  4. Iila Augur

It's a secondary only item with shield in the name. But does not allow bashing or inserting shield-only augs.

Shieldness requires an additional flag to be set, beyond just being a secondary item.
  5. Leex Pewpewer

I don't understand why people think the anniversary events should be easy, you say it should be able to be done by everyone, but they have more then a few anniversary events that meet those parameters, like the Gnome Race just to name one.

These items that drop in the mission, are some of the best in game and some are the very best in game, why should that be made easy to obtain?

You can state " It's an anniversary event" all you want, but that doesn't mean it should be easy, or that everyone should be able to beat it. Why? Because it loses the "achievement' feel when you dumb everything down.

BTW! Those of you who block the buff/debuff ( mist ) are completely cheesing the event.
  6. Zamiam Augur

gnome race really ? yes any lvl 1 gnome can do it If that person has an available toon slot on their main server and IF that person has hero's forge enabled because the reward for said Gnome Race is an Award that is only claimable for someone with that feature.. not everyone has it .. I dont .. and im not a Raider , but ive been playing this game sense 99 and have spent 20k or more yes (20) RL money on this game sense its inception to the public. Yet I dont get anything for playing for 17 years and spending my money oh wait scratch that i get 70% xp bonus only exclusive to me oh nm everyone gets that .. they should have had something for the 17th anniv for everyone to enjoy groupers/raiders/solo'ers ..its an anniv to celebrate for all involved ..

if your celebrating your 15 year wedding anniv do you just buy something for yourself and not your wife to enjoy ? I hope not or you will not be making it to 20 ..or sleepin in da dog house ...
  7. Battleaxe Augur

Gnome Race really.
    and 70%xp

for those that can use either of them. And a raid for raiders.

So it isn't the case that they threw a party and only (some) raiders got anything. In fact without that raid I would have gotten nothing. <- Max experience for a very long time, doesn't care about alts/my alts !> your main, has enough armor ornamentation.

It pains you because you won't get the bestest item? Um if you don't raid you very probably don't have the best items either.

You'll be getting nothing??!! Dang - they should hand out Commemorative Coins or something.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  8. segap Augur

I have no problem with the raid itself and like the concept of creating extra raids. That said, the priorities are wrong for anniversary content. They should have first created something like most past anniversary missions with a useful reward for both group and raid players. In keeping with the TBM itemization theme, perhaps a +40 to all heroics type 5. Then, if they had time, worked on something like the Hate's Fury raid.

The gnome race is useless for the majority of players. For me, anything that involves in game drunkenness gives me motion sickness. I don't want the heroes forge either. There is nothing I have any desire for on the anniversary merchant. I already had 200+ unspent tokens from last year. Getting more from the group clear of Hate's Fury is just an annoyance that pops up on my cursor in the middle of clearing out a train of mobs.
  9. Derd Augur

You don't need a available slot, ftp make gnome, use mains to help ( you won't make basement alone) trade reward to any account. Both items are tradeable
  10. Zamiam Augur

you do need an available slot if all 14 slots are taken or however many you are allowed.. and yes they are tradeable , but if you dont use hero's forge then it negates it being a REWARD
  11. Zamiam Augur

so your saying that groupers got nothing and only reason your happy is cause you raid .. nuff said thank you for proving my point
  12. Leex Pewpewer

$20,000.00 and you don't have access to HF?! .....o_O bs much?

Even if you really don't have access to HF, you can still get the items to sell.

Sounds to me like you're just upset you aren't getting raid loots, tbh..Typical casual.
  13. Zamiam Augur

just because i dont have it doesnt mean i couldnt get it.. just means it doesnt float my boat .. im not into armor decor .. just as im not into housing decor .. i have houses but i dont go decorating them ..
    and the 20k is the cost of 7 accounts over the last 17 years with 17 years worth of expansions and all the sony/DB cash plus krono's .. it also includes 3 computer upgrades over the years..

typical raider response
  14. Battleaxe Augur

Nope I'm saying:
    Gnome Race
    70% exp
    raid
    farm Commemorative Coins and buy an item http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=46622

Everybody can get something. Depending on their circumstances/chosen playstyle not everybody can get everything nor do they necessarily appreciate what they can obtain.
  15. Zamiam Augur

all the anniv past has had something for everyone to get why should this year be any different .. name one year besides this one that didnt have something for groupers .. granted i'll agree that there have been years that raiders were left out but at least you could of gotten a group reward ..

I could list each and every Anniv from 5th thru 17th but instead i'll just insert a link
    http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Anniversary
  16. Triconix Augur

There's literally nothing useful for a grouper to get.

Gnome races - How does a clockwork ornament provide benefit anybody? They look different. Big deal. Unless the clockwork ornaments provide some defense from monsters, I don't see this as being a relevant argument for anniversary content.

70% exp - How is this anything unique compared to the multiple exp bonus weekends/weeks we have through the year. We're celebrating the anniversary of this game, not some random holiday where they boost the exp values. This provides minimal benefit for all people.

Raid - How does this provide benefit to the grouper?

Look at the past anniversaries. There were missions/tasks that gave benefit for all people. Last year we received a top 3 aug in the game (at the time) and still is the best-in-slot charm aug. The mission was easy and everybody could do it. We also received a cool life tap clicky, a POK port with a quick recast, a cure clicky, a trophy, and an illusion.

15th - group hp, mana, end regen clicky (horn), pet to reduce food/drink consumption, food/drink summoning clickies, clicky nuke, clicky SpA 162 mitigation ability. Plus we got one of the best augs in the game. Raiders got a bonus aug from raid and current expansion currency and current exansion gear. Everybody got multiple useful items.

14th - Top 3-5 aug in game at the time from group missions. Groupers also benefited from current expansion group gear.

Do I have to keep on going? I think you get the point. There's literally nothing useful for the grouper right now.Then again, I shouldn't assume because we all know how thick you can be.
    Imrahil, Hiladdar, Yinla and 5 others like this.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Your combination of too much logic and common sense combined does not compute with He Who Shall Not Dual Wield, sir.

Them groupers should be content to plow the instance for hours upon end for those tasty 19 commemorative coins they couldn't already farm at all prior to this year~
  18. Triconix Augur

Common sense is an uncommon virtue, unfortunately.

The raiding elitism is just sickening sometimes.
  19. Thraine Augur

we are pretty lucky we got anything at all ... maybe we should just be happy the game is still going
    Battleaxe, MrMajestykx and Leex like this.
  20. MrMajestykx Augur

refer to my prio post before lumping all raiders in.