Hates Attraction Changes

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by BoingyBoing, Sep 27, 2015.

1. BoingyBoing Journeyman

Was this intended to have such a big impact on the raiding game?

SKs lost an 18k hate generator.
    SKs lost a hate generator that was often used during kiting, making us worse at kiting single targets.

I absolutely don't need the fling part to work, but the hate portion should still land.

The fact we had to pay 160 AA to get the 50% aggro we lost from VOT back isn't great either, but I'm less concerned about that.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

It would be nice if they would at least make our taps faster casting so we can get them off without being interrupted. At least then we can make sure we have the hate that cost us all those aa's just to bring us back to where we were. This would also allow us to more effectively get our taps off uninterrupted seeing as how we are supposedly tuned around being able to self heal.
    Xeladom likes this.
  3. Brohg Augur

Anecdotally, Bold Attacks has been a heck of an agro boost for both knight classes. Can't speak to kiting, but it was super apparent in the hate meter of tanked bosses, plus reports from afterhours farming.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

Actually, it was no increase in hate for sk's at all due to them lowering the vot hate to compensate.
  5. Drakang Augur

It was a hate increase if you did not keep VOT on all the time. With a 15 min duration it was always more of an oh I need a bit extra on this fight. Never really had issues holding agro without it unless mob was getting burned hard.

HA change impacts a lot. Several events it was nice to be able to move a mob around. And we are forced to return to dredge on a routine basis for powersources where there are few if any mobs that it will work on.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. teduke Journeyman

Totally agree on this. I don't care about yanking a named mob out from the across the zone, but I dang sure should be able to get his attention and position him once he is here.
  7. Tigerak New Member

I have no idea what smart head create that stupid design to add cap to lvl 104 for HA. Just have no words explain, how am mad. Most hateful class by dev ..They still continuously ruin that. Anyone can explain me how use it in top tier zones for players lvl105, where 99% of mobs overconed. It become absolutely useless junk ability with 23 ranks in that spend. It even not useful in solo/group environment what i love to do in TDS zones . Why 104? Why not 70, 100? To many why... Why not let it stay where it was for years. Ruined very useful tool, what we not only using for pulls, am personally using many ways to pull, and not care about pulling side, even it one very important also, It useful for positioning mob at raids, bring back running NPC,spiting, quickly bring timed adds.. way to many use... How i can gonna use it now if i cant use it against even equal lvl mobs? Is devs reading posts there? It rage around HA nerf already. Can they explain design caping that? Explain in public post, plus names of devs who made that "Fantastic Improvement" to game-play ...
  8. Repthor Augur

i agree with this not only should the hate amount still apply to hates attraction but it should be added to divine call aswell but also it should gain the aggro lock mencanic that warlord grasp currently has cuz with the changes to both hates attraction and divine call they are totaly worthless now and thats just sad
  9. Phyros-InverseLogic Augur

What I don't understand is why didn't they just adjust it so it didn't work at Level + 3 or something?

Or even Flag it is not working on raid mobs?

just super annoying now.
  10. josh Augur

This is the thing that actually bugs me about it. If you are gonna make my ability essentially useless, the least you could do is remove it and refund me the aa's.
    Xanathol likes this.
  11. Tigerak New Member

Agree. For god sake, any devs can make bright answer, why i ever need that, now useless ability, if at lvl 105 player cant use it with even simple trash in TDS zones.. I not gonna repeat how sadly they broke several different uses of it, specially at Arx raid events. And..as i learned in life, general principle doing business with customers is "make them happy". I sow over week how many ppl just very unhappy what Daybreak did with patch. If players with classes not affected keep silence, it not mean everything ok, and give a power devs, to ignore negatives, from inputs, inputs from players, who play actually classes, what being ruined by that called "fine adjustments" made as they believe themselves, for "great improvement in game-play and happiness of players.."
  12. Razorfall Augur

This.

Both abilities are absolutely useless for current content. It was just another quick and dirty fix instead of putting some real dev time behind it. And it may be that the devs intend to change this further down the road when they can allocate more time to it, but nevertheless it is lazy as hell.

Seriously some of the solutions they come up for stuff just baffles me. Just look at Corpseflower's Assonant Binding.
  13. Tornicade_IV Augur

well I was trying to return. cant log into server and what i considered a fun aa. loses its fun part.

simple mob flagging would of been the proper reaction to this. but why fix the content when you can nerf an Ability.

seems like i didnt miss much on my recent hiatus.
  14. Drakang Augur

Used it more for positioning mobs than for pulling. And positioning raid mobs that got loose or needed to be moved was a huge help.
  15. Razorfall Augur

I would like to hear the dev's reasoning behind the decision to nerf it this way. Not why it was nerfed, because I can see why it needed to be nerfed: it was being exploited. I just want to know why they imposed a level cap instead of something else.
  16. Razorfall Augur

Looks like the hate component will be patched to still work even if the fling fails. Not the fix that I would like, but at least it's not completely useless now.