Hate / Fear bosses need tuned.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Windance Augur

My guild decided to go back and get hunter done for some returning members and the bosses here are noticeably more difficult than they were when TBM was released. The bosses are white con at 110 and have some huge damage mitigation or HP scaling. Really noticed it on the golems & dracoliche. When TBM was out it was a challenge to get the mini drakes down. Now we rip though them but draco takes 2-3 times as long.
  2. Sagarmatha Augur

Perhaps you and your guild needs to be retuned. Every time you point a finger, three point back at you. When ever I see, "(X) mob is too difficult," or, "(X) class is nerfed," it's usually a case of "PLAY BETTER."

We love Everquest BECAUSE it's difficult, and sometimes impossible. Find another MMO pushing two decades that's not, "pewpew win <see WoW>," and try to make the same argument. Everquest is obviously doing something right.
    Osu112401 likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

To be fair, I don't think the upscaling of raidbosses in pohate/fear is intentional at all, seeing as they disabled upscaling from all the other HA's.

Its probably an oversight by DBG. I doubt DBG expect people to beat raidbosses tuned for level 110 players, for level 105 raid-loot. There has to be some risk versus reward consistency.
    svann likes this.
  4. svann Augur

I think you misread the post you replied to. He didnt say "its too hard, cry". He said its been tuned up and doesnt seem like it is scaling correctly compared to other stuff in the same zone. Disagree all you want but your post reads like a strawman.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Rickate Augur

Level 110 is intended, capped scaling at 105, the mobs are red cons until you out-level the expansion.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Yep, the con is probably the correct one. OP is complaining about the raidboss having a lot more hitpoints than usual, though.
  7. Windance Augur

Sagarmatha - Please go test these raids vs other TBM raids. You will see that PoHate/PoFear bosses are tuned higher than they were when they were released.

The intent of the post was to ask the dev's if the scaling was to intentionally make the first two easy raids harder than the T1 TBM raids ?

I expect it is OMG too hard for a TBM raiding guild to go due, since these events now require 2-3 times the DPS so the progression of the easy T0 PoHate/PoFear -> Vim & Vigor -> etc so no longer viable.
  8. Windance Augur

I thought most of the raid bosses were max level + 3 or +4

I'll recheck against vim and vigor.
  9. gotwar Gotcharms

Can confirm both Hate and Fear bosses have significantly more HP than they did on release.

Can't give an exact # but the last time we visited Maestro (post HA changes) he had over a billion HP. I think pre-HA change Maestro was closer to 650m?

Not a world ender but definitely off from what it was at release. No idea if that's intended or not.

FWIW this was brought up right after the scaling changes. Can't remember if it received a response or not.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Hmm, you might be right, iirc even EoK raid-bosses are blue cons at 110, and pohate/fear is supposed to be "low-tier".

I can't imagine that it is intended to scale upwards in difficulty with player level, as the loot is still only level 105 raid-loot. :confused:
  11. svann Augur

I think I remember plane of fear/hate was designed as a heroic adventure so that would be why it is scaling to your levels. Or did they say they were reverting it?
    Jumbur likes this.
  12. Windance Augur

Due to popular demand they scale up to the max level of the expansion they were released for.

People were still doing dead hills tasks over and over and over for XP and EQ devs had a hard time getting the scaling to work with the xp
  13. Warpeace Augur

Hard to say because they have made that zone such a hot mess with changes lately. Its a raid zone, no a group zone that allows mercs. Oh lets make it scale but the gear is still TBM entry level so reward is poor vs effort.
  14. Zunnoab Augur

Cazic was always wildly disproportionately tuned in TBM-era Fear, but if things are scaling up when they shouldn't that is clearly a problem.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No they're not. Only one of them is, that I know of.
    Jumbur likes this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Haven't done hate/fear in a long time due to hours in the day and just not being worth it.

But if the content scaled up that's broken based on their patch notes from a few months back where things should not scale beyond the level it was when it was new.
  17. fortuneteller Augur

If I should come with a very wide open guess, it would be that it is an effect from when HA things were changed, and the HA were out of balance, and they just not been corrected as well.