Hatchet the Torturer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ishtass, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Ishtass Augur

Some friends and I have been doing some DSK clears for 2.5's, and in doing so of course have been clearing Hatchet the Torturer. Hatchet holds 1 of the 4 AE negation items, and everywhere I have found says that his body (not the chest) will drop upon death 6 of these items (Shrunken Head) per clear guaranteed. Both times we have killed him so far, his body has poofed immediately.

After the second time, I petitioned explaining what happened, what I expected, in very clear and concise details. I included the killshot with timestamp from the logs so that they knew where to look when investigating.

Long story short, they refuse to reimburse items that have rotted (regardless of the fact that the body poofed immediately). They said they cannot find that he was even killed in the logs (either server logging is terrible or they are putting zero effort into looking). I'm pretty peeved at their lack of effort and willingness to work with me on the issue. This doesn't speak very well of their CS team, when I'm trying to shed as much light on the issue as possible and they keep closing the door.

Can anyone confirm that his body is supposed to drop the items each time? Is there anything you know of that can cause his body to poof? GM's said that it can happen if the body contains no items, or if it was killed by an npc or a charmed player (which was not the case).

Thanks.
  2. Straahdx Augur

I remember someone posting the same issue with OMM in CoA. They said something about there not being enough people in the zone or something, I don't remember for sure. Could be the same bug?
  3. Szeria Elder

You'd have better luck killing orc until you get a head than to expect CS to be helpful even in the tiniest way
    Viltaire likes this.
  4. Ishtass Augur

Yeah I heard about the OMM issue but I've soloed him in the zone and didn't see it reproduce. I think we had 1-2 groups in zone for Hatchet.

And you're right, I might have to do the rare drop camp vs raid kill. Just annoying since we would have had 12 drops by now, but instead have to spend a lot of time camping if we want to negate the AE, which isn't a big deal I suppose.
  5. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

my only thought is he may have died to a dot.. its been known to happen that when mobs die to dots the corpses can poof.. another thing you may want to watch is when did he die, did he die during a charge? or when his HP should have been locked? could have cause an issue..

The only thing i can think of that would make the kill not show up in the logs would be him dieing to a dot. maybe less dots next time?

hope that helps,
    Ishtass likes this.
  6. Mykaylla Augur

Heh, this one, at least, is reproducible.

Hatchet's corpse poofs if you kill him too fast. Assassinate et cetera, or just plain big hits from modern high-level DPS classes can take him down too fast for his old hp locking script that you utilized the series of traps to overcome. If you outDPS him during a stage when originally, at level 70, you could not, his corpse will poof and you'll get no blockers.

While I don't know how carefully the CSR that responded to your petition looked, it's possible that they were looking for confirmation that basically results from that final script trigger, and since it wasn't there ('cause too much DPS, you're all OP!), they said they couldn't find it.

Park your monk, tell the rogues and zerkers to take a nap, and solo him with a cleric- I guarantee you, you'll get the blockers every time... at least for now- maybe in another 20 levels, cleric DPS will be OP enough to bug out a Demi script. ;)
    Ishtass likes this.
  7. Liliana Augur

Yeah this happened to me when using decap zerkers. I camped them and beat him down normally Next time with my Monk using the traps and everything works fine. Was pretty obvious to me what happened, your bypassing mechanics. Now that I don't need blockers anymore I just decap the out of him and move on.

Decap has trivialized Hatchet and mayong. Bard shaman monk zerkx2 = mayong dead in less than a min, poor guy can't even get a dt swing off
  8. Dzarn Developer

I've gone ahead and flagged Mata Muram and Hatchet the Torturer to always leave a body so this should no longer happen.

The fix should go out in the next full patch.
    Eaiana, Skuz, svann and 16 others like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Could you also make Adrianna (in the Roley event) unkillable or insta-respawn (like Researcher Breoro in the HoT Lower House mission)? We were helping a guildee with 2.5 the other night and accidentally killed her and blew the event. :(
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Liliana Augur

Tris Wallow too :( kill her so many times on accident
    She needs to be under 10% before she transforms to human so that you can land cures, but the second she hits 10% boom killing blows all over the place
  11. Axxius Augur

Yeah, ditto. But at least Tris insta-resets when killed so you only waste a minute. But Roley already takes a while cause nobody brings a bunch of different melee dps to collect the stakes. And Adrianna requires getting her to lower and lower hp each time, so when she wants to be at 10% it's hard not to accidentally crit or something. And then do over the whole thing :(
  12. Liliana Augur

Hehe I just use monk on Adriana and let Decappers keep Roley perma grounded. With monk/zerkers/bard I'm done real quick
  13. Ishtass Augur

Much praise sir, tyvm
  14. Ishtass Augur

Just as a side note, afaik we followed mechanics like they were meant to be. I'm fairly crummy dps and there were only 2 of us on Hatchet. We did the traps at the appropriate intervals (when getting to a locked hp amount, we could only get him maybe 2% below the locked amount). But who knows, maybe we were still too fast. Thanks to Dzarn I don't need to find out :)
  15. Dzarn Developer

I've also gone ahead and added an HP lock to Tris Wallow III and Adrianna so they can no longer be killed. If you get them to 0% they'll just remain at 0% since they're not intended to die anyway.
    roguerunner, Tanulie, Candara and 8 others like this.
  16. Voth Elder

Dude, stop making the other devs look bad. Go nerf rangers or something.
  17. Gragas Augur

Fix the zone lag in Evantil while raiding, random flinging of people into the middle and you would be like a God among developers.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If he fixes the Evantil achievement so it is beatable and doesn't need luck, he will be loved for a long time!
  19. Beezelbub Elder

Hey now if he fixes everything then what will we have to complain about...the forums would die out.
  20. Mykaylla Augur

My least favourite event in Demi (and it has to go and drop BOTH cleric weapons and the priest 2.5 age)- boring as all get-out for a cleric, and I can't do it without help. WTB the ability to use a wooden stake. :(