Hasten spawn issues since Velious Launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EQOracle, May 24, 2016.

1. EQOracle Journeyman

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with Hasten spawning. From what I understand Hasten shares a spawn cycle with 3 other NPC's (a drake, Brother Z and the Unkempt NPC) with an approximate 6 min respawn. Has this changed at all? I have been camping off and on to do the JBoot turn in and while I never had an issue in the past as far as doing turn ins on my other characters, since Velious launched I only rarely see any of his placeholders. For instance today I have seen 3 a drakes and none of the other known ph's in a 3 hour camp. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thank you.
  2. Chuuk Augur

While I can't speak to your specific scenario, I do know that while camping hasten numerous times, I've let one of the mobs slip by my radar and thought I missed it. I once saw Bro Z pop and I followed him around...he walked quite a bit of distance up near LR zoneline and everything. Took about 45 minutes from start until to depopped...so perhaps you just missed a few PHs and let them roam the zone?
  3. Mwapo Augur

Nah, something is definitely messed up.
  4. Gortar Augur

I killed him 5 or 6 times on LJ since Velious. Camping brother z :(
  5. EQOracle Journeyman

I generally watch track like a hawk so I do not believe a ph slid past me but of course it is a possibility. I just do not know if they made the spawns random or if they simply added more placeholders. This is on the Phinny server btw.
  6. Gortar Augur

I haven't played on phinny, but the Rathe on the TLPs is the revamped Rathe. Meaning HG hill is by Feerot zone line and the froggy city is there. So from Feerot you go right to HG hill. There are 2 spawns there (I believe). The third spawn is way over near the Lake Rathe ZL (I believe). Either way, there are 3 spawns and they can spawn "A Drake", Brother Z, the Druid guy, or Hasten. They spawn every 6mins 40seconds ish.

I tend to not bother tracking, I sit in the path they always walk and kill them as they come down or /target Hasten. Good old school methods!
  7. Baka Journeyman

Was killing giants on Phinny two nights ago for maybe 2 hours and last night for about 3 hours, tracking always up on "normal". Only saw placeholders (which were killed almost immediately). During this time, the placeholder spawn skipped multiple times. All but one spawn was "a drake", the other was Maldyn - no Brother Z and no Hasten.
    Annoying for the people who were hoping he would show.
  8. EQForumAcct Augur

no problems here.
  9. Urshulgi Augur

Love that getting the items for jboots can take less time than finding Hasten up :p
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Have to agree with this original posting. Something is pretty odd about the Hasten cycle. He still exists, cycle is 5 minutes on TLP servers as opposed to the ~6 minutes it used to be. But it has been skipping placeholders. Sometimes you kill 4 or 5 PH's in a row as normal, and then go about ~30 minutes with no PH at all. The PH spawn location has always been slightly random, but in my experience always in the same general area by the HG area. One possibility to me is that the skipped PH's are spawning in some odd, faraway location and they then despawn after about ~20 minutes as normal. Then a PH shows up in the normal area 5 minutes after that. Definitely has extended the expected window to camp Hasten, spent about 4 and a half hours the other day. Way longer than I'd ever had to spend before.
  11. Morgen Elder

Just got the Hasten spawn today, although it seemed like PH wasn't there for a while.
  12. Baka Journeyman

Seems to be working now - spawn cycle does not seem to be skipping and Hasten shows up.
  13. Zugzuug New Member

i confirm ph repsawn is messed and not reliable ; sometimes 6mins sometimes nothing for one hour :
    it almost impossible to get brother zephyl to spwan in such circumstances; hasten does spawn though as he is not that rare but in the last 2 days BZ didnt pop even once .
    The problem is not that he would nt spawn i think ; its just very difficult to get a regular chain kill of the ph s as they keep disapearing .; plus remember that for the monk epic BZ needs to be wearing the robe ; so right now its probably easier to win Euro millions.
  14. good post maker Journeyman

You need a tracker, you are missing a PH/Spawn and he roams through the zone and depops - which takes forever. I camped this guy for 3 hours and it was like clockwork.
  15. Kiani Augur

It looks like there's a new PH that wasn't there before, possibly more than one. Look along the roaming path and kill what you find there.
  16. Tulgin Augur

Maldyn the Unkempt
    a drake
    Brother Zephyl
    a grizzly bear

Sometimes the bear is killed by hill giants so it appears to "miss" a spawn. Respawn time = 4 minutes.