Has Anyone Seen Luck Aug or Ore in Eastern Wastes Raid Instance [Defenders of the Tomb]?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morigaine, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Morigaine Elder

I know that rng can be pretty rough on rare drops, so just wanted to see if ANYONE has seen the hardened destiny or diamondized ore drop in the EW T3 raid instance since it unlocked? I have cleared it and another friend cleared it as well and neither saw any ore or aug. One of the other instances had launched with broken drop tables so figure its worth asking before investing any more time in a possibly broken drop table.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

How many mobs are there? I didn't see many in Beta when we were doing all kinds of stuff (I'm not sure they were there either in Beta)

We have folks doing WW without a drop and that's over 90 mobs in instance. So it's quite possible that you wouldn't see one in two EW runs.
  3. Morigaine Elder

40-50ish. I completely agree that it could be rng as I have seen a couple clearings of WW not yield any either. Was just hoping for someone to confirm they had seen them rather than investing more time.
  4. Mesil Lorekeeper

Cleared all of EW raid instance, no drops whatsover, no luck, no old ore, not even tradeskill drops, all mobs were empty.
  5. Drakang Augur

Careful until they fix it. A loot lockout on that event seems to block loot being in the chest on raid win.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

I wan to clarify terms before I ask:
    A loot lockout means you got a drop from trash mobs.
    A raid lockout means you beat the boss.

Did you actually get loot from the trash mobs?
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Not exactly, if no one has loot lockout on request and you beat the event without touching trash you still get a loot lockout with the raid lockout.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Not so. I have raid lockout right now for ST but no loot lockout.

And last expac I often did raid one night and came back next day for trash farming.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If no one in the raid has a loot lockout you get a clean instance that can drop items from trash.

The moment you kill one mob, everyone gets a loot lockout.

If one (or more) person has a loot lockout and you get the raid (no one has the raid lockout), then you get an instance where nothing can drop from trash, and no one gets loot lockouts going forward. Then you can go back the next day and farm trash.

Assuming loot lockout function is active on an event, the only way you don't get a loot lockout is if someone else already had one from farming the trash before raids.
    Svann2 and Sokki like this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok I always get that wrong. Thanks for the correction.

But doesnt that still imply that for drakang to have a loot lockout that blocks chest that he must have seen loot drop from trash at some point? He couldnt have even done the raid if he got a loot lockout from another raid.

Did he really see loot drop from trash, or how would he know that a loot lockout blocks the chest?
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I don't see it now, though It a saw a bug about EW ToV raid not dropping a chest, thought that's what he was talking about.

But maybe they just didn't see the chest, who knows, chest isn't where you end up after beating the raid and clean up script happens, you have to move back over to the chest.
  12. Drakang Augur

Does not matter if you get a anything from trash or not. As soon as you kill anything in a raid instance you get a loot lockout. As long as you are in that instance you could still get something from the trash. If somebody with the loot lockout gets the instance then nothing will drop from trash.

I have done multiple raid instances and gotten no drops or only bricks and no luck augs. Best case I have seen was 5 luck augs in one run of WW but have also done WW and gotten nothing. So really random and muck lower chance of drop than TOV was.