Has Anybody Here Seen The Shadiest Swashbuckler?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Shang Augur

Most guides make themselves non-trackable.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  2. Pwning Lorekeeper

As someone who has busted their for years tracking down and acquiring a ton of the rarest items in game, stupid crap like this really pisses me off. How about you use your time to make worthwhile content for a change, Devs, instead of adding party tricks that ruin things that add color and character to a game thats 15+ years old?

I'm proud that I've collected things like moss covered branch and twig, a bunch of sceptres of destruction, salindrite daggers, sorrowsong boots, tinkerer masks, earthshakers, pre nerf CoS, an Oakwynd, among a slew of other stuff I'm forgetting... and now some lazy plat-buying, or krono-selling tool is going to potentially have a chance to by brand new, ultra-rare items.

Fix my guise of the ancient gods if you're seriously planning to crap all over other legendary items. May as well devalue anything cool.
  3. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

Boohoo.
    Vizier likes this.
  4. Lisandra Augur

Says the guy who's been trying to sell that Oakwynd for months on FV! LOL! You're just mad because they'll make it even less likely for you to be able to sell the stuff you over paid for & can't offload now.
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

If the devs are going ahead with this, they should make these items NO TRADE and put a label in the item name to distinguish it from the original.

Shady Sceptre of Destruction
    MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE PLACEABLE
    Class: WAR CLR PAL RNG SHD DRU MNK BRD ROG SHM BST
    Race: All
    Primary Secondary

etc, etc.
    Gythlen, Melanippe, Dances and 3 others like this.
  6. Pwning Lorekeeper

^ Do your research, thats not me. There's two on FV, one is mine, one (not mine) is being sold. Good try though!
  7. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

PM'd devs to request NO TRADE flag and additional word in item name. This solution should satisfy all sides. Open up utility (Troll illusion). Keep the prestige (Shady Firestorm Cape from Firestorm Cape). Further the plat sink with NO TRADE.
    Mysl and Nennius like this.
  8. Riou EQResource

Before guide events did ornamentation's they used to reward Artifacts on half the things they did.

It is available on Test server.
  9. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

I like how everyone in here is automatically assuming every item they want is on this vendor. This is a laugh riot
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Riou EQResource

Yea, only 2 items are known so far and they are both bad :p (Don't get your hopes up)
    Dances likes this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

What are the two items ?
  12. Riou EQResource

13. Torriadore Elder

How much was the vendor charging for said items?
  14. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Imagine this nightmare scenario (assuming quantity of one or low quantity or quick depop timer):

Firestorm Cape (All/All Troll Illusion - Only Troll Illusion Click) confirmed on Marcia.

*Dozens, if not hundreds of players, withdraw or buy the hypothetical cost (5 million pp)?

30 bots in North Ro
    20 bots in Butcherblock
    etc, etc.

Say Firestorm Cape has 5% chance of appearing. So roughly once every 20 days.

People miss raids/ignore groups. Marcia spawns. Spam click. (Devastation of camping a mob for 1-20 days+ only to lose or miss out). Griefing. Verbal Harassment. Incentive to cheat/hack. Chinese/Indian sellers sell characters/accounts with Firestorm Cape.

This would be a hundred-fold worse than VT, NToV (when Bow of the Destroyer mattered), Cragbeast Queen, or Grieg Veneficus. As busy or busier than brand new Fabled mobs, Stonewood Bow Staff (when PoW was released), or Hardcore Heritage.
  15. segap Augur

I agree with this. If some of these items are to come back again, please distinguish the new ones from the old. I have two ancient items which I am the original looter of. They're a sense of pride for being part of that history and I'd rather they not have their lore cheapened.
    Melanippe and Dances like this.
  16. Gnar Augur

Ok I may have found one problem with this. My guess is this is soe's way of taking plat out of the system. The way this is set now you can sell the vendor your old collectables like manastone and circlet of shadows. If i put them up for auction it would take forever to sell them but the vendor pays 63 nobles for the manastone and 90 for the circlet of shadow. People will be rushing to sell. I just put little over 15 million in plat back into the system and you know with more plat like that kronos will jump up from the already inflated 900k to 1.5 million or more, making plat even more worthless. Dont get me wrong i like the idea of putting old items back into the game but the high resale to vendor is going to cause issues.

I think a better system would sell rare no drop versions of the items and other no drop items and the vendor not buying back anything. Also dont limit the amount the vendor is selling that day, just make it allways switch around what it has in stock daily. This way your taking plat out of the system in huge chunks all the time.
    Gythlen and Dances like this.
  17. Rafather Augur

1 item per day is a horrible idea SoE, specially when people are going to buy it just to buy it. Good way to tell us all that when a plat exploit is found to abuse the heck out of it right away.
    Terminat likes this.
  18. Riou EQResource

30 Noble (3.3 million plat)
  19. Preshus New Member

Looks to me like a way to get some plat out of the economy.
  20. beryon Augur

Where do you find her?