Harm Touch bugged on TLP servers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dooby dooby doo, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Dooby dooby doo Elder

Current - Harm Touch does about 1,100 damage. It says it gives a DOT but it does not, and it does not refresh when the Shadowknight dies.

Current - Lay on Hands does like 30,000 heal over time, on top of it's initial heal, and it refreshes when the paladin dies.

I am sad that Harm touch is bugged... Can we please increase the damage and make it refresh on death like Lay on Hands? I don't see why these 2 abilities would be so drastically different. They are supposed to be the same power level. 1 Class gets a damage version and the other gets a heal version. They should not be this drastically different in power levels.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Dear Paladins, I'm sorry for what he has potentially done.

OP do you really think SKs need a buff?
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Machentoo like this.
  3. Raltar Augur

They intentionally nerfed Harm Touch on TLPs until Gates of Discord. If you read the description, you would know this.
  4. Dooby dooby doo Elder

I think Harm Touch should definitely, at a minimum, do more damage. We can only use it once every hour+ and it does about 1100 damage... Wizards and mages are nuking for 1800-2000 damage at the same level.

Why was it intentionally nerfed? The dot part I could see as not being classic... but 1100 damage??
  5. Machentoo Augur

It was intentionally nerfed because once upon a time, not too long ago on progression servers, Trakanon died to a hail of SK harmtouches before he even rendered on peoples' screens, the very instance he spawned, because every guild had leveled an army of SK's to secure victories in contested content against other guilds. If they buffed HT up, you would see similar shenanigans again on certain mobs, even with motm.
    NoWay likes this.
  6. Lednat New Member

I understand why it was nerfed, but I really think it could be un-nerfed (at least somewhat) well before GoD. It should start scaling up to it's full power after Velious or so. The leech touch line hits for a lot more than it during PoP and there are a bunch of other class AAs or even regular nukes that do way more damage.
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

It's nerfed because it trivialized everything. The Forum-Questing over the videos of VS/Trak dying instantly was intense. GoD makes sense because you could cheese most content pre-GoD on TLPs.
    Going off this list: http://www.raidloot.com/AA.aspx?name=harm touch&class=ShadowKnight
    If you un-nerf it in Velious, an HT does ~9k damage, a raid of 54 SKs would do 486k damage, more HP than most raid mobs have then. I forget what the Velious motm % is and I'm doing lazy math and this is just for fun anyway. Most stuff in Velious is 200khp anyway iirc.
    If you un-nerf it in Luclin, an HT does ~20k damage, a raid of 54 SKs would do around 1 million damage.
    If you un-nerf it in PoP, an HT does ~27k damage, a raid of 54 SKs would do almost 1.5 million damage.
    GoD mechanics start to actually exist, so it's a logical spot to un-nerf it. That all being said, it'd be really fun to see HT hit squads go after old content. It'd be like pre-nerf manaburn fun.
  8. Numzan Augur

Yup another request to nerf another class, HT used to be in classic. They couldn't scale it down or resistant on Boss mobs?
  9. Aegir Augur

I kinda miss those Harmtouches, the mobs did, when Phinny was back in classic/kunark era.
  10. Lednat New Member

It could just be gradually un-nerfed leading up to GoD. As it is now on TLPs it's usable through Kunark but then becomes a compete joke Velious and onward.
  11. Ryak Augur

You can't possibly be seriously suggesting people would assemble a full raid of 54 SKs.

I'm not even sure theres 54 SKs on most servers.
  12. Risiko Augur

When you do a HT on a raid mob, it adds a spell effect to the mob. I don't know if it is a dot or not, but the fact is, it does it.

I was under the impression that as long as that spell effect was on the mob, no other HT could damage the mob. Am I incorrect on that?

If that is the case, then there is no way an army of SKs could take down Trak if they upped the HT damage back to where it was previously due to the fact that you can only have one HT affect a mob for any given amount of time.
    Rhodz likes this.
  13. doah Augur

I hated HT people would get 2 SK's in a group and kill Verina Tomb before anyone could engage really.
  14. Rhodz Augur

See you have violated the first rule of EQ development, you used your brain.
    Bad person you
    Risiko likes this.
  15. taliefer Augur

You are incorrect. As many SKs can HT a mob as there are SKs. Only 1 dot from harm touch can be active however. I think the dot part of HT is disabled on TLPs for the first couple expansions
  16. Kahna Augur

Oh they would. They change is in place because people DID assemble massive SK armies. PLing boxes is easy, especially when all you have to do is hit a single key on each one and the mob melts.
  17. Risiko Augur

If that's true, then why not just make an effect of the DoT be that no other HT can be applied while it is active? I know the spell icon shows up on the mob on TLP because I've done it on my SK on raids. The DoT may not be ticking down, but the spell icon is on the raid mob.

If a dev wanted to re-instate the damage of HT to original, they could use that DoT to not allow another HT while it is active on a mob.
    Scruff likes this.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

You're probably thinking of Mana Burn.
  19. taliefer Augur

who knows why the devs thing, and trying to figure out the reasoning behind the method of how they do things is an even bigger headache. i know the icon shows, but it does not stop the direct damage portion of multiple harm touches landing. pretty easy to test if you are so inclined.
  20. Kahna Augur

I am actually pretty sure it did, for a short while after SKgate, but they changed it back. I even seem to recall a post about it at the beginning of Ragefire. The Devs stepped into that post saying they wouldn’t be changing it back, but if anyone tried any SK shenanigans like they did before the reaction from the devs would be swift and painful. Everyone took them at their word it seems, since if there was ever a place in recent history that had the potential for an SKgate repeat it was pre-motm Ragefire. No one tried it though.