Hardest/Softest ToV trash mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Runcible, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Runcible Journeyman

Purely anecdotal based on how much mana I have remaining after a fight, how long the fight lasts and how much I have to help out the merc healer take care of my pet during the fight. I play a mage.

My opinions are:

Hardest

The spiders in Velketor's Labyrinth. These things hit hard for spiders. Honestly most stuff in VL is pretty tough, I was just surprised by the spiders.

The skeletons throughout the Eastern Wastes. To me, these are some of the hardest hitting lvl 113s I can think of.

The "animals" in Eastern Wastes. They don't hit particularly hard, but there are just so many of them and they all agro each other regardless of type so it makes finding a good fighting spot difficult.

Softest - Not trying to give the Devs any ideas, but just compared to other mobs.

Shadows in ToFS. These fights rarely had me worried at all.

Armors in ToFS. Maybe it's my imagination, but they seem to fight slow.

Restless Orcs in Ry Gorr. These are my goto for grinding aa's or bloodying earrings.

What are your thoughts?
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Velks mission trash in the basement. Combination of density and they seemed to have way more hp than static zone mobs.

I've died on 6+ pulls more than once clearing that instance, boxing though.
  3. Nadisia Augur

Same feelings about the skeletons in general, not only EW.
    I'm maybe wrong but they seem to hit a little bit harder than the other mobs.
    It's the same in GD: the skeletons soldier model, those with armor, in front on the coldains NPCs cave for instance, seem to hit harder.
    About the same in ToFS 1st floor : the sleeping skeletons seem to hit harder than the drolvargs.

And I don't know if I'm unlucky in general, but I find the Kael giants a little bit strange.
    They don't hit really hard in general, but their damage output is a little bit random, and sometimes very spiky.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Any of the mobs in ToV that you can stun/bash...those are the easiest mobs.

Between my SK tanking and my cleric meleeing/bashing, I can keep a lot of mobs locked down and they barely get a hit in.

I'm all for bashing and stunning having a useful place in combat, but I think it's a little too good in this expansion.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

Giants are the toughest with their big knockback ae dd effects, and immunity to stun.

Weak con spiders in Crystal Caverns are the easiest :)
  6. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

The toughest? Well, a reinforced giant seems pretty tough for trash. The ones lumbering about in front of Kael. They parse around 52M hp's. I even might have to cast an aegis on my pet fighting them. The other one which can be fun is the bats in TOVS. 6th floor I believe. Now the bats are nothing special, they're pretty much chumps. But when you kill one, 2 vamps spawn. That makes for an interesting fight when you molo.

The easiest mob I've encountered was one in the GD. It was a shivering carcass. The undead female mob wearing a dress with a hood. All she did was cover her head and take a beating. She didn't target my pet. My pet stayed at 100% the whole time. There was nothing in the mobs target window for the entire beating. It was kind of sad watching her take a beating without fighting back.

Other than that peculiar mob. The easiest one in TOV was the restless minor types in CC. They don't put up much of a fight.

With all that said, there really isn't a trash mob in TOV that's hard by itself. Add's make for an interesting time depending on which mob type you get when moloing.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The spiderlings often come 3 at a time though, I suspect they are linked.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

But they have so few hitpoints, they die in like 5 seconds. One good AE and they're all dead.
  9. svann Augur

Nice when you get 3 silks off of a spiderling pack.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Yep, if my rune can keep me un-interrupted, then I don't have a problem with them, getting a fourth regular spider-add is kinda dicey though.
  11. Kelset Elder

Full group T3 geared Level 115 Paladin with maxed combat aa's and two Velks spiders one rounded me. I'm guessing they had a lucky round but my vote for hardest trash goes to them :)
    On the flip side, I regularly have 3-4 orcs and Grik on him with no issues so they're probably on my easiest list. CC spiders are probably in that vein as well and I'll start paying attention at pulls over 3.
  12. bortage spammin lifetaps

I think the velks spiders do a nasty dot which probably wasn't helping things
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Nothing in ToV is particularly difficult with solid healers behind you. Mercs are THE WORST healers you can take into a fight. You would honestly be better off with a lvl 100 FTP box cleric mashing two heal keys than you would a healer merc. But people seem to really love their mercs enough to put up with the absolute crap healing they dole out.
    Conq and bortage like this.
  14. svann Augur

Nah, just a shortage of real healers that want to join pickup groups.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Try logging in with a Dru, Cler, or Sham and LFPUG.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Purely anecdotal:
    I feel GD is the easiest. Followed by EW.

Kael, the giants have lots of hps but are not too bad.
    Velks is not that bad but the pathing is hell so you end up tanking 5-6 instead of 1-2 in other zones.
    ToFS depends on the floor.
    I thought floor 2 was (due to mobs hasting each other) far more difficult than it should have been for floor 2.