Hardcore Players TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ASDAprice, Jul 16, 2018.

1. ASDAprice Lorekeeper

ok, so the hardcore players are starting to post more and more and they are all asking for the same thing.

Much Slower XP rate
    Nerf things (melee inate AA)
    Take out the AOCs
    slower respawns on named
    higher lockout times
    more keyed zones

There is more I'm sure.

If you are a casual... you have your servers go play on them. No one will force you to play on this one

DBG give us our server please.
  2. Febb Augur

Spell Book in your face.
    Corpse runs.
    Old UI.
    Crash bugs.
    Servers constantly crashing.
    56k dialup.
    Wife yelling at you cause your using the phone line and she needs to call her mom.
    Original VP keying process but the ground spawns only spawn on server up and don't spawn again until the server reboots which will only take a little bit since they will be crashing often.
    Data is not saved on server crashes so roll back all that time you spent leveling.
    Snakes kick again!
    Lets make it truly classic guys!
    Dilf likes this.
  3. Elskidor Augur

Actually it seems like most are complaining about the exact opposite in a dozen threads a day.
    Nolrog, discordkitty and Miss_Jackie like this.
  4. snailish Augur

I was sad when this was changed.

[probably in part from being in a progression guild (before servers did that for us) that was called <Kicking Snakes> cool guild that (like nearly every other progression guild on regular servers I have heard of) imploded when content goals of the main core diversified from the first artificial level cap of 52.]
  5. Hateseeker Augur

Daybreak is increasingly taking steps to recreate 1999 EQ, what with the golden idol nerf, various spell nerfs, and the confirmation that removing focus effects and more and more could actually be on their mind...your list could be on their list too. You never know.

Possibly not serious but I think a Pantheon dev actually said he'd code that in when he had a chance -
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

P99 is your poopsocker's dream server.
  7. Machentoo Augur

No they most certainly are not. One change that partially nerfs an increase they made in 2016 is not taking things back to 1999. There have literally been a hundred changes on the TLP's for every change that has reverted things to 1999/P99 like.
    Bankheadd likes this.
  8. Lantherion Elder

Funny enough your server already exists, its called project1999. You don't play there because you're not hardcore enough.
  9. Adrienna New Member

Remove the magus and disable origin.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

Not sure why people are asking for P99, it already exists.

Maybe go bug the P99 admins for a fresh server.

Oh wait...can't milk gullible casuals for their krono on P99.
    Rhodz likes this.
  11. Critt Augur

lol nice one if you can find more than 5 people asking for this you should all go play on P99
  12. Nolrog Augur

This is a poor attempt at trolling. I give it a 2/10 because I am feeling VERY generous today.
  13. snailish Augur

I like origin. I would be fine with it not being available until PoP (when the travel cat is fully out of the bag) but I am also fine with it in from the beginning.

Magus... this (to me) is one of the examples of something they did better vs. numerous attempts along the way (firepots, OT Hammer, Luclin Spires, PoK stones, gate to PoK items...). When LDoN magus come in could be debated a bit (again not really giving anything away allowing them at PoP).

What I would love to see is an expanded magus system, maybe add a prefix:

Academy Magus: In [West] Freeport can send you to Qeynos. A.M. in Qeynos can send you to Freeport. Maybe you add a few more destinations in this loop as time passes, but only Freeport Magus connects to all destinations --the destinations connect back only to Freeport.

Heretic Magus: In Toxxulia can send you to Qeynos [Catacombs?] (would be a great benefit to Paineel Erudites), East Freeport and maybe Steamfont.

Kunark Magus: (Kunark Froglok model) in Lake of Ill Omen connects to a safe-distance spot from forts in OT and FV.

Velious Magus exists in the translocator to Iceclad

Luclin has the spire system (launch time could really be reduced though...)

PoP obviously has the books... allow LDoN Magus, could add a Planar Magus in PoK that sends you to the Freeport, Toxx, Kunark head magi. In a game with origin, no reason head magi can't send you back to PoK too.

OoW has the Discord Magus (PoD) and they've given other newer content access via AA, portals in old zones and such.

It could even be a quest unlock to use each of the Academy, Heretic & Kunark Magi. Something a level 5 would spend 2 hours doing (not necessarily killing rats).
    Adrienna likes this.
  14. Groans Augur

Hes trying to troll me because of my casual server post, maybe when he has to go to work every day his opinion will change:)
  15. Numiko Augur

you forgot disable maps and original UI!

[IMG]
    snailish likes this.
  16. Simollardes New Member

best thing about this is half of these things they would implement would be gone by the 6mo mark of server (unless you wanna go full bore and have expansions release same # of days later as was on Live)