Hardcore Heritage 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jun 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]Tough challenges, awesome rewards!

It's on! Time for Hardcore Heritage to return and for you to feel the heat. These challenges once again won't be easy, but you'll surely be handsomely rewarded for your efforts. Everything begins today and ends on July 5, 2022 at 11:00 p.m. PDT.

For anyone new to Hardcore Heritage, popular zones from the early days of EverQuest get ramped for higher level characters to earn some sweet, sweet loot. If you can make it to the end, that is. [Insert echo-y, evil laugh here.]

Here's the zone schedule for this year.

Phase 1: June 1 to June 21, characters at a suggested level of 80 and up can cross over to the dark side in Blackburrow, Cazic Thule, and characters at a suggested level of 85 and up can take on The Ruins of Old Guk, and the Estate of Unrest.

Phase 2: June 15 to July 5, put on the new, fancy loot and head to Crushbone and Permafrost if you're at a suggested level of 90 and above, and then head over to The Castle of Mistmoore and Nagafen's Lair if you're at a suggested level of 100 and above.

We're also turning things up to 11 in raids in those zones again. Engage the more challenging Emperor Crush, Lady Vox, Lord Nagafen, and Trakanon.

Here's the raid schedule for this year.

Old Sebilis: June 1 to July 5, if you're at a suggested level of 105 and above, Ruins of Sebilis beckons and wants to see if you have what it takes to survive. Once that's done, the denizens of Trakanon will call your name to see if you dare to earn the finest, even greater-er loot.

What challenges will you overcome and what awesome loot will you equip? We'll know soon enough. Good luck!

Be sure to follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
    Hobitses, code-zero and zleski like this.
  2. zleski Augur

Running to Bloodfalls sure will be tricky! :)
    Lubianx, Velisaris_MS and minimind like this.
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

You need like:

Plane of Fire HH, lvl 115-120
    Ent => C1/Phoenixes would be 115 tuned.
    F2 & C2 would be tuned for 120
    Raid bosses in each area tuned for the respective levels.
    Hobitses likes this.
  4. Accendo Guest

Dates and wording adjusted. Event ends on July 5, not July 7, and listed levels are suggested.
  5. blood & gufts Augur

does that mean that you need a minimum amount of 11 ?
    So is this updated in levels or just the versions from years ago ?
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

No.. they're just trying to use flavor text to spice up the announcement.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

That's some sage advice.
  8. Hobs Elder

It's time for some new HH zones and raids. Old Seb is somewhere around 5 years old now. Most of your active player base on Live servers has little to no interest in this beyond possible clicky farming. A single group can do the first 3 raids and Old Seb Trakanon is supposedly broken according to a bug thread.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

While I enjoy these events, it's a bit much to be waiting a full year to score fabled/darkened/etc loot on an alt that will replace it before the event is over. They're also disruptive to lower level players trying to do epics/etc. Not to mention they have historically brought out the worst in people who can monopolize an entire zone.

Longshot, but can we get these on a tighter rotation? Base-base-Fabled-base-base-Heritage every 6 weeks maybe?

Bonus if there's an instance giver at the entrance for alternate versions.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't understand why they even need to "flip" these zones during HH. It's what...9 zones? Just have the higher level versions available all the time as a separate zone, but the only way to access them is an NPC that appears at the entrance to the normal version during the HH period. Hail it and it says something like "Do you require a more difficult (challenge)?". Say the trigger phrase and it sends you to the higher level version. Once HH is over, despawn the NPC.

That way, nothing ever gets disrupted (quests, epics, etc.).
    Arkanny, Yinla, Stymie and 2 others like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they don't want us to access them all year round, I really wish they would run the HH along side the normal zone, so lower levels aren't disrupted.
    Hobitses, Grove, Dre. and 1 other person like this.
  12. Warpeace Augur

A reasonable request...that has gone on for years and been ignored.
    Hobitses, Grove, Dre. and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.