Happy New Year (Insert crazy idea here)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smakk, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Smakk Journeyman

I, like most everyone who reads these messages, really likes playing EQ and is looking forward to new adventures, either on an existing server or a new rules TLP server. Instead of endless discussions on what a future TLP server will have in the way of rule set, wouldn't it be cool if DBG gave paying customers that ability!?!

I'm talking about buying a private server from DBG and running it has an admin. Buy a server for say $500 a year, people could log into it has you (the owner/operator) sees fit. You want to run a classic FTP server that only goes to Velious, done. Want to run a FV style server that gives away epics for completing a weekly hidden quest, do it! Hardcore PVP server that rewards you 10k plat per kill token you turn in, I'm in. You want to exactly replicate P99, but think you can do it better, try...

I mean, the possibilities are truly endless, you could tweek exp, plat, drops, zones, anything. Truebox, not truebox, hell why not a private server that encourages bot armies. Or one that uses MoTM on every, single, mob.

Anyway, this seems like an easy revenue stream for DBG to tap into. Word of mouth on social media from people running the servers would increase the player base. That's my 2 cents for the year...
  2. Jontrann Augur

This has been done before on private servers and its a TERRIBLE idea. Just go look at the eqemu server list and you will see how fractured the servers are. There are about 50+ servers listed and only 5 of which have more then 100 people playing on them. Also LOL at wanting to play on a server that's ran by a PLAYER, cause you know, eq players don't cheat or anything right?

If daybreak ever did this it would absolutely wreck the community.