Happy Birthday EverQuest!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Phathom, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Abazzagorath Augur

Any chance there will be some SC promos/sales on LoN stuff?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Bruddarr New Member

There was no mention on the 14th anniversary tasks. When are these going to be unlocked in the game??
    Atali likes this.
  3. Zarie New Member

Happy Birthday Everquest!!!
    It has been a wonderful 15 years,
    Thank you all EQ friends for encouragement and group help and pushing me onwards.
    Thank you Big Gnome, and all your followers :~)

Zarie
    Originally Rodcet Nife merged with Quellious and then Povar
    Gyurika Godofwar and Phathom like this.
  4. mogur Journeyman

Sorry if I missed it, but I haven't seen a definite post about what level the new PoW will be. Hope it's not just another 100 level zone. :(
  5. Phathom Champion

POW should be 85+

More clarity: this will be a high level zone but there will be some 85+ content such as in a mission, etc...
  6. Falos Augur

Just posting for confirmation, but plane of war is being tuned for level 85's? So the named mobs are being tuned for like 2 groups of level 85's or 1 group of level 100's?
  7. glitchen New Member

i was looking for some response to the questions about dbl exp...please just state what exactly is going on with it and not be vague. i saw a earlier post asking if it stacks and doesnt stack with exp pots and such but no reply....its never been stated before in this way..its usualy hey guys its double exp weekend..enjoy. this time you say it in such a vague way just making players wonder what the bonus actualy is...i personaly want to know before i buy a exp pot if it stacks or does the potion overwrite the bonus or is it just a wasted pot not doing anything.
  8. Abazzagorath Augur

Its stated this way because every time they have double exp people come here whining that it isn't double. Its a 100% boost to the base experience, which is double exp if you have no other exp modifier going on. Exp % boosts are additive.

Use a double exp potion or lesson, with the bonus exp going on you should be getting 3x normal experience (100 base + 100 double exp + 100 lesson).
  9. mogur Journeyman

In another thread, Dzarn (dev) said this:
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. glitchen New Member

actualy after some testing in a ha..the bonus does not stack with pots
  11. glitchen New Member

or lessons
  12. jowo New Member

Happy Birthday EQ !! :)
  13. Atali New Member

*would also like to know the answer to this question!
  14. Cordilya Elder

About 14 years ago, my husband and I were trying this new game called Everquest, and we were utterly entranced. They didn't call it Evercrack for nothing in those days. It was about the most compelling thing we'd ever experienced. It was hard to go to work instead of sit home all day playing the game!

Alas, the developers decided to upgrade the game, and they upgraded it to the point it was unplayable on our computers. We had to regretfully abandon ship. I think a lot of other players had to do that, too, at the time.

Everquest has continued to stay under our skin all these years. I tried getting back online about five or six years ago, and it was still too high-powered for my computer, and I crashed as soon as I tried to go to Kunark. Abandon ship again. :(

Imagine our joy and excitement to find out a few months ago that Everquest is still out there, still going strong, and now we can actually play it again!!!

We are having a ball, and it's like being reunited with an old, beloved friend.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EVERQUEST!!! So happy to see you alive and well, and so happy to be "home" again for your 15th anniversary!!!

And extra special thanks to all the people behind the scenes for whom Everquest is a labor of love, who have put up with all our griping and complaining and criticizing, and who continue to make the game fabulously compelling and addictive! :)
    Atali likes this.
  15. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Happy Birthday!

What an amazing thing for a computer program to go on 15 years!

IIRC, the first computer I played EQ on was a Celeron I had overclocked (hot rodded) from 266 MHz (0.266 GHz) to 350 MHz! Speedy!
  16. Atali New Member

Couldn't have said it better myself - ditto for my wife and I.

I <3 Everquest. Happy Birthday Nillipus, Mooto, Kizdean Gix, Fippy, Shakey the Scarecrow, Hasten Bootstrutter, and all of our other beloved friends! I'm so glad I was able to share in this history with folks like Cordilya.
    artofnoise likes this.
  17. Plushbunnie New Member

I have an odd question. I am new to this posting thing, and could not figure out how to start a new thread. Are there any plans for Easter? I think it would be nice to start introducing some of the Easter ornaments by drops about a week or two before Easter. Then have an interesting scavenger hunt for two weeks at Easter time.
  18. Plushbunnie New Member

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERQUEST. I am glad to be back in the world of Norrath, and see all the changes.
  19. Teslin Journeyman

Happy Birthday Everquest.

Last night I logged into my first server to see if my original toons were still there, and find out what my first day of play actually was (since I have long forgotten). June 6, 1999. First toon is still there and still a level 21 enchanter. She 'lost her corpse' many times. I remember that it took me a week and many crying sessions just to learn how to walk (can't say I am that coordinated even today, but, I am a bit better). I am still using 2 of the 3 names that were on that first server, on another server, but haven't played a chanter again.
  20. Ruok New Member

Thanks for the memories, EQ. Didn't sleep a wink my first night in the forests surrounding Kelethin. The highlight for me will always be going up against Pandemonium on TZ for progression kills in Luclin and PoP. Fighting up Sol Ro's tower to finally pull him, only for a Pande bard to high sun him when he was almost dead. No game will ever compare. Cheers.