Half Traps

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by valiantSeven, Apr 19, 2016.

1. valiantSeven Elder

For this achievement, my guild has now kept Emollious out of all auras completely, moved him into whatever aura matched his body color, kept him inside of the black aura the entire time, and moved him into the black aura but pulled him back out into the open (no aura) for every other color.

All of that, and we still have yet to get that achievement. Anyone know if it's worded incorrectly or broken?
  2. valiantSeven Elder

....Bueller?....Bueller?

If others are having trouble with it too, it'd be nice to know so it can be addressed as bugged or working properly. A lot of people seem to just have this achievement passively but have no clue how to actually replicate it, and actually trying for it the way the achievement reads produces no results. If anyone has any information or feedback it'd be very appreciated!
  3. Eanelder Augur

We attempted this achievement this week as well. Being just a "soldier" in the army I am not privy to all the strats and requirements for this, but I do recall our Raid Leader commenting that it was odd that we did not the achievement when he believed we had completed all the requirements.
  4. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

I believe we got this achievement when we actively used only two of the 4 auras - this scenario is missing in your description. When black stick him inside black aura, when red stick him in red aura, and for purple and green stick him anywhere but NOT in the purple or green auras (colors used just for matter of explanation).
  5. valiantSeven Elder

I'll suggest giving it a shot. I'll report back with whatever happens.

I wish the wording was a little bit more precise, because keeping him in one aura (or even no auras) is still preventing him from entering any two traps.
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I found a video of my guild getting the achievement. After re-watching I think it's probably bugged. Can watch video if you are so inclined:

Few things:
    - We didn't kill all adds before Emollious was up
    - First a warrior pulled the boss into each aura, when he turned that color
    - Whole raid started DPSing after all 4 auras were touched, we pinned Emollious in the archway and DPSed him there
    - When he turned black again, we tried putting him in that aura but took too long
    - After that we put him in whatever aura was his color
  7. Gundolin Augur

Sorry I have a better shot of answering the question about Voodoo Economics than giving an intelligent answer to your question.

Good luck. :)
  8. roguerunner Augur

Let me give you a hint: it should be renamed "FULL Traps"
  9. Brohg Augur

Confirm, the time we got the /ach was when I booped him all over the room while dps was off messing with healers.
  10. Ssdar Augur

Thanks for the tip! was thinking maybe this was the change, any insight into "All Must Fall" and "None May Fall"? they appear to be misrepresented too as we've burned down the adds both before and after they get the heal and buff and still no achievements recently. Got both at the same time once when we piled them all up and did an AE burn, but haven't been able to get them again even when repeating it exactly the way we got it the first time.
  11. valiantSeven Elder

This has to be it, because we just tried the only other combination we could think of (moved to green when he changed green, kept in black for every other color) and still didn't get the achievement. Will report back the following attempt where we'll probably move to every color.

These we've never had a problem with, just have a bunch of tanks positioned through the downstairs hallways and pick up everything that's able to be hit. There's a lot of stuff that will never aggro but all the stuff that will has to die before he spawns. You should get probably around 25-30 monsters in total if I remember correctly. As soon as they're in camp have the tanks go keep searching for more.
    Ssdar likes this.
  12. Ssdar Augur

Thanks for the response! I really don't know what could possibly going wrong then unless we're somehow missing a mob somewhere. We've tried doing exactly this and killing them as they go active, tried rounding them all up and waiting til they're all in camp for an AE burn, tried just about every possible way we can think of and finish well before the initial boss spawn emote and it still won't give it to us. When you do get these achievements do you get them both at once like we did the time we got it, or do you have to do as the achievement text says for "None May Fall" and wait until Emollious buffs them all? Do you get the achievements as soon as the adds are dead or at the end of the event? There are a lot of people in my guild still missing these two so we'd really like to be able to get them done for all of them soon. Thanks again for your confirmation that the achievements are still working and looking forward to any more information anyone can provide!
  13. Axxius Augur

I do believe that the achievements in this event are either bugged or awarded incorrectly. We got them all without even trying when we reached T2 soon after the TBM release. But now that we have some new people who need them, doing exactly what the ach text says doesn't yield the achievement. We are doing that event tonight and will try to do it 'wrong'. Maybe it's another case of Dance Dance Retribution...
    Ssdar likes this.
  14. Maedhros High King

From my experience, Half Traps is the only one that works correctly at all. We got the ACH for None must fall after we killed all the stinking mobs, but when we leave all the mobs up, we do not conversely get the All must fall. Pretty incredibly frustrating since there is no message that says "hey you messed up and can no longer gain this ACH when you finish the raid" but hey try again next week.
  15. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

The first (and last) time someone in my guild has gotten Half Traps is December 20.

The last time someone in my guild has gotten All Must Fall was March 7, we got None May Fall at the same time:

03/07/16 05:32:28 PM Your guildmate Lujayne has completed None May Fall achievement.
    03/07/16 05:32:28 PM Your guildmate Lujayne has completed All Must Fall achievement.

The last time someone has gotten None May Fall was March 28.

It seems like these achievements are definitely not working 100%.
  16. Tevik Augur

This is my shocked face. :rolleyes:
  17. Warpeace Augur

It works about as well as the Eye of Decay I improperly telling you in order to upgrade it that the eye awaits the Vanquisher of Vim and Viger. This should be Vanquisher of Wither and Decay I believe.
  18. Axxius Augur

All Must Fall is working 100% correctly.

None Must Fall is awarded for actually doing All Must Fall, i.e. they are both awarded for that.

Half Traps stopped working some time in January. Last time we got it for somebody was Jan 04, and it was just 1 person, i.e. everybody else already had it. None of the people who joined since then got it. There was a large patch on Jan 20 that fixed a number of bugs with achievements. Even though this event wasn't mentioned, I suspect something got changed in that patch.
  19. valiantSeven Elder

We just did Half Traps tonight (Tuesday, April 26). It worked by taking him around to every single aura he changed colors to.

We also got None Must Fall and All Must Fall by just having all of our tanks aggro everything that would come in the tunnels. We killed it all before Emollious spawned and got both achievements at once.
    Axxius likes this.
  20. Axxius Augur

Thanks, we'll do that next time.

We have never used all 4 auras, or even more than 2. Until Jan 4, we were getting Half Traps for using 2 auras every time. And then it stopped working that way. Looks like it was changed to require all 4 auras in the January patch. Then it should be renamed to All Traps, and the description needs to change as well.