Hadden in Qeynos Hills on Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kronotowin, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Kronotowin Elder

Leveling up a melee character, I've spent a lot of time in Qeynos Hills during off peak hours. Daybreak rules do not allow melee classes to farm their own Enduring Breath item pre 60. There are a couple farmers locking the camp down with alts almost 24/7 thanks to the 4-5 hour spawn time. An SK pops in every 4 hours, afk until his notification system alerts him. Hadden spawns, he engages after 10-20 seconds and in one Harm Touch, Hadden is below 50% hp, you cannot compete as a melee character pre 60. The other farmer is a 60 epic wizard too lazy to farm anything else.

Daybreak please explain how "DPS RACE" is viable on these essential mobs for underwater raiding? Shrunken Goblin Skull earring is another example. 2 damn Krono months into release? New TLP's should be their focus and when you point out blatant Krono farmers they send you an automated message and thank you for supporting a dying 20 year old game thanks to greed.
  2. Gio1999 Augur

Ask a bard or chanter to charm it and run/gate away.

Before you say it doesn't work... I got angry whisper screen shots saying otherwise.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's a popular afk camp for sure.

Best you can do is report or beat them.

If they're afk then you can try charming it away with a wand of allure.
  4. RandomStrategy Augur

Know a shaman? Get a few stacks of EB potions from them.
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

Don't forget Puppet Strings.
  6. fizzlesticks23 New Member

Or you can go farm plat somewhere else for an hour and buy an earring.
  7. Febb Augur

Or you can buy some enduring breath potions off alchemy vendors. Or have someone cast enduring breath on you or have a mage summon some breathing stones. I mean, it's not like that item is the only source of enduring breath. It's a huge waste of time to camp something like that when there are way easier ways of getting enduring breath.
  8. Midnitewolf Augur

This is exactly what I was going to say. Camping a single item isn't the only way for you to be able to do underwater content.

As to camping itself, I don't get why people are outraged out surprised about these sort of things. As soon as something has value, people are going to attempt to capitalize on it. The only way to stop this is eliminate its value. No Drop comes to mind but all that does is make it so you HAVE to camp the item and that isn't going to eliminate competition, rather it may even make it harder to acquire because now you don't have alternative means of getting it. For example, I hate camping so I almost always prefer to earn plat and buy the items I want in the EC Tunnel or Bazaar or whatever is available in fact I would love it if they removed the No Drop tag from all items. However if I can't buy it, then I am over at that camp, along with the other 100 players would prefer to just buy the item, competing against you for the item. How does that make things better?
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I remember experiencing this a ton on Ragefire. One farmer even tried to artificially regulate the price of all ears at something dumb like 2-3 krono, and people just got rebreathers or whatever instead.

Par for the TLP Toxicity course.
  10. snailish Augur

Avoid toxic camps is always good advice, unless you enjoy or can tolerate that.

As far as EB goes... it would be nice to be able to quest a fishbone earring out of Halas, just make it a notrade version.