Hadden (and respecting camps)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EchoFreya, Sep 29, 2020.

1. bardybard Augur

Bye Felicia!
  2. Captain Video Augur

I was thinking of OW, so yes, zone out and back in again. I don't raid on TLPs, I've said that many times before, so I can't speak to MotM consequences. Taking down Phinny in OW by chaining pets is quite straightforward, most groups will have to chain tanks with melee anyway, MotM or not. The trick either way is tanks holding aggro so he doesn't summon. I've read unsubstantiated claims that it's been done with a 3-box of level 60 pet classes on Live (which doesn't use MotM). As an aside, Phinny loses his MotM on Mangler once DoN unlocks, which is very soon.

And yes, the whole sub-thread is ridiculous, since it started when I was challenged on the claim that camping a 20-something named in a newbie zone just because he has an EB item was/is a waste of time, and the only counter-example is something you can't even attempt until after almost all classes have easy access to EB and shouldn't need to camp anything to get it.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Look, players have tried to change this situation since the TLP concept was first put into practise.

If the full amount of TLP players who objected to this behaviour for the past 5+ years have not been able to make it change what chance do you think you can make alone?

People are just telling you how it is now, here, today & you are sticking your fingers in your ears singing "nanana not listening".

Everyone is reponsible only for their own behaviour, if it happens to be the case that most players engage in behaviour that lies well & truly outside of the PnP as it used to be then that's the new reality, you can accept it, avoid it as much as possible or you can pointlessly flail around on the forums like you think you can make a difference when you can't.

Most of us just deal with it, that's what you should try.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  4. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

I've spent moments of the past few days looking into the progression of this issue, and I'm getting that 5-year picture clearly now.

No, I don't think that my singular voice is going to effect change, but if people who hate this kind of thing remain apathetic by just "dealing with it", nothing will get better because the issues go unheard.

Every time someone vocalizes an issue, there's a chance they will be heard. If those voices get loud enough, something might get done about it.

Consider this my drop in the hat. Keep speaking out against it. Eventually there's a tipping point.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well sure up to a point.

But beyond that all you do is emulate this guy:

[IMG]

(Don Quixote)
  6. jeskola pheerie

Close - another t-word though
    Loze likes this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Where's Atabishi to make note of these here Next-Level Phinny Strats?
  8. Captain Video Augur

9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Quotes a strategy from an emulated server with completely different in era boss mechanics. #gotem

hay guise you don't need enduring breath, just come back in a year when motm is off and pet tank it, ez
    jeskola, Ruhi and Loze like this.
  10. Captain Video Augur

Not sure what boss mechanics you're talking about. If you mean MotM I, then 40% damage reduction means, on the whole, 40% more people, which is more than offset by the incredible ease of gearing everybody up for it. The tactics are still the same. And it's totally beside the point, because a raid has absolutely no bearing on the statement I made earlier.

"OMG, CapVid might actually have a point, we'd better hurry up and change the argument to something completely different." I have mostly played Ranger mains, it's the class I know best; Rangers get EB as a spell at 20, so I would have absolutely no reason to personally camp Hadden.
  11. bardybard Augur

Jesus christ... yOu cAnNoT pEt TaNK MOtM Mobs
    Ruhi likes this.
  12. bardybard Augur

Phinny is not a raid boss either ... one groupable in Classic at lvl 50
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Let me know when you get done pet tanking Phinigel on Rizlona, the server being discussed here!
  14. Captain Video Augur

The OP's "incident" was on Rizlona, but OP follow-ups have been directed globally at all servers. I have responded in that context, as have other participants in this thread. The actual subject line of the thread doesn't mention a server. You must be the only one who read my statement about Hadden being a waste of time as being specific to one server. You are free to disagree with my opinion.

And there is a big difference between pet tanking and chain tanking with either pets or melee or a mix. I'm sure you know that already. Phinny is an encounter that requires chain tanking because of the summon. Are you going to argue with that too? #gotemyeahright
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

When you say "chain tanking" what exactly do you mean?
  16. Captain Video Augur

On the assumption that MT #1 would die, you send in MT #2 to take over aggro before pulling back #1. In this particular case, depending on the dispels, you might need a MT #3 waiting to go in for #2 as well. It isn't just a matter of healing MT #1, you have to recast its EB quick enough so it doesn't drown. Rinse (pun not intended) and repeat. This is distinct from off-tanking because if you're doing it right, Phinny is solo and there are no other mobs in play. If MT #1 loses aggro before MT #2 has it, Phinny will summon, and you're going to be down there a lot longer.

The reason pets can work in this rotation is because they don't drown, and you save both the time and mana of having to keep EB up on the various MTs. You still need to have pet MT #2 and #3 on standby; it is essential that aggro never moves off a MT, even for a tic. Maybe they wouldn't work as well with the MotM up, and as I said before I've never personally tried it that way, but I'm not sure those who diss it have tried it themselves either.
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

18. Chopsuey Augur

That was a good episode. Flash backs of Dr. Coxs' friend, Brendan Frazier wasn't it? Then it all hits when they're at his funeral. :(
  19. Bardy McFly Augur

[IMG]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    jeskola and Captain Video like this.
  20. Loze Elder

Well polished my hind bits. He's not even a mediocre troll. A good troll has tact and knows how to push buttons, Video actually thinks he's spitting knowledge. He's not trolling, he's just ALWAYS wrong.