Hadden (and respecting camps)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EchoFreya, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Leifer Augur

I too play on Rizlona and have had similar experiences as the OP. I have found that the VERY first /tell to someone in these circumstances can mean the difference between a pleasant and unpleasant encounter. Anything that can come off as snarky WILL come off as snarky. When you typed, "can I help you with something", you probably meant it as just a normal friendly hello. But someone is just as apt to read it with an emphasis on the wrong word, like "Can I HELP you with something?"

I would venture that most all of my experiences with something like the OP's experience can be resolved with a simple "/tell Hi There! How are you doing? Are you here looking for "XX" too?" Depending on the response, just keep it overly friendly and kind and almost always something is worked out like where you offer him a /tell when you have gotten what you came for, or if you decide to camp and give up.

Even the most bastardly person usually finds it difficult to be uncooperative with an extremely kind person. Not always, but most of the time. Don't expect people to be nice up front when they don't know you - its up to you to make the first kind move - even if you suspect the worst out of them.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

And then his 2nd instinct is to threaten him with a petition for not respecting his camp. Youve got a good point, tone is hard to convey across text sometimes. Either that or the OP meant it as snarky because they believed they had sole right to Hadden until they decided to give it up.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This guy is my favorite person on the internet. Thank you for keeping me entertained during the trying times our world is facing.
    Skuz and Loze like this.
  4. Machen New Member

We all wish you would actually do this and stop posting here.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

What if I kill a mob, bind at its spot, set a timer for its repop, then leave to do other things?

What if I gate back, some dude that wasn't there before, is now there and claims its his camp because he was there?

What if the 2nd guy then made a post about how someone stole his camp because he was sitting there and they werent?

Hmm.
  6. Machen New Member

Even in the old days when camps were respected, if you aren't sitting at the spawn, you aren't camping it.
    Elskidor, Wyre Wintermute and Skuz like this.
  7. Jimmy2times Elder

You are a complete donkey. Let me slow clap you. You sound like a little high school girl “he wasn’t breaking the ruuuullleeees”. Never ceases to amaze how EQ players are an endangered species and you all act like that. I don’t play anymore and haven’t for awhile bc the game is a joke now and this isn’t the only reason. This man was clearly and undeniably camping this. Forbid you have human decency and only operate by black and white.
    Duder and Elskidor like this.
  8. Fluid Augur

Odd note; it would be nice if we had a reputation system in game. So far no one has come up with one that couldn't be gamed. I mean if you had something where you rated encounters with other people equivalent to likes, people with multiple accounts would just automate the process and give themselves a million likes.
  9. Machen New Member

More importantly, everyone else will give a million dislikes to whoever the top guild is, whether it is deserved or not. (It often is, but not always.)
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The problem is that as far as the dev team are concerned he is correct that there is no such thing as camps, camps are a "player convention" and always were, on modern TLP the Play Nice Policy that used to exist & was enforced by GM's is defunct, void, no longer applies, Daybreak don't have the resources to enforce it any more anyway. Aradune & Rizlona have "experiemental / trial" GM support but that isn't there to enforce PnP either.

You can choose to respect camps & have a reputation for respecting others or you can choose not to respect camps & DPS race every mob you want & earn a reputation as being disrespectful of other players, but as far as GM's are concerned they don't have any reason to get involved unless someone actually trains you with the specific intent of killing you or they subect you to some other contravention of the rules they will enforce, such as verbal abuse either directed at you or about you in open channels for example.
  11. bigbadmac2 Gary {GEMc} {MEGONA}

hello ya'll just a note: eye surgery coming up middle of July now; son got a car so we set to get there. worst bit is getting 3 weapons' and stats so varied ( like the lion on old cartoons ) I'm so confused. lol ... reply to "welcome"
  12. bigbadmac2 Gary {GEMc} {MEGONA}

as far as mental health .... been there done that...chemical imbalance is "kno wenno"
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

No Bueno?
    Skuz likes this.
  14. yerm Augur

I too am moist.
  15. Hythos Augur

Kill-stealing is so prevalant, I decided to open a DZ on my own so I could check for named-mobs.
    Low and behold, some necro from <a large guild> came running past, dot'd & killed all the names and said 'l2p' then gated out :(
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Huh?
  17. Triconix Augur

How does one open a DZ and a random gets in without first getting an invite to that DZ? Are you talking about a pick zone? That's completely different than a DZ.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm as confused as the other posters about what you wrote here.

If you open a dz (presumably you had boxes with you) then that dz would have nobody else in it besides yourself & any boxes you brought in with you.

Did you perhaps instead /pick to another version of the same zone?

A DZ is not the same as a /pick

DZ - an instance requested from an npc such as the Agent of Change that is created for the members in the group/raid.
    Nobody outside of the DZ list may enter that specific DZ number (they all get a number assigned) and the DZ leader may add or remove players from the list at will within the player# limit of the DZ.

Pickzone - a load balancing measure that automatically allows the server to create a copy of the base zone when that base zone has more players than the static numerical "threshold" of players for that zone (or the sum total in base zone & open picks).
    That /pick command then allows players to move to and play in the copy zone - this is open to any & all players in the base zone or in a /pick of that base zone.
    Once the numbers in the base zone drop the /pick zones start to close.
    Stymie and Tweakfour17 like this.
  19. Elskidor Augur

Just no. No no. Likes, dislikes and even reviews are pointless for most things nowadays. Yeah, a bot army can change their reputation to whatever they want or impact innocent players negatively, just like they do with reddit, Facebook or hell, even Amazon or anything that can raise or lower positive/negative rating to however they choose. You can't trust any of that junk.
    Stymie and Skuz like this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

"The night was moist."