HA what levels?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Prathun Developer

Lost but Not Forgotten is a Heroic Adventure that takes place in LDoN geometry.
    If it was an LDoN. Dude. DUDE.

dude.

dude.
    We haven't created content in the LDoN system for well over a decade and magic 8 ball says we're not going to ever use that system again.
  2. Prathun Developer

3. EnchFWO Augur

Dude, where's my LDON?! starring Prathun.
    Roxxlyy and Prathun like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LOL too late now, kitty just hit 107. My progression is a bit all over the place
    HAs all done in CotF part from 2 Argin Hiz and Tower of ToR, Missing ToR and Argin Hiz progression
    TDS is all done upto Endless Song - I hate the zone so didn't get any further (will go back sometime)
    TBM done partisan working my way through Mercenary tasks, not sure on Missions, also flagged for the 2nd tier or raids lol.
    EOK done Lcenium, Droga & Frontier Mountains progression, considering risking the HAs soon.

For now ROS is a no go, we will see how I feel once I've done everything else! DON is more likely to be done before then, though there are a few fables I need to kill to get some toys part of a very long list!

i'm currently having fun mixing it up, a bit of raiding, a bit of tradeskill and a bit of old stuff with the kitty. And when I really get bored I have 2 clerics and a wizzy in the tutorial. LOL
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That's what i thought, not quite sure how we got from HAs to LDON.
    Prathun likes this.
  6. Quatr Augur

Thanks for the gory details. Now we know what your nightmares look like... ;)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Emphant Lorekeeper

Just cause I'm curious...could you still make an LDON if you wanted to? Why are HA's a better system. If I remember reading correctly somethign about HA's scale automatically but lDON you have to manually remake the adventure for every 5 levels?
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

theirs an old Dev post about how they created LDON's some where and yes it was very manually done for each level.
  9. Prathun Developer

I talk about it in this thread. :p But, yeah, each level bracket of the same LDoN adventure is a new zone with duplicated and modified spawns, encounters, NPCs, spells, treasure tables, item tables, and so on.

The process is time-intensive, the DB footprint is high, it's challenging to maintain, and the scaling isn't granular.

We could make an LDoN if we wanted to. We don't want to.
  10. Gana Augur

You crack me up.
    Quatr and IblisTheMage like this.
  11. Intenso Augur

just me or no gems drop in 19th ldon? for trophy
  12. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

Well Z my box team of all 105's did "In Defense of Health" yesterday and found it very difficult. It took me 4 hours and 3 deaths but I did finish it. I remember I did it once before the January retune and found it hard but I finished in 2 1/2 hours and did not die 3 times. I'm 2 months out of practice and just starting to play again but I definitely feel the difficulty at 105 post retune of the retune is greater than before the January retune so far as TBM goes. Even at lvl 105.

It was such a struggle it will take me awhile before I set foot in TBM again. The tank is 105 with 13500 aa's. I'll try again around 16000 aa's and see how it goes.
  13. Karthanon Augur

I missed out on LDoN - part of my life where I was too busy to work to play much, although I did a few of them. What happens at 105 if you go do a hard LDoN - does it allow you to do so? I never did see all of the dungeons, so it might be fun to go back and look at them sometime.
  14. jiri_ Augur

You get the level 65 Hard one, I think.
  15. Rickate Augur

Right, but that also means all aspects of the zone would be level appropriate. Instead with HA my Level 76 character took 50001 damage from Volley of Strife in the Liquid Courage anniversary event.

[42171] Volley of Strife
    Endurance: 2000
    Target: Single
    Range: 240'
    Resist: Lowest -900, Max Resist Chance: 25%
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 76924

I understand that tuning content is time consuming, it's almost like a job.
  16. Karthanon Augur

I guess if I'm bored at some point its roflstomp time!
  17. Gnomeland Augur

I'll take a guess as to why.

They have percentage modifiers for monster armor, health, damage, etc.

But either no percentage modifiers for spells, or they do have them but they aren't always used or possible.

Thus, a level 105 monster can be brought down to level 75 just by setting a single variable at run time.

But to bring down a level 105 spell to a level 75 spell, would require creating a new spell.

This is why a lot of the rare monsters are basically broken, when brought down to 75. But as long as you only kill normal monsters, it's okay.
  18. Prathun Developer

NPC spell damage in HAs should scale up and down at the same rate as NPC melee damage.

The spell lists used in Plane of War are attached to the 16th AV version and none of the spells are set up to scale and that's why [42171] Volley of Strife doesn't scale. We'll need to address that. Thanks for letting us know.
    Eaiana likes this.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

Dude.
    Prathun likes this.
  20. Quatr Augur

Back when HAs were first introduced, COTF HA spells didn't scale down correctly. It was a known bug and a fix was implemented a few months after the release. However, when I was leveling my Monk in the COTF HAs post-fix, I would occasionally get hit with high-level spells. Thanks to high resists, I never died, but it kept me on my toes. It was a couple of years ago and I don't know if it's still an issue in 2018. I'll keep an eye on it next time I take a low level (75-95) character there.