HA Scaling

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stageguy, Jan 17, 2018.

1. CrazyLarth Augur

next live patch will modify them to lower the difficultly .
  2. Fohpo Augur

Patch is hopefully tomorrow?
  3. Funk Augur

Been running various CoTF missions on Test server and the scaling fix seems perfect. Yes you will get less XP in CoTF as a 105 going back to finish up missions you are missing....but the scaling seems fixed. And you do still get some AA. Cheers to devs on the fix.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. melemayhem Journeyman

ya pple got their way, ha scaling going be reversed so lets see if its all about progression like pple saying, or weather as i suspect we just see lfg for dh ha again over and over again lol
  5. Eonan Journeyman

I decided to see how "hard" the DH HA's were last night and can't really say I noticed a big difference? Maybe the mob damage output was higher (Tank Merc did get rekt'd by an unslowed mob) but that was it?
  6. Tornicade_IV Augur

Descending Tower?
    did you try some of the TBM missions?

doing missions with a bunch of blue cons isn't gonna show the problem. try the missions that took you 45 minutes to an hour before the patch. come back in 3 hours because that's how long those missions are gonna take even if you do complete them.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'll be LFG for 2 Dead Hills missions, need to do my last 2 from Captain Russel Cooper before moving on to Tower of Rot & Argin Hiz and TBS & TDS.
  8. Eonan Journeyman

Nope just did Into The Hills (Gribbles). I am not doubting people that say they are harder, you shouldn't take my post to mean that. I was also running it with my 4-box and 2 mercs, haven't played the game in two years, and could never solo them before anyways.
  9. Eonan Journeyman

The COTF HA's are now capped at level 100 for their scaling, so I doubt it.
  10. Tornicade_IV Augur

the gribbles, WK and Bixie warfront HA's should be fine at 100+ right now. they weren't really impacted by the retune unless you were over 105.

The rest of them though was where the issues were for 101+ post patch and prompted the changes we will see in live on the next patch
    Eonan likes this.
  11. SaffronYellowLotus Journeyman

Looks like they scaled them a bit according to the patch notes but yes some of them were basically impossible for the average toon. I'm looking forward to going back to progression stuff and hopefully can catch up now. As or you it should be like it was before:

- - Heroic Adventure NPCs have lower stats at level 106+, compared to their January 2018 stats.
    - - Spells cast by NPCs in Heroic Adventures scale in approximately the same way that the NPCs' stats scale. For levels 101+ this was generally an increase.
    - - Heroic Adventures stop scaling at the maximum level in the era they were introduced. For example, 15th anniversary and Call of the Forsaken errands released when the maximum level was 100, so even if there is a level 101+ player in the zone, the highest these adventures will scale is as if the max level player in the zone were level 100.
    - - Heroic Adventures experience and point reward scaling have been adjusted to better reflect their difficulty.
    - - Heroic Adventures daily quest experience and point reward scaling have been adjusted to better reflect their difficulty.
  12. Goneamuk Journeyman

I know this is an older post and kinda mute with the changes coming in the currently installing patch, however there's two things I'd like people (including devs) to consider....

As we grow more powerful, it should be easier to go back and do older content. PERIOD! With that clearly stated, it would be fun as could be IF we could choose a difficulty level when doing HAs. Think back to DoDH (excluding the monster missions). Older missions are done by either lower levels for xp, upper levels for progression (of any they missed), or for the odd loot item. Giving them the ABILITY to scale, at the players choice, would be fantastic. It'd give bragging rights and they'd get xp.

Here's the problem with getting xp in older content, it's not utilizing newer content and doesn't encourage people to buy the newest xpac. While I do love the idea that people could choose the difficulty level of any instance they did, provided the reward scaled too, I am much more interested in getting people to support the game - but the latest xpac and join the rest of us.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The problem is everytime we get a level increase we decrease the number of zones we can get viable exp in.

ROS expansion is particularly bad as VP isn't really an exp zone, it is a loot zone and Sarith Tomb is tiny, OT & Skyfire have annoying mobs so really if you want a relaxing group you have HS and Goro, the easiest being Gorowyn.

A lot of players are prefering to go back and do older content. If Daybreak wants us in the newest content they need to create enough desirable content to play in.
    Zhaunil_AB and NeverPayForLag like this.
  14. bosspgp Journeyman

I agree Yinla
  15. Cleaver Augur

Its kind of funny. You all whined about them being too hard and now they're easy but the XP was nerfed to crap making it so you won't even do them anyway.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I had more important things to do last night, like atrocious. Now that is done my main will be back to only raiding and I'll be back on my level 103 alt working my way through CotF, TBM, TDS and EOK while I wait on something new to do in the anniversary content.
  17. High Voltage Augur

The content that came with the last xpac can barely described as "non-zero". There are exactly four missions you can earn group currency in. Yeah, thats way more repetive than CotF HAs ever were. And RoS has less playable zones than I have fingers on my left hand.

So, as Yinla (omg can't believe I really say that) basically stated, there is not much content to play in. Now, after the removal of all the older HAs, it's even less.
  18. Mikey New Member

8 AA's with lesson blows and is not worth the time. As I said before the HA's scaled up just fine before the Jan patch. Mobs scaled up and were just as tough at 110 as they were at 105...then they had to uber scale them to RoS scale. I don't get their train of thought...if there is one.
  19. Tornicade_IV Augur

We don't know how many expansion they plan for 110. nor was there enough time for a toon in full ros2 with all their aa's to hit this content jdging by the 110's in eok2 raid gear the stuff would of been pretty easy. I had no problems with them deciding to scale up the 106-110 . my issue was witht he impact of backwards scaling on those 101-105.

so going back to the December launch scaling was never an option for the devs,

They had two options. figure out a fix for the 101-105 content and returne the 106-110 scale for TDS,TBM and COTF individually and itemize the content. or do what they did. Fix the 101-105 content back to where it was and stop scaling at 105.

Judging by the initial implementation it appears the devs first preference was to keep the content viable for the new levels but doing it the right way wasn't feasible from a design implementation standpoint.

Once again if they couldn't commit the time and resources to make it work the right way then this was the best solution gamewise.
  20. Khaliss Augur

With the latest patch, I have a question about HA scaling. Say if I have a level 110 tank (purchase RoS expansion), & box a full group with all the other alts at level 105 (no RoS expansion). Would HAs (Gribbles in particular) scale up to level 110, making it so much harder for my level 105 boxed alts to survive in the instance?