HA mission clickies

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gragas, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Gragas Augur

2. Tobynn Augur

I would like to see that "No Zone" tag applied a little more liberally so items like those poof when task is over.
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  3. Dimleelit New Member

^^ this right here ^^
  4. Goth Augur

I hate all the loot crap missions. kill count is the way to go. or at least make it random update from killing a mob rather than having to loot senseless garbage.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Augur Developer

The trouble with this flag is that it also causes the item to disappear if you leave the instance during the mission, for example, if you die.

We'll continue to strive to use smarter scripts across the board to manually remove items at the end of a mission, but I just wanted you to be aware that it's more complicated than simply flipping a flag field.
    Tarvas likes this.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I wouldn't worry about coming up with something new unless you are just bored or into innovation with that horrendous code you are working with. Simply making sure the items have to be turned in during the mission or having the kills randomly update the "collection" portion (think Lost Harbringers and the Recover Stolen Shards step) of the task will do for future content for me.
    Augur likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'd like to repeat my request that all 'mission' and other special items please have added to the description something like, "This item is for 'x' mission / task / quest. You may destroy it once you have completed the mission / task / quest as it serves no other purpose."

This way you know you don't have to hang onto it for some other reason that might show up later or in case you forget how you got it / the reason it exists.

NOTE: This request applies to all mission / task / quest items, not just Heroic Adventure ones.
    JacklSK, Tiqou and Cicelee like this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

I remember there was some VoA task that you received and used some item in the first partisan of the zone, and then you needed and used that item later on in the partisan chain. Might have been Rubak Oseka, not sure. Anyways I remember some complaints from players about not knowing they needed to save the item, and it caused some chaos.

I think this is the main reason why people hold onto these clickies, items, etc from tasks. I agree with Fanra that if the code is such that it is too difficult to have these items vanish when the task is over, just have some written dialogue somewhere saying you can delete the item after the task.

Make a lore tab when you right click the item, like you do with collectibles. As long as we know it is safe to delete, will make many of us hoarders of unnecessary things happy.
  9. Gragas Augur

Like the bixie disguise one? It serves absolutely no purpose at all, except for something that is placed on my cursor but never used.
  10. Tearsin Rain Augur

norent.
    flag flipped, item removed for 99% of people in 99% of situations where it would be annoyingly still present when not expected.
  11. Gragas Augur

Geez sounds just like what was originally asked for?
  12. Tearsin Rain Augur

i know, hence the sarcasm inherent in replying to what augur said =P
  13. Augur Developer

As designers, we have to account for all scenarios, not just the ones most commonly encountered.

Applying a blanket flag to all of these items would cause players to be gated (unable to complete a task) in certain situations. That is not acceptable. If we're going to make a change, we need to do it the right way.

The current situation is not ideal, and we will work towards a solution, but breaking the content for some number of players is not the solution.
    smash, Tarvas and Feradach like this.
  14. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

could always change the no rent poof timer to like 2 hours
  15. Gragas Augur

Eh, "gated" in dev speak used to mean suspended or banned, but thanks for the explanation.
  16. Tearsin Rain Augur

i'm going to *guess* that it means if someone holding a required item goes LD for long enough that the item poofs, the task would then not be able to be completed.
    but given that the poof timer on norent items is currently like what... 30 minutes? ... that seems a pretty rare scenario.

though i suppose having to manually destroy items can be seen as less of an irritation than not being able to complete a mission because someone went LD.
    though, even then, i'm willing to bet that the cases of someone carrying a necessary item going LD for 30 minutes and everyone sitting around waiting on them with the intention of completing the task is pretty rare as well, but i can concede the point that the devs need to be looking at design for a worst case scenario perspective.
  17. Marshall Maathers Augur

In some situations they give everyone the item, even if only one is needed. Would be the potential solve to the problem of one member disappearing.
  18. Famka Elder

If it is just items that need to be looted to update the task, why not make it so you can sell them to a vendor?
    Like the Floral Animating Force from the Dead Hills task Clearing a Path.